HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Make Philbin Fire the Defensive Coordinator
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Make Philbin Fire the Defensive Coordinator
Posted by: chrisnnavarre ()
Date: September 27, 2015 02:56PM

Make Joe bring in Mike Smith formally of the Atlanta Falcons. He's on the market. If he doesn't... then make Lazor the interim coach and still bring in Smith as the defensive coordinator.

Something has to be done.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Make Philbin Fire the Defensive Coordinator
Posted by: davdoldew4 ()
Date: September 27, 2015 02:59PM

How about Philbin Fire Philbin ! Could that work !!!

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: September 27, 2015 03:01PM

Totally agree. Coyle has no business even being a position coach. Today was a disgraceful performance that requires some sort of action to be taken. Mike Smith or anyone else but Coyle.

Date: September 27, 2015 03:10PM

Smith has a very good defensive background. He has the players to succeed in Miami. The defensive talent is there. This could be a stepping stone for him back to a head coaching position. Really, I don't think we need to burn down the whole organization but the defense gave up 41 points today. They just could not get off the field. It was awful. Joe has to see the writing on the wall. Coyle is a disaster. He's lost the entire defensive locker room.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: September 27, 2015 03:16PM

although coyle needs to go the underlying problem is philbin. he needs to be shown the door too.

Ross didn't pay 400mm in upgrades to see this shit show. He had better get his super bowl or he is screwed.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 27, 2015 03:16PM

Philbin should resign. A drubbing like this warrants a new HC.

Posted by: thegreathoo ()
Date: September 27, 2015 03:47PM

It's over. I just hope it's also over for Hickey and Tennebaum.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 27, 2015 04:09PM

let's pull for a top 5 pick and clean house. sadly ross will not get rid of tannenbaum after 1 year so tack another 5 years of despair onto our lives

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 27, 2015 04:21PM

As far as Coyle is concerned, at a certain point the defense will get tired if constantly kept on the field by the offense that can't sustain long drives.

Date: September 27, 2015 04:21PM

As far as Coyle is concerned, at a certain point the defense will get tired if constantly kept on the field by the offense that can't sustain long drives.

Date: September 27, 2015 04:49PM

Yes the offense has stunk but the defense has been putrid at the start of games before fatigue could enter the equation. With Coyle in charge, the defense has gotten progressively worse each year.

Date: September 27, 2015 04:49PM

Yes the offense has stunk but the defense has been putrid at the start of games before fatigue could enter the equation. With Coyle in charge, the defense has gotten progressively worse each year.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: September 27, 2015 04:54PM

Sucks they dumped big $ on Tannehill and didn't upgrade the OL

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 27, 2015 05:32PM

Our offense has been terrible as well. We've basically had ONE good offensive series in each game. Why do you guys want to keep Lazor?

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 28, 2015 09:59AM

It is unrealistic to fire Coyle in middle of season and install a new defensive system. The logistics of installing a new defensive system is not something you can just do during a bye week... If anyone is fired it should be Philbin, even if Coyle is the bigger problem.. That is something the HC should have taken care of in the offseason.. He didnt so, he should go... Philbin is too pussy to fire anyone.. He had to be forced by the owner with his own job and our ex OC's son in laws job just to fire our ex OC Sherman....

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: September 28, 2015 10:06AM

It may or may not be realistic to fire Coyle during the season, but we will not win games going forward where he's in charge of the defensive game plan or making the defensive calls. Only positive for him staying put is higher draft pick next year.

Date: September 28, 2015 10:15AM

Fins72 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It may or may not be realistic to fire Coyle
> during the season, but we will not win games going
> forward where he's in charge of the defensive game
> plan or making the defensive calls. Only positive
> for him staying put is higher draft pick next
> year.

Can you tell me the last time a defensive coordinator was fired mid season? It is the head coaches who are fired mid season, not coordinators... That makes it unrealistic in my book for Coyle to be fired midseason.. You cant install a new system in one off week...

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: September 28, 2015 11:17AM

the ravens fired their OC midseason and went on to win the super bowl.

a new dc will study their scheme and simplify it to suit the personnels strengths.

this ain't brain surgery.

Date: September 28, 2015 11:36AM

I wasn't necessarily disagreeing with the notion that DCs don't get fired mid season. I was simply stating that as long as Coyle is in charge of the defense, dolphins will lose. It is what it is.

Date: September 28, 2015 11:42AM

Bring in someone else, simplify the defensive scheme. Just make sure it's gonna be someone who doesn't sit his arse in the press box and gets on the sideline to motivate these players... like the guy in New England are Ryan's brother does in New Orleans. ON THE SIDELINES PLEASE!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2015 11:43AM by chrisnnavarre.

Date: September 28, 2015 11:55AM

jsm08 Wrote:
> the ravens fired their OC midseason and went on to
> win the super bowl.
>
> a new dc will study their scheme and simplify it
> to suit the personnels strengths.
>
> this ain't brain surgery.

Ok fair enough, but they just promoted from with in the system and kept Cam Cameron's system in place.. They didnt install a new system. They made the QB coach the offensive cordinator, who happened to be an ex head coach for the Colts, Jim Caldwell. The Ravens were also 9-4 at that time when he was fired in mid December... So obviously it was some type of personal conflict going on with the Cameron and others within the organization...
Who are we going to bring up from our defensive ranks to be coordinator? Could have been Kacy Rodgers but he is gone to be D coordinator for the Jets... We dont have anyone with any pedigree within our ranks to take that role on the defensive side of the ball... End of story...

Nietzsche

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: September 28, 2015 01:03PM

We fire the head coach and get who?? Any coach worth anything turns us down.. We have seen it time and time again, whoever we go after, says thanks but no thanks... I am not saying keep this dishrag we have, but who is it we have a chance to get??

Date: September 28, 2015 02:27PM

SouthFlPhinFan, if you are saying you have no trust in Ross's judgement, I can't argue with you.

But we're between a rock and a hard place. We have only played 2 games, three for all practical purposes because this week is too quick to make a change.

But 3 out of 16 is quick enough to perhaps salvage a season.

Philbin is certainly worse than Sparano so I cannot argue that any change will be better.

I still hate that knucklehead Ross for not simply elevating Todd Bowles.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: September 29, 2015 06:16AM

Why is Lazor off the hook???? He is trying to pound square pegs into round holes just as hard as the rest of them. SOMEONE has to step up and say "This system isn't working with this team." Till someone does that they are all equally culpable.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 29, 2015 09:15AM

Many of us have stated that Philbin is a lousy coach and the pre-season and first 3 games support that proposition again. I do believe that he has to go but can't imagine it happening until the off season.

Again we run into a problem and that is getting a quality HC when this franchise has lost its credibility.

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: September 29, 2015 09:31AM

The problem with the current situation is that Coach Philbin's demeanor and personality have never struck me as one with a sense of urgency. Steady and stay the course, no matter the situation and recent results. Coyle wont be fired, at least not by Philbin because that's not his personality. I would expect the team's implosion to continue.

Date: September 29, 2015 09:50AM

What I'd like to see, and what I'll probably see are two very different things. I'd like to see a search for a new and well respected GM who Ross would give authority to hire a coach and over personnel decisions (i.e. no more Tannenbaum, Aponte, Hickey hodge podge). I think you might be able to get a decent GM if he knew that he would make all the calls. What we'll probably get is the same muddled front office people hiring new coaching staff after current staff gets fired.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: September 29, 2015 12:29PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> As far as Coyle is concerned, at a certain point
> the defense will get tired if constantly kept on
> the field by the offense that can't sustain long
> drives.

Not sure if you aere serious or not, Chryen, but I have to disagree with you, if you are.

That defense was supposed to carry Miami this year, mainly because of Suh, but it is far from that. The $114M man isn't getting it done. I realize he is getting double and triple teamed, but geting the money he is, he should be doing better than that. Because of Suh's presense, Wake and Vernon, and the linebackers, were supposed to thrive, i.e., Wake or Vernon getting single blocked, which should lead to them beating their man. Not getting done! Our
DBs are still having problems, with only Grimes and Jones doing a good job.

You say the offense should be maintaining drives? We all knew the OLine was going to be a problem (although Philbin and the coaches felt they would be OK). RT is getting killed back there and the running game....uh, there is no running game. Hard to maintain drives when the line is like a sieve.

For me, the problem is both coaching and the players executing the plays. Something has to be done to get this straightened out, and quick.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.