HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Tannehill still can't throw deep
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Tannehill still can't throw deep
Posted by: davdoldew4 ()
Date: September 20, 2015 04:11PM

This is what his fourth year now ?

The man just plain doesn't have it, he is an average QB at best.

I have not seen any improvement as he still holds the ball too long, stares down his receivers and is a slow decision maker prior to releasing the football and also staying on topic, he still can't throw the long ball.

Defenses are onto Tannehill and I just have to believe after having four years experience that he still has problems. I don't believe that he will ever improve anymore then what we see...

He is a recipe for failure !!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tannehill still can't throw deep
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: September 20, 2015 04:18PM

What game were you watching? Yes, he made some of those mistakes. He also missed some open receivers, a la last week. However, he WAS our offense with a 108.5 QB rating, he just didn't get very much help. He was definitely NOT mediocre.
**edited to read: The only times he tried to throw deep, he was forced to run for his life.

Rick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2015 04:27PM by dolphan4545.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: September 20, 2015 04:32PM

he missed cameron on a seam route. other than that he threw the ball well.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 20, 2015 04:36PM

359 yards, 2 tds, no interceptions. I don't think Tanny was the problem today.

Date: September 20, 2015 05:35PM

Im the first to shit on him , last week he was terrible.

but this week he made some good decisions to get rid of the football. The Oline was just non existent. I knew they were going to be bad, but they are just off the charts bad. Not addressing this will hurt us. Tanny took some huge hits and got right back up. Our Defense can get it together . But the Oline might be irreparable at this point. Albert wont last to the bye let alone the season.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 21, 2015 03:42AM

I was worried about the Oline at the beginning of the year.

Well this is the main problem with this team...

Need to fix the Oline in next years draft....

You fix the Oline we score some more points on this game.....We are sitting at 2-0 right now.

Chren as far as landry fielding that punt......you are right.....He should had let it bounce into the endzone but.....

It wasnt entirely his fault....

Its the coaches fault as well...

That tells me there is no comunication between coaches and players on this team......

If iam the coach i continually tell landry not to field the punt if its that close to the endzone......

IMO It was landrys fault and the coaches fault as well.....

And as far as the tile in this thread....

Now that i had a good nights rest i realize it wasn't tannehills fault......

There is a huge problem when you have a qb rushing for more yards than your rb by mid game.

Medicine for everyone here....

No better medicine for this than beating the bills at home next week...

Can it be done? Can we beat the bills next week?

I give it a 50-50 chance.

Go phins.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: September 21, 2015 04:17AM

The o line is bad, no doubt, but I think the defensive line/line-backing is as much or a bigger problem. My God, these guys can't f****** tackle. Bad angles, failing to wrap up, etc.. If you can't stop the run and put pressure on the opposing QB, you lose. Period. Even to bad teams like Jacksonville.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: September 21, 2015 05:11AM

Last week he looked like he did most of last year. This week he looked good, BUT...Once again our offense failed to produce when they had the opportunity. He's the QB a LOT of that HAS to be on him. My gut feeling is that, if he could line up against a vanilla defense every down(like when he was running up most of those numbers yesterday), he'd be all world. Unfortunately that isn't reality. We get in or near the red zone, the short slants get taken away, there is pressure up the middle and...FG try. Tannehill is a smart kid, he cleans up mistakes that are correctable. Just not sure that some of the things he still doesn't do well consistently ARE correctable rather they are just physical limitations. IDK there are a lot of other problems to be sure but, like alcoholics in denial, some are ready to rebuild the entire team every year yet refuse to consider Tannehill may just not be good enough. THe Jags were 3-13 last year and 20th vs the pass. If Tannehill is as whiz bang as some think he would have found a way to score more than 2 TDs against them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2015 05:27AM by KB.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 21, 2015 05:58AM

I didn't see the fist game against the Redskins but did see yesterday's game. There are many areas that have not been fixed during the off season. Our LBs aren't much help and the secondary has coverage problems. Suh is finding out that he has to have good players around him or he isn't quite as effective.

Wake is hurt and I have to wonder if his best days were two seasons back. sad smiley

I can't see much difference in how things are going in the trenches now as compared to last year. The O-line isn't much to speak of.

Date: September 21, 2015 06:49AM

We allowed 10 points and 23 points in two games....total 33 points.....16.5 points average....per

If we had an OLine and a offense that could run the ball we wouldnt be talking about the defense...

Yes defensive players are going to get beat.....thats what the other teams offense is supposed to do...

The defense isnt the main problem.

The main problem is the OL....We cannot score points....cant run the ball.....

Tannehill isnt the problem either....he had 350 pass yards and 2 tds....

Imagine if he had a running game.

Date: September 21, 2015 06:55AM

So far tannehill numbers

2 games

570 yards pass

3 Tds passing

0 Ints.

Posted by: CG ()
Date: September 21, 2015 07:33AM

Date: September 21, 2015 07:43AM

One other thing, please dial your attention back to Tannehill standing flat footed with his back to the defensive end that was coming full speed and hit him in the back and he fumbles. Hey Tannehill, news flash, if you are going to stand still at least watch for and face the opposing defensive line. As a QB you cant ever just sit and look the other way. DUMB !!!

Date: September 21, 2015 09:01AM

davonte parker got 17 snaps yesterday and was targeted once. inexcusable.

we try to outsmart the opponent by staying away from our playmakers.

suh is complaining about our complicated D so he started free lancing. Coyle is an idiot.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: September 21, 2015 09:21AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 21, 2015 10:46AM

Date: September 21, 2015 12:11PM

I am not the brightest cookie in the box and I do not know the complex plays in their playbook. I just wonder why as a designed play he doesn't take off and run to the left or right from the shotgun, faking a QB run, and stop and throw deep to a receiver.

The right situation must be there of course but I tell you, I believe once he makes a big play off this the defense will slow down their pass rush. The defenses do not respect Tannehill as he is one dimensional and are prepared for the dink and dunk and they allow it. Tannehills numbers look good. Problem is he still won't or can't throw deep and until he makes the defenses honest the Dolphins are in for a long year...

Date: September 21, 2015 04:41PM

our oline wouldn't look so bad if we could hit some big passes. we have to make teams pay for blitzing but until we do they'll keep blitzing and covering our dink and dunk offense.

Date: September 21, 2015 05:57PM

Yeah, but you gotta be able to throw deep to do that.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: September 22, 2015 07:23AM

2nd most completions over 20 yards in the NFL after 2 weeks, I read.

*shrug*

Bad posters gonna be bad posters.

Date: September 22, 2015 10:16AM

20 yards isn't deep

Date: September 22, 2015 12:20PM

It's mid range at best.

Date: September 22, 2015 12:31PM

all the talk about the D this week yet no one has noticed our revamped offense has scored a total of 30 points in 2 games.

we're a good offense between the 20s. we need long sustained drives to score. that limits our opportunities. until we can take the top off the d not much will change.

the problem is we need our d to hold the opponent to 14 or less to have a chance.

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: September 22, 2015 05:19PM

Date: September 23, 2015 12:54AM

find the stat that shows us scoring a td longer than 30 yards.

every drive is long and drawn out. it limits our opportunities on O no matter how many obscure stats you throw at the argument.

Are offense has scored 30 pts in two games.

If we attacked downfield our oline and running game would improve Until then we'll face stacked boxes and blitzing at will. Why? Because we can't beat it.

Date: September 23, 2015 03:02AM

LOL. You want to cherry pick one stat like "TD longer than 30 yards" and then fault me for using "obscure stats". GTFOH

Date: September 23, 2015 04:05AM

Date: September 23, 2015 04:14AM

You're right, joe.

tannehill is great. it's everyone elses fault.

the coaches can do a better job of designing deep plays and tannehill can do a better job of connecting on some.

my question is relevant. we don't score on long plays. we have long time consuming drives and struggle in the redzone. that limits our opportunities. we need quick strike ability and we don't have it.

Date: September 23, 2015 04:29AM

Overall the whole team is accountable but tannehill is the least of the problems.

Date: September 23, 2015 05:03AM

jsm08 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You're right, joe.
>
> tannehill is great. it's everyone elses fault.

If you are pointing the finger at Tannehill as a main issue of our failures then you are not paying attention.

>
> the coaches can do a better job of designing deep
> plays and tannehill can do a better job of
> connecting on some.
>
> my question is relevant. we don't score on long
> plays. we have long time consuming drives and
> struggle in the redzone. that limits our
> opportunities. we need quick strike ability and
> we don't have it.

That's not how this offense was built. Everybody wants the sexy deep ball, wide open passing & long bombs all day long. They brought in receivers who were supposed to fit a style of offense. They're supposed to get open and make plays after the catch and YES, occasionally catch a deep pass.

I guess if you want to get Tannehill killed then you could just make 7 step drops and let it fly. We are not blocking well enough to do that, plain and simple. They are also not blocking well enough in the running game. You don't think being able to run the ball is a bigger problem than the occasional deep pass?

It might help if the defense could get off the field. We are 28th in time of possession but you want Tannehill to be perfect on his very limited possessions and on every throw to do what? Make up for the defensive failures?

I mean, seriously...what did you expect? It's game 2, we are 1-1 and we have 3-4 NEW WR"S!!!, a new starting TE, and one of the most inexperienced offensive lines in the league that's even worse without it's gimpy LT.

Half of the offense features new starters in a new system!

The defense was supposed to be ready out of the gate. It's the same guys in the same system with a new high priced veteran.

Why is everyone so shocked that the offense is behind?

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.