Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Welcome NFL to the New and improved Miami Dolphins..........
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Welcome NFL to the New and improved Miami Dolphins..........
Date: September 13, 2015 06:55AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Welcome NFL to the New and improved Miami Dolphins..........
Date: September 13, 2015 08:57AM

Hopefully we can make some corrections at the half.sad smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 13, 2015 09:03AM

Err,, wouldn't we need coaches to do that?

Date: September 13, 2015 09:21AM

SIGH.sad smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: September 13, 2015 09:39AM

i bet hooligan will be the first one to compliment the coaches if we blow them out in the second half.

broken clocks are right twice a day

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 13, 2015 09:46AM

Not the digital ones.

Date: September 13, 2015 10:13AM

I probably won't be the first. I can't type all that fast with only two fingers.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Date: September 13, 2015 11:08AM

Best coaching staff I ever saw.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Date: September 13, 2015 11:42AM

atta boy. they really fired landry up!

these guys are professionals. if they need the coach to get them fired up to play then they shouldn't be here.

jarvis landry is a pro. i doubt anyone had to fire him up.

the problem today was coyle. we have a loaded d and he played base most of the game.

we need to dictate on D. all preseason jones was hovering around the line. not today when it counted. he played back.

sweet criminy, when will the coyle finally grow a sack.

Date: September 13, 2015 11:50AM

It was Ugly , but a win is a win. I'm concerned about them closing out SUH and running the ball so well. I hope Albert is OK. They have work to do this week.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 13, 2015 12:24PM

I was disturbed about some of the passes by Tannehill to be frank but it was the opening game. So hopefully, having won, he'll settle down next week.

Date: September 13, 2015 12:37PM

He's a veteran. He ended up with numbers no better than Cousins. Miami should not have to count on special teams to bail them out against a team ranked 31st or 32nd in the power rankings. It was a win but, it was NOT a play-off caliber effort.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Date: September 13, 2015 12:53PM

I'm as big a fan of Tannehill as there is. That said , this win was ugly. Kind of like taking that monster fat chick home at 4am when the lights come on. yeah you got laid.....,we won, but damn, I know you could do alot better son!!!! That was Ugly. Ryan's fumble was as bad a play as I've seen him involved in. They need yo be in at 7 sharp Tues figuring WTF went wrong and how do we fix it?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: September 13, 2015 01:27PM

Some disturbing things about this game:

offense got shut out in the second half

defensive front 7 not in synch in the first half. Still not putting everything on the lbs for the terrible run defense in 1st half.

Tanne - worst thing about that bad throw that knocked Sims out was that later Cousins showed how that play should work resulting in a TD.

D/ Ends - 0 sacks / Wake had 1 that was negated by a penalty but ends did not bring a lot of heat.

Dolphin O & D coordinators - This game should not have been that close. Lazor gets a Mulligan time of posession was dominated by Skins. Defense has to get off the field.

Good Stuff

DB's - Those guys played there a***** off. Good Job

Douglas saw him blocking down field on several plays.

Pouncey did some good stuuf out there.

Oline improved.

Mathews - just give him the damn ball. I think he is a player.

Cameron - can get open

Landry - game mvp

Misi - played best game of his career.

D Tackles - made plays thru out the game. Improved run defense in the second half allowing the lbs to come up and make plays.

Date: September 13, 2015 01:30PM

We had one sack from the rookie.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: September 14, 2015 04:19AM

The redskins had a good gameplan and they were more physical than we were. They were also cut blocking our defenders on every play. We'd better get that figured out this week because I guarantee Jacksonville will do the same thing and Buffalo will punch us in the mouth. We also had better learn how to tackle...quickly. RT forced quite a few balls into heavy traffic as well...can't continue that.

Got alot of work to do the next two weeks.

Date: September 14, 2015 08:24AM

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: September 14, 2015 08:41AM

My question is why didn't they get the cut blocking issue corrected? Like no one has ever had to fight cut blocks before? If all you ever had to do was cut block and elite defensive line, everyone would be doing it all the time.

What gives? Terrell Williams was not coaching the d-line? Coyle was unaware? I don't get it.

Date: September 14, 2015 08:42AM

Im still excited but still some things that need to be worked on that has been evident in the past.

Tanne needs touch - I can keep saying this but that's probably the last thing to come on the list. He has made significant progress.

Pouncey needs to make better line calls and pick up stunts. On the Tanne fumble Pouncey went to help out on the right side and left a gap that allowed Thomas to get double teamed. New England always run a similiar stunt at least twice a game w/ the same results.

Our linebackers play too far back. We start 2 weakside DE's our lbs are already vulnerable on the edges. Playing them as far back as we do makes them vulnerable from the inside too. Our DTs play aggressively IMO protecting the lbs is not part of the scheme. I remember what made Tim Bowens so effective was he took up space and forced the runner thru gaps that Zach knew they were coming thru and he would make the tackle. Our front 7 scheme appears to be every man for himself no cohesion between the front 4 and the back 3. Now that Ellerbe and Wheeler are gone we saw the same yesterday w/ tackles being made 4/5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage.

Gotta fix that that's the most serious issue.

Date: September 14, 2015 08:55AM

that fumble never happens if matthews catched the pass right in his mitts the previous play.

Date: September 14, 2015 09:15AM

That's true but poor execution on a prior play does not excuse poor execution on the next.

Date: September 14, 2015 09:43AM

I have a feeling we should have hired Jim Schwartz to replace Coyle.

Date: September 14, 2015 10:18AM

Or Rex Ryan to replace Philbin.
I know it may sound a little "chicken littlish" but, I have a feeling that our only shot at the playoffs is IF both wildcards come out of the AFC East. Buffalo looks solid.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Date: September 14, 2015 10:44AM

We will find out if it gets fixed this week vs Jax. They (and every other team) will be cutting us until they solve the problem. Just like everyone after the Bronco game last year figured out to double our DT's.

Date: September 14, 2015 02:36PM

We came out of the gate last season in the season opener and looked Super bowl bound against the pats. So you never know........hopefully they make ajustments this week.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 14, 2015 02:54PM

In all fairness, the D did not allow a 3rd down conversion or a single point in the second half.

They did only allow 10 points. I don't know many coaches who would complain about that.

It was the offense that stalled. You have to score more than 10 points.

Date: September 14, 2015 03:34PM

I'm the biggest Tannehill supporter here, but that may have been one of his worst games to date. Several throws where batted at the line.his fumble, and he almost killed Sims.eye popping smiley. I love the kid, no one's perfect, but he needs to get his shit together. And he had a ton of time. The oline played well.

Defense needs to stop those runs up the middle. I think our corners played lights out.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: September 15, 2015 02:41PM

22 of 34 for 226 yrds with 1 TD and no INTS......93.5 QBR.......does everyone really expect him to put up Marino like numbers? He's not Dan Marino, nor will he ever be.

Now having said that, I do still worry about the sacks, I've said this before and I'll say it again, Ryan moves well on designed runs, but when the rush gets close he moves like he's in cement, he needs the inner clock to go off a split second sooner.

The few over-throws I saw, he was throwing on the run, tough enough to hit the low percentage throws, even tougher doing it while moving. This offense needs to establish the run first then let Ryan get the passing game going, can't understand why Lazor and/or Philbin refuses to feed Lamar the ball on a consistent basis.

Date: September 15, 2015 03:52PM

Tannehill connected twice DEEP to Cameron. All the knocks on him for lack of deep balls and still no acknowledgement.

Tannehill also led the drive to close out the game. Another knock where everyone said he could not close out games. He connected on a 22 yard pass that final drive (2nd and 16).

Not all great but some positives to build on...

The defense shut down a 4th down conversion attempt on the final defensive stance.

The offense also blocked well on the last drive to close out the game. Lamar Miller 8 yard run to get that final first down.

Another reason I don't want to freak out too much about a tough road game even though it was against a 4 win team from 2014. For all we know they make the playoffs this year. Stranger things have happened.

Date: September 16, 2015 07:48AM

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.