HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Kicker
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Kicker
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 07, 2015 03:16PM

I don't get what we are doing at kicker. It's a freaking kicker. I don't care about "potential" at the position or what we think Franks might grow into. Guy kicked (poorly) in college before 2500 fans, anyone confident in him lining up in Foxboro for a possible game winner in the 4th Q? Not me.
I see Nick Novack was cut. Had a good season last year but team went cheaper. Better year than Sturgis for sure. I'd like to sign him, put Franks on PS--no one is gonna poach him.
This is a team making a run this year and we need a solid K, not a rookie kicker who made less than 75% of kicks in D-3.
I just don't get it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kicker
Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: September 08, 2015 03:35AM

I wondered the same thing at times but at kicker is a position where you can cut a guy if he performs badly and have a replacement the next day. No learning curve.

Nick Novak (34 years old) has had some injuries and was released because he did not have one touch back the entire second half of the season. That's not good when you consider that the NFL pushed the kick-off up a few years ago.

I don't care too much about the college accuracy issues. Kickers can get better in the pros once they start honing their skills. He studied biomedical engineering (non-scholarship) in college so he probably wasn't spending a lot of time improving his kicking skills. Rizzi scouted him and found that his accuracy issues could be partly attributed to poor protection and an inordinate number of long kicks.

Accuracy can be coached, leg strength not so much. Let's see how he does. I was over Sturgis so I don't mind the risk.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.