HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          TBow cut........
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
TBow cut........
Date: September 05, 2015 08:44AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: TBow cut........
Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: September 05, 2015 10:34AM

Guy can't read a defense. Chip Kelly flat out said...he was not good enough to be a 3rd QB.

Date: September 05, 2015 12:05PM

JoeFootball Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Guy can't read a defense. Chip Kelly flat out
> said...he was not good enough to be a 3rd QB.

No, obviously he just doesn't have it mentally to be a NFL QB. Physically he's proven to be a great Hback. That's why he should be more open to helping a team however he can. A Guy like him would be great for a team using only 2 QB's like the Dolphins. God forbid...he's better then nothing. Imagine him and Tannehill lining up? Don't forget Tanny used to be a receiver and is extremely athletic. Or just tease them and let Tbow run it. Or a screen to Tbow as Tanny runs........let a Tight end block......the possibilities would be endless. but Tbow is one stuborn Mfer.angry smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: September 05, 2015 01:11PM

Moore is terrible for what he is getting paid

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 05, 2015 02:26PM

I think, jlyell, the thing is that Moore is being judged on his past game performances instead of what might be happening in pre season playing on the same unit that might not be the starting unit.

No question he is getting old. But if Tanny were to go down, early or late, would you really want to turn the team over to Bethel Thompson (who they cut).

A better question is, INSTEAD, why the hell not keep THREE QBs on the roster??????????

It's not like it's an insignificant position.

Date: September 05, 2015 02:43PM

Moore is not terrible or old. He is 31. He was not good in the preseason which means nothing. I have no reason to believe he won't be as good as he was in 2011 if needed.

Funny how everyone bragged about how he was the best backup in the league until a few bad PS games....confused smiley

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: September 05, 2015 03:16PM

I was a big Moore supporter but haven't seen anything in the last two years that warrants paying him big $. Can we get a cheaper QB and sign a vet OL? If Tannehill goes down we go down

Date: September 05, 2015 07:03PM

I hope we never have to find out if Moore can still play or not. But he was god awful this preseason. Freeman and Thompson were hacks. At least Thompson has an excuse being a rookie. Freemans career is over. He made some $$$ in Tampa. Time to put that college education to work.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 06, 2015 04:28AM

I have to agree with you TC, Freeman is history. I'm surprised that no one has been selected or drafted that can replace Moore. There's a significant drop off between Tannehill's play today and his.

When you think back to Griese and Earl Morrall, yikes what a difference in Morrall's skill set compared to the skill set of Matt Moore.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: September 06, 2015 05:13AM

Are you guys saying Tbow is a better option than Moore?eye rolling smiley

Date: September 06, 2015 07:45AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> Are you guys saying Tbow is a better option than
> Moore?eye rolling smiley

Tbow has been to a AFC championship game. eye rolling smiley

Two completely different kind of players. Cant compare them. But.....With the new extra yardage on extra points, I think your going to see a lot more 2 point attempts. Tbow could create a niche for himself , but he stubbornly refuses to go to any team that he doesn't have a shot at making the starting QB position. If he became a Team player , one that will do anything to help a team win, he could be very valuable.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 06, 2015 07:57AM

He was 0-2 on two point attempts last week.

Date: September 06, 2015 11:46AM

JoeFootball Wrote:
> He was 0-2 on two point attempts last week.

The Eagles also suck.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 06, 2015 11:51AM

JoeFootball Wrote:
> Moore is not terrible or old. He is 31. He was not
> good in the preseason which means nothing. I have
> no reason to believe he won't be as good as he was
> in 2011 if needed.
>
> Funny how everyone bragged about how he was the
> best backup in the league until a few bad PS
> games....confused smiley

Dolphins awarded QB Logan Thomas on waivers. ......interesting eye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: September 06, 2015 05:22PM

Logan Thomas will be on the practice squad. As for Moore, he's a solid backup. Nothing more nothing less. Tebow is a good person and a bad NFL QB.

Date: September 06, 2015 07:09PM

Why would they claim him just to release him so they could re-sign him to the PS? From what I read he is on the 53 man roster.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 07, 2015 10:10AM

jsm08 Wrote:
> Logan Thomas will be on the practice squad. As
> for Moore, he's a solid backup. Nothing more
> nothing less.

Yeah, but that's all you really need is a solid backup. I remember when we had to rely on Moore some 6 or 7 games into the season and he did quite well.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: September 07, 2015 11:01AM

At 6'5" 250lbs I can understand the intrigue. And for a cheap price off waivers too. Perhaps a project to compete with/replace Moore next season? After all, he's only on a one year deal.

Moore's preseason suckness doesn't concern me. We all know what he's capable of. Funny how that he was the team's MVP right before Tanny got drafted and how easy it is to forget that. At least he brought a level of excitement compared to Chad Henne. God...What an era that was!

Date: September 07, 2015 01:45PM

I always liked Moore. But just last season people here and elsewhere where calling for him to start over Tannehill. Glad to see these people or personas have gone away. He was always a journeyman for a reason. Stopgap. But the way he played this past off season I'm not confident in him anymore as the #2. It's like having a great a president, but a God awful vice President. Better hope nothing happens to the big guy.........

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.