Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dallas Thoms and left side and Philbin...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Dallas Thoms and left side and Philbin...
Posted by: ncfishfan ()
Date: August 31, 2015 04:37AM

Dallas Thomas said he is more comfy on the left side because he is left handed. Obviously his play there says the same thing.

With all the problems the past few years, why was he not moved there? Why did we move James out of position last year when Albert went down.

Again, I ask, why does our coach not realize this. I never have nor will understand Philbin's thinking on most things.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dallas Thoms and left side and Philbin...
Posted by: cshashaty ()
Date: August 31, 2015 11:32AM

It was just a combination things: trying to determine what DT was best at, DT needing to clean up his technique, DT needing to get stronger so he could be more consistent with his technique (i.e. when he got tired he played more upright and that's when trouble began).

All the hard work is paying off now.

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: August 31, 2015 02:08PM

I don't think training a player to be versatile is a bad thing. Injuries happen so being able to play multiple positions is a must.

It's not like DT would have been great at LG last year if that's all he did. He has developed over time. Let's hope he continues the trend and that Turner and Douglas follow in his footsteps, only quicker.

I'm more concerned about RG at this moment. Not sure who gets the start in game 1.

Posted by: thegreathoo ()
Date: August 31, 2015 04:03PM

I heard that Douglas has moved ahead of Turner after this weekend. No, I don't think they know what they are doing. I think there are serious problems with offensive coaching staff.

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: August 31, 2015 05:47PM

Or maybe Turner isn't ready just as he's shown for the last month. Douglas has outplayed Turner. That gives me hope that the stubbornness of Philbin is no longer an issue. I must say that with that latest move and the development of Thomas, I feel much better about the line. If he plays this season as he's done through the PS, then I don't know how you can complain that the coaches don't know what they are doing. Thomas, Mathews, Douglas, Tannehill, Miller have all developed under this staff.

Douglas gives us a player at RG, who can get out and pull and get to the second level with blocks. Turner may be a year out in his development. Sometimes it takes years for o-linemen to figure it all out mentally and physically.

1 of 3 or 4 teams in the entire league to have a 1k yard rusher and 4k yard passer but they don't know what they are doing? Achieving that in a first year offense with major injuries and a serious lack of depth????

LT Albert
LG Thomas
C Pouncey
RG Douglas
RT James

...could be the making of a very good line.

Looks a hell of a lot better than Daryn Colledge at LG and Pouncey at RG and 50 sacks.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: September 01, 2015 02:27AM

some guys will find the dumbest things to blame on the coach.

nc, you said sit tannehill this last preseason game or failbum should be fired.

he got his qb some meaningful reps and didn't put him in harms way. he did exactly what he should have done but the pollyannas are still complaining.

our line without our starting LT has looked 100x better this preseason than it has the past 3 years. Not sure what all the complaining is about.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.