HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Thursday Game vs Bears
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Thursday Game vs Bears
Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: August 10, 2015 03:48AM

Looks like Kevin White and DeVante Parker are both out. White has been nursing a shin injury but has not practiced at all since the start of camp.

Should be a good test for us to gauge where we are on the O-line...

Chicago's 3-4 defense: DC Vic Fangio formerly of the 49ers

DE Ego Ferguson
NT Jay Ratliff & rookie Eddie Goldman
DE Jarvis Jenkins

SOLB Pernell McPhee (FA from Baltimore)
ILB Jon Bostic/Christian Jones
ILB Mason Foster/Shea McClellin
WOLB Jared Allen

McClellin has made the switch from DE to ILB (like Misi)

When they run the 3-4 under it will feature these match-ups....

(The development of Eddie Goldman will determine whether or not Jay Ratliff plays NT or DE)

Jaren Allen vs Miami LT (Fox)
Ego Ferguson vs Miami LG
Jay Ratliff vs Pouncey/RG
Jarvis Jenkins vs RG/RT, James

The Bears also have Lamarr Houston at OLB. The guy who tore his ACL celebrating his first sack last year. Said to be looking good in camp.

The game will be televised locally in the Miami area on CBS & FOX32 in Chicago but not until Friday (8-14) at 10am on DirecTV, channel 212 NFLN.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2015 08:03AM by JoeFootball.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thursday Game vs Bears
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: August 10, 2015 07:19AM

I'll be able to get it on the local Chicago feed, hopefully the O-line holds its own

Date: August 10, 2015 09:29AM

Can you stream it over to my house? LOL

Date: August 10, 2015 10:46AM

Just realized that the first depth chart will be out Wednesday or Thursday. It should be interesting to see who fits where. So far it looks like the main guys for this game should be....

QB Tannehill
HB Miller, James, Williams,
FL Mathews
SE Jennings
SL Landry,
LT Fox, Linkenbach
LG Douglas
C Pouncey
RG McClendon, Turner
RT James
TE Cameron, Sims, Robinson

SDE Wake, Fede
DT Suh, Johnson
DT Mitchell, Phillips
WDE Vernon, Shelby
SLB McCain, Vigil
MLB Sheppard
WLB Jenkins, Tripp
CB1 Grimes
CB2 Taylor
CBN Brice McCain, Bo McCain
FS Delmas, Thomas
SS Jones

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: August 10, 2015 03:12PM

you can watch these games on nfl.com. it costs a little money but there is a 7 day free trial so you'd get at least the first game free depending on when you sign up. I think it's only like $20-$30 anyway which is worth it if you want to see the games

Bears D looks like total garbage btw

Date: August 10, 2015 04:07PM

I did that last year with a pretty fast internet connection and they sucked. Very frustrating. I'll just watch the following day.

Date: August 12, 2015 07:24AM

FOX Sports Florida
?
@SunSportsFOXFL

Excited to be televising the only 3 hour @MiamiDolphins Preseason Game 1 pregame show this Thursday w/ @TheFinsiders! pic.twitter.com/trSF3V7jEc

Yippee! They can show a 3 hour pregame show but not the actual game???? SMH

Posted by: dgoodhue ()
Date: August 12, 2015 07:49AM

Btw I set up my DVR to record the game last night. It is was on at 10:00 am on Friday the Verizon FIOS NFL channel in MA.

Date: August 12, 2015 08:04AM

Oh yeah. I just noticed I put the wrong time for DTV. Updated first post to show correct time. Same as Verizon NFLN.

Posted by: thegreathoo ()
Date: August 14, 2015 09:43PM

The offense looked decent.

RT looked okay. The best part was that he completed 6-7 for 56 and had a TD. That is 8 ypa. He is still a little uncomfortable in the pocket, but he manages to make the throws. I thought on the one run he had, he got happy feet and felt ghost pressure too early. Some would say he recognized the void in coverage and took off. Okay.
On a quick slant to Landry he almost threw a pick to Jared Allen, and he missed the throw to wide open corner of endzone to Jennings. He failed to step in to that throw and rushed it.
It could be a combination of feeling ghost pressure and having a predetermined clock in the head. Something is amiss there.
I think he's a rhythm qb, and he'll get that with more games. Last year it took him 3 games to get going.

Lamar Miller looked good. He is still not running with power and balance, I guess he never will, in spite of added weight. Two of the runs were counters off RT. On the first one, Jawuan James missed the block, and Miller was stuffed in the backfield. On the second one James sealed the defender, and Miller ran for a good chunk, 27 I think. The third run was off RT or 6-7 yards. He looked like he did last year.

Oline did a decent job on the first two drives. I feel the guards, Thomas and Turner, are our best Olinemen based on that game. James and Pouncey, and Fox both missed critical blocks on that drive. James has trouble at times kick sliding and covering Turner's man, and Pouncey can't recognize his responsibility at second level.

WRs looked awesome as did the TEs. They are getting open, they are running great routes, they have awesome hands, and they are blocking. Best unit on offense by far.

As far as the defense, the corners looked shaky, especially the right side, Taylor and McCain and Aiken. The front was strong as expected, and the linebackers played well. Reshad Jones was flying. The most encouraging thing about the starters was gang tackling the runner at the line of scrimmage, players were swarming the ball.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2015 09:44PM by thegreathoo.

Date: August 17, 2015 03:50AM

It was Tannehill's first live action of the season and he got one series to "get comfortable". If an 86% completion rate with an opening drive TD is "uncomfortable in the pocket", I can't wait to see him settle in!

He did have one ill-advised throw which was a batted pass and his only incompletion.

The one play where he ran (for a first down), he had happy feet? I don't even know how you could assess that based on the network film coverage. Could you see the receivers to see if they were open? Or were they blanketed and he took advantage of a limited window to make that run?

I do know he had the ball for 4 seconds before he ran. The average time for a QB to throw is 2.5 seconds.

I also know that the weak side pass rusher (Jared Allen) dropped into tight coverage on the RB to eliminate his dump off option.

I think on defense, Zach Vigil is making a case to get more snaps and possibly a starting job. Sheppard started at MLB (behind Suh) and was only involved in one assisted tackle in 24 snaps.

Jenkins played 19 snaps and had 2 solo tackles and 1 assisted.
Vigil had 5 solo tackles (2 were for losses) and 1 sack in 42 snaps. I would like to see him play behind Suh and the starting d-line. He has been getting snaps with the first team this week at MLB and SLB.

Sure seems like Misi and Tripp cannot stay healthy.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 17, 2015 03:53AM

Need to seriously address the LB position in the draft next year.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 17, 2015 04:02AM

Lb position is the weakest position on this team. Although 2 undrafted free agent rookies looking good Hull and Virgil.

The OL Guard spot comes second.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.