HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          ouch
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
ouch
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: July 07, 2015 11:36AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ouch
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: July 07, 2015 11:52AM

Andrew Luck, we couldn't have had..

JJ Watt we couldnt have had.

Luke Kuechly we could have had but would have to give up Tannehill to have him and he is who I actually wanted on draft day. But I am happy with RT over Kuechly now.

Adrian Peterson, we couldn't have had.

Suh we couldn't have had as well...

Earl Thomas for sure we passed up by trading back in 2010, when we got Odrick and Misi...

Brady, Rodgers, Richard Sherman and Gronk, every NFL team could have had except for a few with Rodgers...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: July 08, 2015 03:27AM

Yeah, I guess I hadn't done a player-by-player count when I estimated 2-3.

I had counted Keuchly...given we picked Tanny right before him. I probably would still do the same thing in the same situation. I thought about the fact that we might not have needed Tanny if we had picked Rodgers. Then, of course, we might not have been picking as high that year or subsequent ones...too many variables.

I hadn't counted Suh since we now have him, though we didn't draft him.

Earl Thomas - I was disappointed on that draft day when we moved down and lost the chance to get him. So, I definitely count him.

You're correct about the last list...and the fact that we and almost everyone else had multiple shots at those guys doesn't dull my pain much :-)

I know there's no going back or playing out "what if" to any realistic end, so I was just sort of making a quick c'est la vie observation.

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: July 08, 2015 04:02AM

That top 10 link in not the official players NFL top 10...I do like Shein's comment on #5 (Suh) though...

"Cameron Wake and Olivier Vernon are about to feast on quarterbacks off the edges" - Adam Schein

But the silver lining is that we now have 3 of the top 39 players on our defense. (all from FA)

24 Suh, 39 Wake, 38 Grimes

I think Reshad Jones should have made the list but he did miss 4 games.

Others who could make it....Olivier Vernon, Jelaney Jenkins. On offense in 2016....Tannehill, Parker, Landry, Albert, Pouncey

I wonder which team had the most players on the list.

The list is comprised of players that other players voted as the top 20 players in the NFL. How in the hell does Adam Vinatieri make that list (#98)? That means several people had him in the top 20???? WTH?

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: July 08, 2015 06:05AM

Who cares about the past, just fix the future.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: July 08, 2015 08:41AM

I imagine Seattle had the most or was up there...

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: July 08, 2015 08:55AM

NE had two in the top 10.

Date: July 08, 2015 09:12AM

Including Jimmy Graham, I think Seattle has 8,
Earl Thomas, Bobby Wagner, Kam Chancellor, Russell Wilson, Micheal Bennett, Jimmy Graham, Richard Sherman and Marshawm Lynch

Nietzsche

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.