HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Red Zone Offense
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Red Zone Offense
Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: June 02, 2015 05:55AM

5 Linemen (obviously) and 6 skill positions....

Two TE set

QB Tannehill (run or pass)
RB Ajayi (55 TD's in 3 years = 18.3 per year)
TE Cameron (6'5) (7 red zone TD's in 2013)
TE Dion Sims (6'4) (Breakout year)
WR DeVante Parker (6'3) (huge catch radius, great hands)
WR Jarvis Landry (quick slants, screens) (5 TD's in 11 starts)

You gotta like this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Red Zone Offense
Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: June 02, 2015 10:19AM

excuses or solutions?

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: June 02, 2015 11:23AM

I like Greg Jennings over Sims... Veteran savvy, incredible route runner is hard to keep on the bench in the red zone...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: June 02, 2015 01:28PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like Greg Jennings over Sims... Veteran savvy,
> incredible route runner is hard to keep on the
> bench in the red zone...

That's going to vary from game to game depending on matchups. Sometimes it will be better to have Sims vs a LB than Jennings versus a nickle CB or FS.

Nice to have options that can create and exploit a mismatch though.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: June 02, 2015 02:32PM

THE Truth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> That's going to vary from game to game depending
> on matchups. Sometimes it will be better to have
> Sims vs a LB than Jennings versus a nickle CB or
> FS.
>
> Nice to have options that can create and exploit a
> mismatch though.

Yes, no doubt, I am sure we will see every different grouping of players, we could come up with, depending on the situation and play call... For example, I think spreading it out with no rb and one TE will also be pretty dangerous inside the 20...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: June 02, 2015 04:51PM

I mentioned Sims because I think it's going to be a good year for him. His is one of those players who was raw but just keeps getting better. He made some nice catches at key times last year. Definitely on the upswing.

Posted by: thegreathoo ()
Date: June 02, 2015 06:05PM

The key will be the oline, blitz pick up, keeping our cool in the redzone. I remember last year too many times with reshuffled oline, gassed second stringers, late in games, having penalties, holdings, false starts, giving sacks going backwards in the redzone after a long drive. Hopefully that changes. I am confident in skilled positions.

Date: June 03, 2015 02:57AM

Last year the line was doomed from the start. Mike Pouncey was gone for the first 4 games then came back out of position while a MUCH lesser talent played center. This all led to way too much shuffling on the line.

Thomas playing tackle was terrible. He is a guard only in the NFL. Daryn Colledge was terrible and could only play one position where he gave up 7 sacks in 14 starts.

A rookie had to play the most important position starting in week 10. That's a tall task and weakened two positions.

Now, taking all of that into consideration, we were still able to find the running game during that time AND STILL improve on the dismal year before.

We will be better this year as our best 3 linemen get to start game 1 at their best position (barring injury). Even if Dallas Thomas is the starter, we will be better. He gave up ZERO sacks at guard last year. Now he can concentrate on guard ONLY.

We have Jason Fox (who the coaches have more faith in) to sub at tackle if needed so we don't have to shuffle the entire line to adjust.

I also think we will add a vet before the season starts now that we have an extra 3 mil in cap space.

Posted by: thegreathoo ()
Date: June 03, 2015 03:06PM

I agree, I am very optmistic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.