HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          2015 Linebackers
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
2015 Linebackers
Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: May 08, 2015 03:57AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2015 Linebackers
Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: May 08, 2015 04:02AM

The UFA LB's sound really solid. I look forward to seeing what they bring

Date: May 08, 2015 04:16AM

I still cant believe Jeff Luc might actually be playing for the Miami Dolphins come September. He was no 256 pounds 4 yrs ago I'll tell you that! He has really been working hard in college and I'd LOVE to see make the team. Its a serious position of need and the kid has a Motor. It would mean a lot to the whole Treasure coast as well. smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: May 08, 2015 04:50AM

I can see Luc and Vigil making the team, and the kid from Marshall ending up on the PS.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: May 08, 2015 05:38PM

Some think Luc could start in the middle and move Misi outside

Date: May 09, 2015 11:25AM

The problem I see is Philbin's stubbornness. He is arguing with Tannenbaum and Hickey about where Misi should play. JP wants him in the middle. MT wants Sheppard in the middle with Misi back to SLB. Who do you think wins? Philbin. I think if/when Misi gets hurt, Tripp or one of the rookies will take over and never look back. Sort of what happened between Jenkins and Ellerbe.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: May 09, 2015 12:40PM

if you are reading this Pinhead, Misi sucks as a MLB.

Date: May 09, 2015 01:09PM

Disagree. He's not a play maker but is a solid LB when healthy. I miss having a dominant play making MLB too but...just glad we are rid of Ellerbe & Wheeler.

Date: May 09, 2015 01:12PM

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: May 09, 2015 03:14PM

Misi belongs on the sidelines. Yep Ellerbe and Wheeler are gone but these guys made more plays than Misi. While checking out youtube highlights on our rookies I tried to find highlights on Misi and found almost nothing.
Misi stinks.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 09, 2015 06:09PM

I'd rather have one of those undrafted FA guys at MLB than Misi. Seriously. Misi has no instincts for the position and never made any impact plays anywhere he's been on the field.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: May 10, 2015 12:01PM

JoeFootball Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The problem I see is Philbin's stubbornness. He is
> arguing with Tannenbaum and Hickey about where
> Misi should play. JP wants him in the middle. MT
> wants Sheppard in the middle with Misi back to
> SLB. Who do you think wins? Philbin. I think
> if/when Misi gets hurt, Tripp or one of the
> rookies will take over and never look back. Sort
> of what happened between Jenkins and Ellerbe.

I think MT wins even though Philbin controls the line up... Kind of like how Philbin controls his coaching staff but was forced to fire Sherman even though he was against it...

I agree that when Misi is healthy he isn't bad. But the problem is he gets all the training camp and practice snaps, then will undoubtedly get hurt. Then one of the other guys will be forced to take over with very little 1st team snaps at MLB... So it is putting us at a disadvantage having such a critical position played by a guy with so few snaps due to Misi getting the early nod at MLB... Rather go with someone we think can stay healthy all season and grow in the position...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: May 10, 2015 02:30PM

misi has been average at best every year.

Date: May 11, 2015 05:11AM

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: May 11, 2015 05:36AM

This Hull guy sounds good, if it works out, Misi can be put as an Outside LB, where he belongs. At least until we find someone better.

Date: May 11, 2015 05:42AM

I wanted Jake Ryan for the same reasons. Size be damned. The guys a baller.

Date: May 13, 2015 09:46AM

I say put the 3 fastest/most instinctual guys at LBer, let them run around and wreak havoc. They should have more opportunity to do that this year. I think opposing offensive lineman will be occupied, to say the least.

Jeff Luc at MLB as the thumper, who also runs faster than any LBer on the team.

I would not even be surprised to see Jenkins get some competition at WLB from Tripp and Vigil and Hull.

Chris McCain at SLB will also get stiff competition.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 13, 2015 10:45AM

I don't trust the Lbs and i know this year the Lbs will have the luxury of having suh occupying space but i still do not trust the LBs we have.

I wish we would have a couple of LBs that we already relied on them last year.

Some of our LBs have potential but thats it. They have to prove it
on the field first.

One of the reasons we missed playoffs last year was that we couldn't stop the run.

Hope this changes in 2015.

I just dont see it so bright as others.

Its good to be positive but ive been positive before and came crashing down by midseason.

Date: July 19, 2015 03:37PM

...based on nothing but my intuition and pure conjecture....

Chris McCain does not win starting SLB spot. I've been following him all off season and no way in hell he is 250 lbs. He looks very thin. It doesn't appear that he has been doing much weight training. Best candidate to win spot IMO...Jordan Tripp.

Hell, Tripp may beat out Misi for MLB with Koa starting at SLB.

9 more days and we'll get a glimpse.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2015 02:25AM by JoeFootball.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: July 22, 2015 11:15PM

Whomever we field at LB this season should be better than the group we had last season simply because of the improved DL. The LB'ers should be able to remain in space and not get taken up by blockers allowing them to make more plays. I'm stoked to finally get to see our new roster on the field...the 13th can't get here quickly enough.

Date: July 24, 2015 03:12AM

I see

Jenkins WLB probably our most talented LB should be read to take his game up a notch.

Sheppard - mlb I think its a pipe dream that one of the undrafted F/As beat out a veteran but if that happens good.

McCain/Misi - slb McCain appeared to 'want it' last year. Lacked knowledge of the defense but still showed some stuff when he got on the field. Would be real disappointed to see Misi starting anywhere.
He would be good backup insurance for both slb & mlb.

Tripp - I was happy we drafted Tripp I hope he better understands the defense this year and pushes for a job.

Paysinger - if Tripp does not show something a veteran like this can knock him off the roster.

Trusnik
Freeny

Date: July 24, 2015 06:47AM

Date: July 24, 2015 08:26AM

Date: July 24, 2015 09:30AM

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: July 24, 2015 10:46AM

I fear that Mccain is a one trick pony... He can rush the passer or rush the punter... Speed rush,edge rush... Not sure he can read an offense, shed blockers and make plays yet... He would appear to have the right size and speed to cover a TE or RB down field though... As was said above by someone, how well does he really know the defense?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: July 24, 2015 12:52PM

Teammates were calling for this guy to get more time on the field last year. He admitted that they did not run sophisticated schemes at CAL due to so many spread offenses in the PAC 10. W/ a another year in camp he should be better than last year.

Im rooting for the young guys like him and Jenkins who want to overachieve over mediocre types like Misi.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: July 26, 2015 12:10PM

"then will undoubtedly get hurt"

I have my doubts about Misi as a MLB, but what, do you have a crystal ball or something?

Rick

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: July 26, 2015 12:21PM

I fear the same. He can rush the passer, but can he play the run? Even more importantly, in my opinion, can he cover TEs down the field? Can he do a creditable job on Gronk?

Rick

Date: July 27, 2015 01:13AM

the reason they kept coyle is because he was supposed to simplify the d. no more sub groupings and packages. a simplified scheme to be able to get the young guys on the field quicker.

I hope that's the case because the 2nd year guys could push misi and his cap hit off the roster.

Date: July 27, 2015 03:42AM

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.