HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          New opponents this year....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
New opponents this year....
Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: May 05, 2015 03:14PM

Week 1: Was: Improved D-line with Stephen Paea, Terrence Knighton and Jason Hatcher as well as rookies, Brandon Scherff and OLB Preston Smith

Week 2: Jax: Improved D-line with Jared Odrick, Dante Fowler Jr. Offense with AJ Cann and TJ yeldon.

Week 3: Buf: Former Dolphins Richie Incognito, Charles Clay along with Percy Harvin and Shady McCoy. Not much in the draft outside of PJ Williams and backups Nick O'leary....Karlos Williams.

Week 4: NYJ: Brandon Marshall, Devin Smith, Leonard Williams

Week 6: Ten: Marcus Mariota, Dorial Green-Beckham and David Cobb

Week 7: Hou: Jalean Strong, Bernardrick McKinney

Week 8: NE: Malcom Brown, Tre Jackson, Trey Flowers, Shaq Mason

Week 9: Buf

Week 10: Phi: DeMarco Murray, Nelson Agholor, Kiko Alonso, Eric Rowe

Week 11: Dal: Greg Hardy, Randy Gregory, Byron Jones

Week 12: NYJ

Week 13: Bal: Max Williams, Breshad Perriman, Carl Davis

Week 14: NYG: Ereck Flowers, Owamagbe Odighizuwa, Landon Collins, Shane Vereen

Week 15: SD: Melvin Gordan, Denzel Perryman, Orlando Franklin

Week 16 Ind: Frank Gore, Andre Johnson, D'Joun Smith, Phillip Dorsett, Trent Cole

Week 17: NE

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New opponents this year....
Date: May 06, 2015 02:00AM

So...some tough new assignments but the good news....

NE did not draft a CB (to replace Revis or Browner) until the 7th round OR a running back.

The Jets have Revis, Cromartie and Skrine.

The Bills have Leodis McKelvin, Stephon Gilmore and signed Ronald Darby.

Is it enough for them to cover.....

DaVante Parker, Kenny Stills, Jarvis Landry, Jordan Cameron, Greg Jennings, Lamar Miller and Jay Ajayi?

I don't think it is. We can spread them out with 5 WR, operate from a base 3 WR set, 2 TE set, power as well as the read option. If we get Collins, even better.

The Bills and the Jets have incredible D-lines and good to great secondarys but we have so many options in this offense, I don't know how you game plan to stop all of the new talent. They were all very good against us, at times, last year BUT we also split the series with each team.

Going to be another tough year in the East. We still have questions but I like our chances.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: May 06, 2015 02:41AM

We should be 6-2 at mid season with this schedule. Anything less than 5-3 Philbin should start packing. BUF will be tough but this is the year that Tanne has to show that he has what it takes to beat opponents. No defensive letdowns, no excuses.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: May 06, 2015 06:08AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We should be 6-2 at mid season with this schedule.
> Anything less than 5-3 Philbin should start
> packing. BUF will be tough but this is the year
> that Tanne has to show that he has what it takes
> to beat opponents. No defensive letdowns, no
> excuses.

I have two concerns about the first half of our schedule :

First, it took 4 weeks for RT and the wr's to get on the same page in this offense and that was with wr's he'd worked with for 2 years. What type of adjustment period will there be with 3 of his top 4 wr's, and his top te, being new to the team?

Secondly, the oline. How healthy will it be early on and how improved will it be?

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: May 06, 2015 06:46AM

Tanne is now a veteran and knows our offense, He has to provide the leadership and instructions to get the new receivers up to par. Jennings sounds like he will be a big help from what Im reading about his characters. Not a diva like whathisname.

Oline has been an issue since day 1. Tanne has to know this and get the ball out of his hands.

Date: May 06, 2015 07:48AM

Just my personal belief but....

I think we have a more "QB friendly" group of WR's this year. Tannehill has already been working with his new receivers this off season. They have even been out fishing the Atlantic together.

The WR room was said to be a mess last year. That had to have an effect on the offense.

RT was better in this offense, in the first year, than he ever was in Sherman's offense. That's partly due to the maturation process but whatever the reason, we should expect him to be even better this year. We were on track for a much better year until Albert got hurt. The line should be better.

Yes, it's a new group of WR's but they are better route runners which is more important than chemistry, IMO. To me all that entails is to know where your WR is going to be during a given route and when protection breaks down. The second part is not as important for a mobile Qb who can pull it down and run. Besides, all the receivers we added are vets with the exception of DP.

Kenny Stills is a very good route runner and catches everything. It's just speculation at this point but I think he will track the deep ball better than Wallace.

Landry also catches everything and his routes are limited to mostly underneath. He is security blanket of sorts who RT can lean on as they both know each other and the offense. He was the #1 target last year.

TE's are the QB's best friend and Cameron is known for having a huge catch radius and good leaping ability. That's not what Charles Clay's game was about. Clay was taking short passes and making yards after catch with power running. Cameron is 2 inches taller and has a 5" better vertical. He is also more of a seam threat with better speed than Clay (4.5 to 4.7). He's basically an extra split end. it may not be a huge upgrade over Clay but it is an upgrade IMO. Cameron had a 17.7 yard per catch average last year.

DaVante Parker: Unproven but maybe the most talented receiver Miami has ever drafted. He has a work ethic and attitude to match and he has the benefit to learn from.....

Greg Jennings: He may start the season as a starter but he will also be a valuable sub guy. He can play inside or out and spell any of our WR's to keep them fresh.

Add in a guy who is a more natural pass catcher out of the back field in Jay Ajayi, (who had over 500 yards rec & 32 TD's last year) who can spell Lamar Miller (or possibly win the starting job) and you have the ingredients Philbin (as well as Lazor) has been wanting all along....an up tempo offense....FINALLY.

True... the line is unknown but we do have more going for us this year. We would be better on offense even if the line is as bad as last year. I don't see that happening with two players returning to their natural positions...and we still have time to sign a vet as well as a highly regarded UDFA.

I don't ever remember having this much talent on offense AND the offense should be able to get the ball more often (thanks to defense) as well as control the clock with the extra talent at RB.

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: May 07, 2015 02:33PM

NE = Deflated Balls

Date: May 08, 2015 02:30AM

More like NE = -Brady, Blount

Personally, I want him present when we kick their asses. No excuses.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.