HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          La'El Collins News
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: La'El Collins News
Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: May 07, 2015 02:25AM

Dallas is now after him. Lots of competition there. The weak spot is LG but even he had a good year in 2014 (Ron Leary). LT is locked in. RT is solid and 31 years old so that would be for future and he is coming off injury (Doug Free). No state tax.

Don't see the attraction there and I will be livid if the rich get richer.

Carolina has former teammate Trai Turner on the line and could use help at LT. Michael Oher is penciled in there with the drafting of Daryle Williams for RT. Will be taxed.

Ian Wharton @NFLFilmStudy

I’d start La’el at OT if I were these teams:
RT- Bills, Jets, Texans, Titans, Bucs, Rams and Texans
LT- Vikings, Panthers

Out of these teams (tweet), none are as attractive and has as much upside as Miami, IMO. None have a QB as good as Tannehill.

I also do not agree with the tweet. Bills have a good young RT. Houston has one as well. Bucs just drafted 2 lineman. Rams have Todd Gurley and a need at RT. Vikings....I don't see it.

If I were Miami, I would sell him that...

1. he could get snaps at LT to start the season and in case Albert gets hurt.

2. He could compete at LG or RT.

3. No tax

4. 4 former LSU players and 2 pro Bowl lineman to play with...

5. Good running backs

6. Good QB

7. Beautiful city, warm weather

8. Will re-sign after 2 years for long term contract. We are not afraid to pay good players.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: May 07, 2015 02:39AM

Bill Pollian made the statement on NFL radio yesterday that Collins is not a tackle at the NFL level, he said he'll be a good guard but he doesn't see him as a tackle. FWIW

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: May 07, 2015 03:47AM

"Bottom line, there is no reason for him not to submit to a police polygraph.

BTW, results of polygraphs are not admissible in court if challenged by either party. The Police use them as an investigative tool."

Screw polygraphs especially when they are used by the police. I would never take one of those test again. I took one for a sales position years ago and the guy that administered the test would not accept the fact that I had never used drugs. We almost got physical. They are looking to implicate you not absolve.

Im pro police but I would not sit down for a polygraph. Same w/ giving up dna.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 07, 2015 03:58AM

would you promise to play him a OT if that is what it took to sign him? that's what they are saying he wants. I think he's overplaying his hand, his first deal will be 2 years---after 2 years he is more likely to be a dominating guard than OT at NFL level and has more chance of getting paid coming off 2 very good years at G then 2 lesser ones at OT. the word on him was he projected as a guard anyway.

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: May 07, 2015 04:46AM

Every scout you talk to has a different view of Collins and where he should play.

Mayock had him as the #1 left tackle. Most see him as EITHER a RT or G.

For Miami he is a LG or RT who can fill in if needed at LT, IMO. Remember, Branden Albert was a college guard every game but 2 when he filled in for an injured D'Brickashaw Ferguson.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: May 07, 2015 05:00AM

To answer your question berk, no I don't think I would, not saying Juwaun James couldn't move inside to guard, but his position of strength appears to be RT, not sure moving him doesn't just create another hole on the line. It would suck not getting Collins at this point, but if he was drafted it probably would of been as a guard, if he demands to be a tackle i'd let him go be one.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: May 07, 2015 06:22AM

I'm not guaranteeing him any position.

I'd tell him he's penciled in as my starting LG and the heir apparent to Albert at LT, but he has to earn all that.

If that's not good enough then, "see ya!"

He's a good, not great, player at a position of need, but he's not Anthony Munoz or Orlando pace.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 07, 2015 07:05AM

How would anybody know if a player is going to be good or great if they havent played a down in the NFL. LOL.

Nobody gave zach thomas a chance either.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 07, 2015 08:32AM

Just saw report Cowboys signed him??

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 07, 2015 08:38AM

Date: May 07, 2015 08:46AM

Date: May 07, 2015 02:14PM

And BTW, in my death penalty cases, I have depo-ed lie detector administrators, both ours (the police) and theirs (hired by private counsel). In the depositions, I have asked them about their procedure and they have crossed my police lie detector administrators about their techniques.

I have asked the old standard questions of lie detector administrators to discover what their control questions were.

One technique is to get the person to reveal something very embarrassing about themselves in the past and tell them to lie about it and measure their response. That's a control question. Then have them repeat that question during the test and compare it with their response to a target question such as were you on the corner of 54th and Broadway on the night of the shooting (where the suspect has denied being there). You measure the response to that against his response to the emotional question he was asked before. The theory being that if he reacts more to the alibi question than the past history question, he's lying. Of course, people who criticize lie detectors argue that proves nothing because the alibi question is more important to him at the time.

We in the prosecution use lie detector tests as an investigative tool.

Here, since the police cleared him without one administered by their OWN in house guy, then one of two things might be at work.

First some police departments don't have in house test administrators. This may be true in the jurisdiction here. Thus, if Collins used the same outside polygraph administrator that the police in that jurisdiction usually use, then that would explain why they accepted it. I don't know.

Secondly, other unrelated discovery or discoveries involving the crime may have, independently, showed the police that Collins was not involved.

But I know here in L.A. there are a lot of people in the polygraph business who work with criminal defense attorneys and I would not trust many of those polygraph administrators.

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.