HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          What would you do?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
What would you do?
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 19, 2015 11:59AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What would you do?
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 19, 2015 06:12PM

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: April 20, 2015 05:56AM

It depends on who has fallen to 14. There is sure to be some top talent still available. Someone like Dan Shelton, Trae Waynes, etc.

I think dropping to 27 is too much. 20 is about as low as I would want to go...

I would be more apt to trade down with my second pick to try and recoup a 3rd rounder if at all possible. It's a stretch but the value chart works out to a low 3rd for a move down of approximately 13 spots.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: April 21, 2015 06:27AM

If I'm gm and 14 rolls around without one of the top 3 WR's or Todd Gurley on the board then I'm trading down. Probably more than once. In a draft with little top shelf talent but lots of depth in rounds 2-5 I want as many picks as possible.

Dream trade down scenario is:

Drop 3 or 4 spots, add a 3rd.

Drop from there to late 1st, add a 2nd.

Drop from late first another 10 spots adding 3rd and 4th.

Trade top 10 2nd for #1 next year.

Draft this year:

No 1st, two 2nds, two 3rds, two 4ths, two 5ths, one 6th.

Date: April 21, 2015 07:03AM

Not so sure about that. Last years draft was similar but only about 3 or 4 players made much of an impact from the 2nd round. The top two players IMO were Jarvis Landry and Joel Bitonio. About one half of the players taken in round 1 made a significant impact. About 15 out of 32 players in my estimation.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: April 21, 2015 07:13AM

I agree with the Truth. If we trade down for a 3rd and only fall as far as 20 I would be please. If we were unable to make a trade, then I am in favor of drafting Todd Gurley at 14. This is because he has superstar qualities and would give us an added dimension. He would get us those critical 3rd and short first downs, wear down defenses and occasionally hit the home run. After that, every mock draft I have done or seen shows me that we had better take our guard in the second. Ali Marpet would be a consideration there. In the 4th, we should look for the best available receiver. Stephan Diggs and Chris Conley might be there. Finally, we take the best defensive players available with the 3 remaining picks.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: April 21, 2015 07:20AM

JoeFootball Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not so sure about that. Last years draft was
> similar but only about 3 or 4 players made much of
> an impact from the 2nd round. The top two players
> IMO were Jarvis Landry and Joel Bitonio. About one
> half of the players taken in round 1 made a
> significant impact. About 15 out of 32 players in
> my estimation.

Yes, but this draft is lacking in impact1st rounders.

If there's one there then I take him. If there isn't I look to fill out my roster.

Date: April 21, 2015 10:34AM

THE Truth Wrote:
> JoeFootball Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Not so sure about that. Last years draft was
> > similar but only about 3 or 4 players made much
> of
> > an impact from the 2nd round. The top two
> players
> > IMO were Jarvis Landry and Joel Bitonio. About
> one
> > half of the players taken in round 1 made a
> > significant impact. About 15 out of 32 players
> in
> > my estimation.
>
> Yes, but this draft is lacking in impact1st
> rounders.

Just curious to see the thinking here but based on what exactly?

> If there's one there then I take him. If there
> isn't I look to fill out my roster.

Last year there were 2 top ranked edge rushers (Mack and Clowney) and the 3rd being Anthony Barr who was considered boom or bust. This year there are 5 top ranked pass rushers.

Last year there was one top ranked DT and even he was a late riser who many had questions about due to size (Donald). This year the number 1 player is a DT and then you have Shelton and Brown.

There were 2 or 3 top WR's who all grade out similar to this years top talent according to many scouts. We could have as many as 6 or 7 WR's taken in the 1st round this year.

Blake Bortles was over drafted at 3 and no other top prospects. This year there are 2 clear top 7 QB's.

Last year no top RB's and none drafted in the first round. This year 2 will be drafted for sure with the possibility of 1 or 2 more.

Last year there were two top ranked LT prospects. This year not really an abundance at LT but at least 6 OL prospects who can play RT or G or C. 5 o-linemen went last year and as many as 7 or 8 could go this year.

I don't think this is all because it is a watered down version of last year. Sammy Watkins was the clear top ranked WR who according to NFL.com carried a 7.3 grade. Amari Cooper is rated as a 7.0

Move out of the first round and you bypass all these players.

Date: April 21, 2015 10:36AM

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: April 22, 2015 05:31AM

I would not draft a RB at 14.

I am liking Perriman more and more, but not sure Tannehill could get him the ball.

Also Flipper Anderson's kid is out there, I would like to see what he could do as a FA

I am not thrilled about any players out there.

Really hoping for 2nd year players to step up huge.

Date: April 22, 2015 09:39AM

I said it before. You shouldn't trade down if you have morons doing your picking.

If you have morons doing your picking, then have them select what they think is the best available in each round.

Trading for lower multiple picks and still coming out better is an art and a science at the same time,............but in any event, IS NOT A TASK TO BE LEFT TO MORONS.

Date: April 22, 2015 09:43AM

Since when did Dennis Hickey become a moron?

He successfully traded down last year in the 2nd round and got the best 2nd round receiver at the end of the round. Landry was the 12 WR taken in the draft and there are only 4 WR's taken that were better.

Date: April 22, 2015 09:54AM

Oh yeah, One pick justifies it all. Choose your side. Either the picking is bad or FAILBUM is an idiot for not playing the talent he is given...because given the pitiful state of this team I have been rooting for in my ADULTHOOD, starting in 1967, which is the worst ever, even including the 1 win season, something is wrong.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 22, 2015 10:12AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Oh yeah, One pick justifies it all. Choose your
> side. Either the picking is bad or FAILBUM is an
> idiot for not playing the talent he is
> given...because given the pitiful state of this
> team I have been rooting for in my ADULTHOOD,
> starting in 1967, which is the worst ever, even
> including the 1 win season, something is wrong.

I will give philbin another year to redeem himself from the mistakes he made last year.

If he fails again ( just for once ) with the stupid mistakes i will want him out of here just like you.

We are stuck with him for now. Why get worked over it?

Date: April 22, 2015 10:45AM

Well, if by one more year, you mean THIS year, then he's already got it and we have to live with it. That was widely regarded as the inside dope.....that he was on the hot seat for the year 2015.

But if by one more year, you mean not only this year but next year as well, I disagree.

But if you are talking about the above post, I was saying either it was Hickey doing bad picking or Failbum doing bad choosing of players that hit the field.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 22, 2015 11:12AM

Yes i mean 2015.....not 2016.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: April 22, 2015 12:42PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.