HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Sometimes you eat the Bear
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Sometimes you eat the Bear
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 15, 2015 09:58AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sometimes you eat the Bear
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: April 15, 2015 11:04AM

If you want to act like a gangster, you get treated like a gangster... Feel horrible for his child and the victims families.. If he was seemingly able to kill so easily, I seriously doubt these murder charges he caught were the only murders he was involved in...

He had everything in the world going for him and still seemingly acted like a sociopath... I really don't feel bad for him... Thou shall not kill, it is pretty simple...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2015 11:05AM by Crowder52.

Date: April 15, 2015 01:17PM

LOL. You know I don't feel sorry for him as many cases in which I have had denying people a chance to escape our gas chamber. Just marvelling about how he got a worse sentence in a more liberal state. If I had MY way, I'd execute all premeditated murderers.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: April 16, 2015 01:07AM

I too was a little surprised at the lack of his ability to apply for parole. I figured if found guilty, he'd get 25 to life and get out in 15-20. It's a pleasant surprise. I feel that we are too lenient on capitol crimes in this country. The minimum sentence for 1st degree murder should be life in prison with no parole nationwide. The only choice should be death or life in prison for people that have no regard for human life.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 16, 2015 02:37AM

I'm about the furthest thing from being a lawyer that you could be, but this case seems like a prime candidate for a reduced sentence or outright retrial on appeal.

First of all, I'm happy that they found him guilty, but I just got done reading a book written by a notorious coke dealer from the late 80's here in Chicago, he got the book thrown at him during sentencing as well (45 years I think?) by an overzealous judge, only to have it reduced later to about 20+ years, if this sentence is above and beyond what most get, Hernandez will probably be successful in getting it reduced.

Also, I was shocked that the jury deliberated for 7 or 8 days and still came back guilty on all charges, in my remedial knowledge of court cases, doesn't that length of deliberations usually mean not guilty on at least some of the charges? Queue the lone holdout jurors making the rounds on the talk show circuit in 3....2....1....."I never thought he was guilty....blah, blah, blah"...." we were under extreme pressure to convict....blah, blah, blah". Hopefully they convict him on the other drive by murders and he never see's the light of day again.

On a side note, I agree 100% with crowder that you have to feel sorry not for AH, but his family and especially his child (children?) who will never grow up with that father figure that kids need these days, the same as I feel sorry for that S.C. cop's kids and wife, (not the cop himself, I hope he gets convicted as that was totally uncalled for).

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: April 16, 2015 03:38AM

Murder 1 is mandatory life with no parole. State law. Nothing to appeal on sentence.

From what the experts were saying, he has little to no shot for appeal for the trial because the judge disallowed so much controversial evidence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2015 04:13AM by JoeFootball.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 16, 2015 03:51AM

Copy, good info Joe, thanks. I wasn't aware that was a normal sentence. Still have my doubts once the jurors start squawking though, hopefully i'm wrong.

Date: April 16, 2015 04:17AM

Date: April 16, 2015 11:11AM

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: April 16, 2015 01:05PM

Chryen, where in CA are you?

Date: April 16, 2015 01:41PM

L.A. area but specifically nearer to Pasadena and to be exact, in San Gabriel.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: April 19, 2015 01:26AM

If you were Hernandez and your buddies shot someone while you were with them, and the plan was unknown to you, then you wouldn't chill with your homies and drink some beer or whatever after the event, which as far as I heard was exactly what happened.

I'm kind of sick about how the jury acted in that press conference. They were laughing and kidding around with the press. I for one dont like how a jury can immediately come out and talk to the press. It has to many consequences for my tastes for the current trial and even trials in the future and more specifically, how the jurors of future trials behave knowing that they're going to be in the media spotlight afterward.

Date: April 19, 2015 06:29PM

My instinct would be to separate myself from them IMMEDIATELY and if they had used my gun unexpectedly, MY FIRST INSTINCT WOULD BE TO GO TO THE COPS AND SPILL MY GUTS.

But a NON-SOCIOPATH regular criminal's instinct would have had him throw the gun in the nearest river hoping it would never be recovered so no ballistic test could ever tie the murder to him even though he had no PREVIOUS idea this would happen.

But the problem with a sociopath is that he is so conceited and self-assured that the damn fool, Hernandez, had to wait until the cops were actually questioning his butt before it EVEN OCCURRED TO HIM that it was STUPID, STUPID, STUPID for him to have NOT gotten rid of the gun immediately.

Why didn't he?????? Because the stuck-up sociopathic a-hole couldn't see any reason why he should throw away a perfectly good piece of property.

Now trying to keep that piece of property is going to keep him in jail for ever and ever and ever and ever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2015 08:17PM by ChyrenB.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 20, 2015 09:55AM

SHAKE THAT BEAR!!!

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: April 21, 2015 04:24AM

“Extreme atrocity or cruelty.”

—Words from the jury in Massachusetts, describing the crime Hernandez committed.

At least six shots were fired at Odin Lloyd. Five were accounted for with certainty. One penetrated Lloyd’s back, one his right forearm, one his abdomen, one his breast. And one bullet was shot through Lloyd’s heart. MMQB

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.