HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Bowman
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Bowman
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: April 13, 2015 09:19AM

Former Giants' DB Zach Bowman has signed with Miami.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bowman
Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: April 13, 2015 02:45PM

OK player. Capable of starting and playing better than Finnegan. Opposing QB's had a 75 QB rating against Bowman and 102 vs Finnegan. It's not a fix to the problem but it looks like they are setting themselves up so Cb is not as big of a need in the top of the draft. Another veteran who can help out the young guys...probably narrows it down to OL and WR in round 1.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: April 14, 2015 01:17AM

I like the signing. Definitely an improvement at the position.

Date: April 14, 2015 02:34AM

Bowman was targeted 36 times for 13 receptions, 251 yards and 4 td's in 458 snaps. He allowed 53 yards after contact. Had 2 int's. 1 missed tackle.

Finnegan was targeted 68 times for 45 receptions, 572 yards and 2 td's in 712 snaps. He allowed 265 yards after contact. Had 0 int's. 5 missed tackles.

Looks like we have improved (on paper) with the combo of Bowman on the outside and McCain on the slot. Brice was 4th ranked in the league in coverage rating from the slot, giving up 0 td's in the slot and 1 overall. He allowed a Qb rating of 72. He had 3 int's.

Also sounds like Tannenbaum's new analytic department is having an influence on acquisitions.

Posted by: cshashaty ()
Date: April 14, 2015 06:10AM

I think the Dolphins are trying solve the CB issue by throwing numbers at it and hoping someone emerges. Call it a Plan B in the event a CB worthy of the 14th pick isn't on the board.

It's a risky plan for sure. Then again, the Brent Grimes signing was a risk that has paid off handsomely.

Date: April 14, 2015 06:48AM

"hoping"? I hope not. smiling smiley

They signed a nickle CB to replace Wilson for 3 mil guaranteed. Wilson was versatile but no great loss.

I don't think they have any intention of drafting a CB in round 1 and have known it for a while.

It seems to me they have assigned a value to Waynes, Collins, etc. and have them ranked much lower than where they pick or want to drop down to...and they aren't planning on drafting one until day 3.

It's short money for the most part. It was part of a plan that included signing Pouncey, Suh and Tannehill. We didn't have a lot of options (at Ccool smiley once that was initiated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2015 06:50AM by JoeFootball.

Date: April 14, 2015 09:04AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.