HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          The new roof
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
The new roof
Posted by: FootballGod ()
Date: March 27, 2015 03:10AM

How long does the new roof and renovations extend the life of the stadium? I'm curious because I know in the past I've heard rumblings(albeit totally unfounded and ridiculous) about the Phins being moved to LA etc etc. Anyone got a good pulse on stadium life expectations?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The new roof
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 27, 2015 03:46AM

FootballGod Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How long does the new roof and renovations extend
> the life of the stadium? I'm curious because I
> know in the past I've heard rumblings(albeit
> totally unfounded and ridiculous) about the Phins
> being moved to LA etc etc. Anyone got a good pulse
> on stadium life expectations?

Part of the new stadium deal guarantees the Dolphins in Miami at least 25 years I believe.. Coincidentally Ross said recently that the new upgrades extend the life of the stadium around 25 years...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: cshashaty ()
Date: March 27, 2015 08:20AM

It's an interesting question. Sexy comes and goes when you have billionaire owners all trying to outdo each other. Suddenly "good enough" isn't any more. Does that take 5, 10, 15 years? 20?

Given the growth of the NFL, who knows! The Georgia Dome is only 20 years old and the Falcons are moving on to a new building in two years. The Dolphins stadium is older than that but the team has chosen to continue to upgrade it.

Posted by: FootballGod ()
Date: March 28, 2015 03:35AM

I personally love the idea of Miami playing in a storied respected stadium over the next 50 years. I've never been a fan of teams moving to these new stadiums all the time and putting the bill on the taxpayers. Don't get me wrong, I understand that the NFL is growing, and that the needs of the team in regards to facilities for the team and its fans will always be the determining factor. However, I've always loved the idea of Miami playing in a stadium comparable in its history to something like what Green Bay has, or the old 49ers stadium.

Personally, I hope they keep improving the stadium for years to come.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.