HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Greg Jennings
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Greg Jennings
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 14, 2015 11:42AM

Got cut today. Anything left in tank? Philbin knows him from gb though offense different now. Worth signing him? We need a vet receiver for sure.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Greg Jennings
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: March 14, 2015 11:57AM

May be Seattle bound with Schneider whom I believe drafted him

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: March 14, 2015 03:16PM

These aged WR's are usually all the same.....Jennings is done. Maybe a mentor for a team with young WR's. 4th option. Nothing to see here. Hasn't had a 1k season since 2010...and usually wants too much $$$$.

Posted by: Doctor Feelgood ()
Date: March 14, 2015 03:21PM

> Maybe a mentor for a team with young WR's.

Like Landry, Matthews, Stills and Hazel?

Date: March 14, 2015 03:25PM

Bingo. I think he could serve a role. Obviously not as a number 1 wr or anything close to what you'd pay one. But 2 years 6 mm I'd do it

Date: March 14, 2015 03:31PM

> Bingo. I think he could serve a role. Obviously not as a number 1 wr
> or anything close to what you'd pay one. But 2 years 6 mm I'd do it

I could actually see Jennings starting here, along with Landry and Stills in a 3WR set (which Lazor seems to like). He might still be the 3rd option on most plays, but if he gives you at least what Hartline and Gibson gave you, that's a win just from a salary cap perspective.

Date: March 14, 2015 03:39PM

You think Landry needs a mentor? He is one kid who gets it. Cameron has already been in the Pro Bowl. Clay is a vet on the cusp of being a PB player. It's not happening. Waste of resources. You don't sign a guy looking for 3-4 mil a year to mentor guys on the developmental/practice squad. Not even for 1 mil.

Now....Wallace could have used a mentor but not at 10 mil a year in Minnesota. Any team that signs him will be a team desperate at receiver. That's not Miami.

If we were hard up at WR and draft DGB...maybe that makes some sense but not for the money needed.

Date: March 14, 2015 04:27PM

Not just as a mentor. I think he's good for 700 yards as a no 2 or 3 wr. Similar to his stats last year. Makes sense if the money is reasonable

Date: March 14, 2015 06:26PM

> You don't sign a guy looking for 3-4 mil a year to mentor guys on the developmental/practice squad

Not sure Jennings will actually get that much, but nonetheless, I'd say that you sign him IF you think he can give you approximately what Hartline + Gibson gave you last year, along with mentoring the young players. The young players, BTW, include more than just Landry... perhaps you missed the fact that Stills, Landry, Matthews and Hazel are ALL fairly young, with (god forbid) Rishard Matthews being the experienced, savvy vet out of the group. Yeah, I think that crew could benefit from some exposure to a proven vet like Jennings.

Date: April 07, 2015 04:16AM

Jennings is visiting today.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 07, 2015 05:10AM

If we're adding a veteran receiver, I want Jennings, think he'd be a good influence on the young guys and probably wont cost as much as Crabtree.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: April 07, 2015 05:43AM

The problem with bringing in a guy that might replace the production we got from Hartline and Gibson last season, is that that production was not enough.

We need more.

Date: April 07, 2015 05:55AM

I am leaning that way as well but how much is a 750/5 td receiver worth? and if we find a starting SE in the draft, what then? I imagine they are just kicking the tires and will not sign before the draft.

If we land Parker then obviously there is less need to spend. We could theoretically find a guy like Agholor in the second who could probably start as well. He could also take over the return spot from Landry.

Date: April 07, 2015 06:02AM

Ken Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The problem with bringing in a guy that might
> replace the production we got from Hartline and
> Gibson last season, is that that production was
> not enough.
>
> We need more.

That is true and I would add in Mathews production as a need as well. All three combined had 904 and 5 td's. We need more than that.

I think we need a guy who can come in a be the number 1. That's usually what the Split End is considered (although there are exceptions). I don't see Stills as a #1 although he is more than capable of 1000/9 td's with a 17 yard average. We need that guy who can move the sticks, offer a huge catch radius, provide big plays as well as be a red zone threat. That's not asking too much is it? LOL

Date: April 07, 2015 06:31AM

Another thought I had regarding having Jennings as a mentor....How much help was he to flop Cordarrelle Patterson? Just a thought. CP could have other issues.

I could also see the FO signing Jennings to an incentive deal and drafting a WR in round 4. Chris Conley from GA is a VERY intriguing prospect. size, elite speed, etc. Jennings could serve as mentor and he could take a shot this or next year as starting SE.

Would allow us to focus on OG and CB in the first two rounds.

Date: April 10, 2015 10:05AM

Jason Cole ?@JasonPhilCole 24m24 minutes ago

Don't expect many #NFL FAs (Crabtree, etc.) to be signed until May 12. After that date, no longer count in compensatory pick equation

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.