HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Thank God we have Tanne..if we had to take Winston
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Thank God we have Tanne..if we had to take Winston
Posted by: ncfishfan ()
Date: February 20, 2015 10:46AM

it would set us back years. This guy is slow and not that athletic...his release is slow and he is a head case. he will be a bust...he is some where in between Jamarcus Russell and Byron Leftwich

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thank God we have Tanne..if we had to take Winston
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 20, 2015 11:13AM

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: February 20, 2015 11:45AM

I think he'll be pretty good. I wouldn't want to have to take him first overall but with the rookie wage scale and the cap set to skyrocket in a couple years the Bucs will be able to move on without too much damage if he flames out.

All in all it is a poor QB class this year.

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: February 20, 2015 11:54AM

After seeing his interview, I think he is a cocky immature punk. He'll never make it in the NFL as a QB without the mental makeup. If I'm Lovie Smith, Mariota is my guy.

He is somewhere between Vince Young and Cam Newton psychologically. He'll either learn like Cam did or flame out after the first sign of adversity.

I'd take him off by board for the first two rounds.

JMO.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: February 20, 2015 12:07PM

Not me. I'd take the best offer and move down and ride it out with mike glennon next year.

to me neither of those qbs are worth the 1st overall pick.

no on is forcing them to take a QB. I'd wait and take Hundley in the 2nd or 3rd and if he's not there wait until next year.

Their oline is horrible. Take an LT 1st if you can't trade out. No need to reach for a QB. They're going to suck anyway.

Date: February 20, 2015 02:32PM

I'd trade with Cleveland and get two blue chippers this year, a second and a first next year.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: February 20, 2015 06:00PM

Winston is Vince Young II. Hundley is better

Date: February 21, 2015 03:42AM

The problem with a kid who is that arrogant is that he thinks he already knows best and is not very coachable.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: February 21, 2015 03:58AM

I heard the replay of the Sirius intv with Winston this morning Joe, wow did he come across cocky to me. So glad he's not in our cross-hairs or discussion even for that matter.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: February 21, 2015 06:18AM

He was notorious for starting slow and out of sync in a lot of games this past season.. That is much more difficult to get away with in the NFL.. If teams know you have to throw to catch up, it gives the defense a huge advantage.. With NFL pass rushers and secondary, it surely isnt so easy to be a good Qb if you consistently start slow..

Next, he makes poor decisions with the ball a lot... 17 interceptions in 12 regular season games in college, doesn't give you a lot of confidence.. .. He is a pro style QB and can make the throws, but, I am thrilled we don't have to get near this kid... Too many bad decisions surround this guy on and off the field..

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: February 21, 2015 06:27AM

press accounts of his interview were positive

Date: February 21, 2015 07:04AM

Someone said...If you liked him before, you really like him now and if you didn't like him you like him less.

Mooch said he was the astute x's and o's guy" he has ever put on the board. That's a pretty good compliment.

Date: February 21, 2015 08:44AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> press accounts of his interview were positive

Confidence is good, cockiness is bad... To me he sounded like Rex Ryan saying he guaranteed a Super Bowl more then a confident Russell Wilson... But as Joe said, it is all in the eye of the beholder... Also a 4.97 40 after he lost 15 pounds to run better isn't much of a confidence booster in his speed... By comparison Tannehill ran a 4.6 and he isnt a speed demon on the field by any account..
It will be hard either way for a Qb starved team to pass him up... I am just glad we aren't that team who has to risk a top 3 pick on a hit or miss guys.. He has the skills but his inconsistency, interceptions and off the field questions are defintely red flags... Tough call for those teams with the first few picks...

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: February 21, 2015 10:49AM

I watched the interview I did not see cockiness or arrogance. He controlled the interview, I liked that he spoke w/ confidence, the guy is not dumb. The issue is do I trust him? Im not sure that I do. The talent is there he reminds me of Ben Rothesburger.

Date: February 21, 2015 01:48PM

A guy with 17 interceptions his final season, in the Superbowl next year and competing with Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in the Super bowl as not cocky? Sorry that is BS and foolish, that is not confidence, that is ignorance IMO... Did Andrew Lucks the best prospect since Peyton Manning speak anything like that, of course not... You know why? He was confident, not trying to overcompensate with big words, he surely can't back up... A lot like Rex Ryan 2 years ago, guaranteeing a Super bowl appearance... That is the definition of cockiness or foolishness, take a pick... Talking big words you can't back up...

Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2015 01:50PM by Crowder52.

Date: February 22, 2015 05:19AM

WtF ever the future will judge this guy. If he backs up his words so be it. If he fails he still has probably accomplished more in life that the losers who like to talk about him

Date: February 22, 2015 06:17AM

"Everyone said I was fat. I look good and I know it."

Stands on table and shouts vulgar obscenities at college girls.

Blatantly steals food from grocery store like he owns it.

No. He's not cocky or entitled. He's an upstanding, confident leader.

winking smiley

and let's not forget the sexual assault incident.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2015 08:06AM by JoeFootball.

Date: February 22, 2015 09:21AM

"Everyone said I was fat. I look good and I know it."

So what? You sound petty and moist by pointing this out. Over the weekend Zach Matzenburger (who had a sexual assault charge in college) stated that he would have no problem beating out Winston or Mariota(sp?)
did that upset you.

As I said before Im not sure if I trust the guy. I also stand by I saw nothing wrong with the interview. IMHO he should have gone back to school 1 more year. The supermarket incident still resonates as well the table incident.

Reading more about the assault I don't think either party was clean. The young lady imo had an agenda.

I do like his talent he is not Johnny football who had both talent and character issues. The talent is there.

Date: February 22, 2015 10:15AM

Petty and moist? LOL. If anyone is moist over Winston it sounds like you.

You probably shouldn't be talking about pettiness as you troll around on here insulting people and name calling. It's a chat board. Lighten up.

Date: February 22, 2015 10:28AM

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: February 22, 2015 02:47PM

Cocky isn't bad as long as he backs it up with quality play. I would shy away from his off the field issues just a bit however.

Then there is the Heisman curse...for both of them. Not saying that is, or should be a factor but...

Date: February 22, 2015 05:27PM

I hear ya, Ken. I just believe that the future will be the future. Yes, there can be warning signs but cockiness should really not be one. I'd worry more about the allegations of sexual misconduct.

Date: February 23, 2015 03:56AM

Cockiness and arrogance in itself is not a big issue but when you combine it with a guy who has, by his past actions, shown a sense of entitlement and a sense that the rules (laws) do not apply to him....it's a huge red flag.

Date: February 23, 2015 06:15PM

Hey, I saw the Steve Mariucchi interview last night.

Cocky? No, I saw confidence.

If THAT interview showed his cockiness, then Johnny Manziel was in the stratosphere when it comes to cockiness.

What I saw was CONFIDENCE. Confidence that he thought he knew both the NFL and college passing schemes and passing DEFENSE schemes.

Jeez.....from the way you guys talked, I thought he would be rubbing his fingers against his thumbs in the "PAY ME BIG BUCKS" manner that Johnny Manziel did.

Like I said, maybe the guy has off field issues with the date rape thing and the dumb thing about the brazen shoplifting episode but when you talk about football cockiness, that's not what I saw in that interview.

There was also a segment in which he and Mariota talked to each other and they were both rather respectful of each other.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.