HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Wallace may not return
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Wallace may not return
Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: December 28, 2014 04:48PM

Jeff Darlington ?@JeffDarlington 2h2 hours ago

Many Dolphins teammates were very displeased with Wallace’s actions today. Several tell me they felt like he abandoned them when needed.
0 replies 33 retweets 8 favorites
Jeff Darlington ?@JeffDarlington 2h2 hours ago

After Clay scored with 2:49 left in 1st half, Mike Wallace came off the field and told Joe Philbin he no longer wanted to play in the game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2015 11:51AM by JoeFootball.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wallace a waste
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: December 29, 2014 02:42AM

Think we can get a mid round pick for him? I read something that trading him was the best way to go as far as a cap hit goes. Looks like Hartline and/or Gibson might stick around after all.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: December 29, 2014 03:10AM

They've got to get rid of him. What a true waste of talent--and waste of picks from our former gm.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: December 29, 2014 03:32AM

toko34 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They've got to get rid of him. What a true waste
> of talent--and waste of picks from our former gm.

Factually speaking, he didn't cost any picks, he was a FA signing. At this point it'd be awesome to get a 4th or 5th rnd pick for him, but more realistically a 6th or 7th.

Date: December 29, 2014 04:04AM

I'd be happy with no compensation just to get someone to take him off our hands.

Highest paid PLAYER on the entire team and he refuses to play. Cap hit or not, Philbin will not tolerate this behavior. If you are not a team guy, you are gone.

17.25 MILLION DOLLARS this year!!!!! Thank you Jeff Ireland. You complete moron! That is more than most top QB's make.

12.1 mil cap hit in 2015. 30 mil guaranteed.

We take a 9.6 mil dead cap hit if we release him. Post June 1st designation and we can spread that over two years. It would also save us 2.5 in cap space.

Ross may just need to pony up and forgive Ireland's fiasco. This is a nightmare contract signing.

If I had a player quit on me given the contract situation, I would probably just work his ass off, stick him on special teams, make him so miserable until he snaps and we can suspend him for conduct detrimental. Not pay.

I don't really understand the salary cap ramifications of a trade. I always thought the new team would assume the remaining contract but I have heard that is not the case. I heard that Miami would be on the hook with the cap hit. Anyone have an idea on this? Are we just responsible for signing bonus?

As of right now, we have paid 20.5 mil towards the 30 mil guaranteed.

Trade his ass to Cleveland or Jax!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 29, 2014 12:12PM

What a piece of crap.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 29, 2014 01:20PM

So does this remind anyone of Brandon Marshall?

Date: December 29, 2014 07:59PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> So does this remind anyone of Brandon Marshall?

Unfortunately, a little bit yeah. Only Wallace didn't drop quite as many. But he matched his highest season TD total of his career this year; and could have exceeded it. What a jerk (if true...still giving him the benefit of the doubt if this isn't confirmed)

Date: December 29, 2014 08:34PM

I only meant in terms of the attitude. Perhaps even worse.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 30, 2014 03:41AM

I think wallace is as good as gone. I heard something on tv that he was talking trash about tannehill.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 30, 2014 06:52AM

Wallace is a great WR, but he's also a team cancer. angry smiley

Date: December 30, 2014 07:52AM

Too bad SF and AZ are so cap strapped. It would make a good trade.

How about Cleveland??? SD??? Seattle???

Maybe we could get a 2nd and a conditional pick for him.

It would be nice to replace him with someone who fights for the ball and could be a red zone target.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: December 30, 2014 08:15AM

I dont think Wallace is a team cancer or a bad WR to have on the team... I hope he stays, he can make receptions and TD's against top talent covering him.... Not sure we have anyone else that can do that... If you put the #1 CB on Landry, I am pretty sure he will not continue to flourish as he did this year...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2014 08:16AM by Crowder52.

Date: December 30, 2014 08:25AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> I dont think Wallace is a team cancer or a bad WR
> to have on the team... I hope he stays, he can
> make receptions and TD's against top talent
> covering him.... Not sure we have anyone else that
> can do that... If you put the #1 CB on Landry, I
> am pretty sure he will not continue to flourish as
> he did this year...

It doesn't matter too much what their ability is if they take themselves out of the game for no reason.

We need talented guys with good attitudes who actually want to play.

Date: December 30, 2014 08:26AM

Landry is a slot receiver. He's on his way to becoming the best in the league and is already in the top 5. I would not count on him as a #1 outside receiver. He has the 2nd best catch % of anyone in the league with over 100 targets at 81%. Only 2 drops. He will be a 1000 yard/10 TD slot receiver next year.

I could go either way with Wallace. We need a deep threat AND his contract doesn't leave us much room for change anyway.

Date: December 30, 2014 08:28AM

Sounds to me like he threw a hissy fit and refused to go in for a play and Philbin did the right thing and benched his ass. No whe is saying he didn't quit but was benched....come one. He quit and then got benched. Sort of like quitting after you get fired.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 30, 2014 09:01AM

I really think, in Lazor's system, we'd could have a solid WR corp with Landry, Hartline, Gibson, and Matthews. We didn't use Wallace's speed much this year primarily because it's not part of Lazor's offensive scheme.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: December 30, 2014 09:08AM

Anyone on the team complaining about Wallace needs to look in the mirror first. It looked like the OL and the defense quit.

I would keep Wallace.

Date: December 30, 2014 09:09AM

Supposed one play before he was benched, on the dump off play to Damian Williams, who ran on Wallaces side, and Wallace didn't do much to help block as three players were converging on Williams. He got the first down and once Wallace saw he had the first down, he kind of bailed out of the play... While Landry came from the other side of the field to help Williams against the 3 blockers... Philbin didn't like Wallace bailing out on the play and not following it through to the end and help Williams.. Wallace thought he did his job enough because Williams got the first down... At least that is what was reported by several different media guys on twitter... I see both sides of it... Was Wallace wrong yes, but was he also right, yes... Phil bin only saw it one way while Wallace saw it another... I think Philbin overreacted IMO...

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: December 30, 2014 09:09AM

montequi Wrote:
> I really think, in Lazor's system, we'd could have
> a solid WR corp with Landry, Hartline, Gibson, and
> Matthews. We didn't use Wallace's speed much this
> year primarily because it's not part of Lazor's
> offensive scheme.

According to Lazor, it is in his scheme. This is just a WCO. There are deep routes on a large % of the plays. For whatever reason, they either did not let RT throw them or he chose not to. We still need this to take it to the next level IMO. I would prefer a guy who actually fights for contested balls as opposed to expecting them to fall perfectly into his hands.

Date: December 30, 2014 09:11AM

dolphin Wrote:
> Anyone on the team complaining about Wallace needs
> to look in the mirror first. It looked like the OL
> and the defense quit.
>
> I would keep Wallace.

No doubt the defense should have been benched before Wallace... Philbin made an example out of Wallace because of his stature with the team.. When he was far from the biggest issue on sunday... Philbin isn't very good at leading guys... He over reacts and likes to make examples out of big name guys... Same stuff he did to Reggie Bush... Philbin isn't much of a leader IMO...

Nietzsche

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 30, 2014 10:18AM

I trully hope they let wallace go. Release him. He is a quitter.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: December 30, 2014 10:28AM

montequi Wrote:
> I really think, in Lazor's system, we'd could have
> a solid WR corp with Landry, Hartline, Gibson, and
> Matthews. We didn't use Wallace's speed much this
> year primarily because it's not part of Lazor's
> offensive scheme.

I think Matthews is gone.

Its too bad, because I think he can play. But he was in the coaches doghouse going into last offseason and he was benched and deactivated for the last two games this year due to some breach of team rules.

I think Hartline is grossly overpaid.

Gibson should be cut, but if we are getting rid of wallace then he probably stays.

Overall, I'd find a way to make it work with Wallace. His presence on the field allows us to dictate to defenses schematically. We don't have another WR that does that.

I heard Mike Westhoff (our former ST coach) talking on the radio yesterday about his conversation with Rex Ryan after the game. He basically said that they only talked about the game (not whether he'd get fired or not) and Mike made it clear that Rex was shocked that we benched Wallace and that we did him a "huge favor" in doing so. It allowed them to attack us defensively in the second half.

Its no coincidence that we had almost zero output offensively in the second half, or that Tannehill got hammered on nearly every play once Wallace was out of the game.

If its my decision, I keep Wallace for at least one more season, unless someone makes an insane trade offer.

Date: December 30, 2014 10:37AM

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: December 31, 2014 10:45AM

JoeFootball Wrote:
> Too bad SF and AZ are so cap strapped. It would
> make a good trade.
>
> How about Cleveland??? SD??? Seattle???
>
> Maybe we could get a 2nd and a conditional pick
> for him.
>
> It would be nice to replace him with someone who
> fights for the ball and could be a red zone
> target.

Joe, you and others on this board are probably more cap knowledgeable than I, but wouldn't Wallace's price tag be too high for another team to pick up?

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 31, 2014 11:08AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> I dont think Wallace is a team cancer or a bad WR
> to have on the team... I hope he stays, he can
> make receptions and TD's against top talent
> covering him.... Not sure we have anyone else that
> can do that... If you put the #1 CB on Landry, I
> am pretty sure he will not continue to flourish as
> he did this year...

Yep. We're so overloaded with TD makers and tackle breakers we can just fock off a player like Wallace -- who was obviously protesting the immense ineptitude of our HC.

Phlimflam is a sham. It makes too much sense to get ride of HIM and try to keep legit players. I mean. Look at the track record. Is the problem "Wallace," or really elsewhere. Like first and foremost. The clown who owns the mess?

That said. It makes entirely too much sense to bring in Rex Ryan as HC to work his magic with the D and promote Lazor (for Thill continuity / stability) as Assistant HC - OC.

I mean -- with a pair of minds like that and Phlimflam OUT OF THE WAY -- ya think the Dolphins might play some legit football????????????????

Never gonna happen because Ross is an absolute subversive as a "MIAMI" Dolphins owner. He's more devoted to NY and of course -- Mechigan!

Good post Chowder.

BNF.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2014 11:09AM by BigNastyFish.

Date: December 31, 2014 11:18AM

Yeah, I had forgotten about Reggie Bush.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: December 31, 2014 01:10PM

Wallace would be a great add in Seattle where they have a QB that can take advantage of player strengths. We need to take a top WR as we aren't getting one via FA

Date: December 31, 2014 02:39PM

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: December 31, 2014 03:33PM

You mean that team that changes parts every year and still wins 11-12 a year?

Pages: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.