HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Harvin
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Harvin
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 15, 2009 07:06PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Harvin
Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: April 15, 2009 07:11PM

Parcells doesn't like problem children. It won't happen. In addition to the drug test, you now have his history coming out about his past disciplinary problems. And then throw in that Florida receivers have a terrible track record of transitioning to the NFL. It just won't happen.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 15, 2009 07:12PM

the drug test is not true, i thought. I think parcells will be more impressed by the fact he played hurt in the nat'l champ game and still played great, when some thought he'd never play

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: April 15, 2009 07:25PM

Neither Harvin nor his agent have denied the drug test. And there were reports today that the drug test was confirmed. Failing a drug test at the combine is just plain being stupid.

He was suspended from high school athletics for numerous problems.

And don't underestimate the Florida WR thing. In that offense, these guys don't run NFL routes. They do not have a good track record of success at the next level.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: April 16, 2009 02:56AM

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: April 16, 2009 06:14AM

If persy is around he is almost a no brainer. I have him as my #2 reciever after crabtree. Think about it, what position of need can we draft in the first round that we cant get later? let go through it.

CB- not a guy really worth this pick. This years class is relatively weak.

OLB- Just speed guys and you can find them anywhere (this class is deep)

ILB- typically dont go late first, either they are outstanding and go in the top 15 or they are just good and go second on down

NT- Can find someone in the second on down

WR- Persy

QB- dont need for first round

TE- dont need to use a first rounder on

OT- we are good

G/C- maybe but we can get great quaility in second and third

K/p- uuhhh hell no

What did I miss? Now you tell me who we could get in the first that we cant find the same quality later, answer- only harvin, this is what you get when you combine boldins strength with r. bush quickness and speed. I would argue that NO receiver in the NFL has this combination to the extent that he has it. Honestly I would trade down if harvin is not available since we dont need a low end first round pick for our needs.

Date: April 16, 2009 12:13PM

thank you that 25th pick will go to boldin in a trade, finaly somone sees what i saw, the fact we can get a mid aged seasoned tru number one wr who proved he is tuff, and wants to play here not to mention the fact we need a wr like him to help train our other wr's teach them the ropes on how he does it. good god people wake up!!

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: April 16, 2009 07:26PM

Besides Harvin there were 24 others positive....were there any other big names that came up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.