Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          "We're building something great here," Ross said in the locker room. "I believe in this team. I believe in the coach."
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
"We're building something great here," Ross said in the locker room. "I believe in this team. I believe in the coach."
Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: December 22, 2014 05:02AM

Yup that sums up our owner...no balls Ross.

8-8 next year...mark the thread

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "We're building something great here," Ross said in the locker room. "I believe in this team. I believe in the coach."
Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 22, 2014 05:45AM

He's totally clueless and despite all his money a dumb shit.

The ONLY reason Ross is keeping Phlimflam is because he hired him, and he can't deal with the fact his decision was and is a failure.

Typical titanic ego -- incapable of being wrong and incapable of recognizing when its better to get out and leave the work for those who actually know what they are doing.

Honestly, it's unimaginable how anyone at a casual fan level football IQ or higher cannot plainly see Phlimnflam is NOT a legit HC. He NEVER was!

Nice guy. Blah blah. But a ZERO NFL HC. He loses more games (based on his interaction and game day blunders) than he wins. So his NET IMPACT is actually negative to the bottom line!

Like I said, Ross is an absolute idiot if he cannot conclude that on his own and make adjustments accordingly...

Re: "We're building something great here," Ross said in the locker room. "I believe in this team. I believe in the coach."
Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 23, 2014 05:05AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yup that sums up our owner...no balls Ross.
>
> 8-8 next year...mark the thread

OK, we'll mark it and put it up right next to the one where you said you wanted the Pats to go undefeated.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 23, 2014 05:47AM

"Building something great here." Building a championship football team isn't like buying land and building an edifice that will last for centuries. I'm sure something was said like this by the Egyptian architect IMHOTEP when he was working on the pyramids. It works in that scenario....

A football team is like jello. There are too many variables that are at work changing the teams make up. Football players are fungible. They don't usually last long, even the great ones may only be great for a couple of years. Laying one great block at a time and then another the following year doesn't create a team. It must be done quickly. Players come and go. What is critical IMO is to gain as much as possible in a couple of years and then try to fortify those positions with similar players that can step up as subs. Bench strength. Got to have it.

The Dolphins need to upgrade at LB and D-line. We must stop the other teams from outscoring us. The building must be in place soon...very soon.

I'm not a Philbin fan. Don't care for his coaching prowess and lack of energy. If Ross thinks he's got what it takes...good for him. But, this coach will never get the Dolphins close to getting into the SB.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: December 23, 2014 06:27AM

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: December 23, 2014 06:32AM

colonel Wrote:
> "Building something great here." Building a
> championship football team isn't like buying land
> and building an edifice that will last for
> centuries. I'm sure something was said like this
> by the Egyptian architect IMHOTEP when he was
> working on the pyramids. It works in that
> scenario....
>
> A football team is like jello. There are too many
> variables that are at work changing the teams make
> up. Football players are fungible. They don't
> usually last long, even the great ones may only be
> great for a couple of years. Laying one great
> block at a time and then another the following
> year doesn't create a team. It must be done
> quickly. Players come and go. What is critical
> IMO is to gain as much as possible in a couple of
> years and then try to fortify those positions with
> similar players that can step up as subs. Bench
> strength. Got to have it.
>
> The Dolphins need to upgrade at LB and D-line. We
> must stop the other teams from outscoring us. The
> building must be in place soon...very soon.
>
> I'm not a Philbin fan. Don't care for his
> coaching prowess and lack of energy. If Ross
> thinks he's got what it takes...good for him.
> But, this coach will never get the Dolphins close
> to getting into the SB.

Bingo! well said.

Date: December 23, 2014 08:12AM

colonel Wrote:
> the Egyptian architect IMHOTEP when he was
> working on the pyramids.

Dang, I learn more here than I did in my non-world-history-having curriculum within the south florida public school system.

I never knew the pyramids were credited to a known architect...and that name? I was thinking that was an abbreviation for a Greek architect called "In My Humble Opinion Tau Epsilon Phi"

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 23, 2014 08:21AM

That's crap! Bob Marley built the pyramids with an assist by Kukulkan (pronounced "ko-kol-kan"winking smiley. Here's proof!

tourists think kukulkan is a stone serpent on the side of a pyramid
with a solar ribbon down its back but kukulkan was a tall
blue-eyed caucasian with white hair
a large forehead and atlantinian mind
kukulkan taught the mayans astronomy
and gave them their popular new age calendar
kukulkan was the project manager for the great pyramid of giza
bob marley was associate engineer before “rasta” was interpreted
from kukulkan’s early designs bob sung about “3 little birds”
in the same tree kukulkan arranged pyramids
around the world birds sang
in the first morning a boy was born as a snake
he grew into a plumed serpent and then Rastafarian
marley’s lovers cared for him in a cave
kukulkan introduced Bob to genetically modified gonja
pyramidal lyrics filled marley’s songs for example one love
could you be loved no woman no cry love was
an atlantinian cornerstone pyramids were designed
to slowly crumble in three hundred thousand years
civilizations come and go
lovers climb up and down

True Story!

BNF.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 23, 2014 08:37AM

JC Wrote:
> dolfan1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yup that sums up our owner...no balls Ross.
> >
> > 8-8 next year...mark the thread
>
>
> OK, we'll mark it and put it up right next to the
> one where you said you wanted the Pats to go
> undefeated.

Hold back, JC. I accused him of wearing lipstick once or twice (figuratively speaking) but I never saw him in full drag walking down Santa Monica Boulevard swaying a purse as you are now saying he did.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: December 23, 2014 12:28PM

Injuries really had a drastic impact on this team this year, more so then the last few years... Had we stayed healthy we would have been in the hunt in the AFC... You can question the FAs' Hickey signed and the roster he was given from Ireland... But facts remain had we stayed healthy at RB, Oline, and secondary, our only real issue with the team were LB and DT before injuries... We were a very different team week 1 vs the Pats then a couple weeks ago...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: December 23, 2014 01:34PM

Restricting the analysis only to the players themselves, Crowder, no one can disagree with you.

But there is also consideration of those timeouts and when to relieve the pressure of the pass rush in certain games.......

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 23, 2014 11:33PM

But barring our injuries whould those items have even been an issue? Who knows.

Sure our coaches made blunders but then so did our players. Which blunders were more costly to our season in the end? Again, who knows.

I'd like to think that with very limited injuries, the team we started the season with makes the playoffs. This, despite all of the blunders made. We simply had too many injuries to players we could not adequitely replace to pound out the dents in our very tough schedule.

Another quality off season by Hickey adding playmakers, F/A's and quality depth and I think we get there...especially if we can upgrade Coyle.

Posted by: Doctor Feelgood ()
Date: December 24, 2014 01:30AM

Is Philbin a great coach? Nah, probably not. But this team needs more good players more than it needs a better coach. Seriously, we're something like 3 plays away from being 11-4 right now. Better players at LB and in the secondary would probably have gotten us there.

This offseason we need to upgrade at LB, DB and OL, and maybe add depth at DL and RB. If we can pull that off, I think Philbin can get this team to the playoffs. Whether or not he can win a SB is, of course, an open question.

Anyway, I think Hickey and his personnel moves will have more impact on what happens next year than pretty much anything else.

Date: December 24, 2014 03:47AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> JC Wrote:
> -----
> > dolfan1 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Yup that sums up our owner...no balls Ross.
> > >
> > > 8-8 next year...mark the thread
> >
> >
> > OK, we'll mark it and put it up right next to
> the
> > one where you said you wanted the Pats to go
> > undefeated.
>
>
> Hold back, JC. I accused him of wearing lipstick
> once or twice (figuratively speaking) but I never
> saw him in full drag walking down Santa Monica
> Boulevard swaying a purse as you are now saying he
> did.

Ummm..what? Easy on the egg nog Chyren!

All I did was paraphrase one of his posts from many years ago. Not making any lifestyle judgements or accusations. The guy is a dolphins fan....an atypical, frustrated, pessimistic dolphins fan, but a dolphins fan nonetheless.

Date: December 24, 2014 09:48AM

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 24, 2014 10:04AM

Posted by: thegreathoo ()
Date: December 24, 2014 10:07AM

I agree with Ross 100%.

Date: December 24, 2014 11:13AM

Posted by: thegreathoo ()
Date: December 24, 2014 12:18PM

no, no

Ross is 100% correct. Philbin is the man!
In the offseason, Ross needs to extend him for minimum 5 years. We keep rolling.

Date: December 25, 2014 04:43AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
>
> Since you are just drawing a conclusion without
> actually knowing, then I disagree. I think he's a
> Pats' fan that has nothing better to do then post
> on the chatboard of a rival team. We're all
> allowed to our opinions and suspicions though so
> who knows?

Feel free to disagree, but I'm right spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.