HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          How Much Better are the Dolphins compared to Vikings
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
How Much Better are the Dolphins compared to Vikings
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 15, 2014 08:43AM

Vikings are 6-8 and Teddy Bridgewater (R) is there QB. I haven't seen them play much so I don't know much about their team (of late).

With our rag-tag walking wounded, do we have enough offensive firepower available to out score the mediocre Vikings?

The beating by the Patriots is yesterday's embarrassment. Putting aside all of our disappointment for a moment, can we out play, out coach Zimmer and Spielman's troupe of players? What do you think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How Much Better are the Dolphins compared to Vikings
Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: December 15, 2014 08:50AM

I would not even compare the Phins against the Vikes. If we lose against the Vikes who don't have their best offensive player and a rookie qb then its more get rid of Philbin postings.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 15, 2014 09:25AM

odds are we want it less and they win going away...

Posted by: KB ()
Date: December 15, 2014 10:19AM

At this point i wouldn't say we're any better...if it weren't Bridgewater we'll be facing I'd say we were the lesser team. Between the injuries, the TOTAL defensive COLLAPSE over the last few games and the regression in our red zone offense over the same period...i really don't see how we think we're 'better'

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: December 15, 2014 12:45PM

For the next two games, Miami's record is better, but that's about it.

Minny is playing pretty good ball, right now. That doesn't mean they have a great team, but they are not bottom dwellers, either.

Miami and the Jets always battle it out. No matter the records, it's always a toss up. Remember this...Miami beat the Jets in the last meeting. Geno is playing better.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 15, 2014 02:20PM

I'm worried that Philbin and the boys are looking past Minny at the jest game and, will take the Vikings too lightly.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 15, 2014 09:05PM

I think we'll win both games.

We do so much better when the pressure's off. Under Satan, didn't we reel off like 6 wins in a row to close the season when we had lost so much early in the season that we never really had a chance at the playoffs. Heck, even in 2008 it took a late-season run through some of the worst teams in the league to get us to 11-5 even after NE gift-wrapped the division when Brady went down.

The last 2 games of last year and the last 2 games we played this year have told me what I need to know about Philbin. We should have won last year's games and we should have AT LEAST competed in this year's.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: December 16, 2014 02:27AM

Isn't this question kinda like asking "who's the tallest midget"..........

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 16, 2014 02:57AM

Season records aside - right now it looks like the Vikes are playing better football then the Dolphins. It's anybody's game vs. either of them IMO.

Date: December 16, 2014 04:48AM

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: December 16, 2014 04:59AM

Vikings are playing well. Bridgewater is a decent QB. He will throw Int's but he also plays well. They are certainly playing better with him at QB.

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: December 16, 2014 09:42AM

They have a good pass rush, good DT's and a good secondary. Anthony Barr is playing SLB and has 4 sacks. I guess he is all over the place but has 22 missed tackles! Chad Greenway, the WLB has 20 missed tackles. They lead the league for 43 OLB's.

Everson Griffen is their dominant pass rusher with 11 sacks. He has committed 9 penalties. Sharrif Floyd is playing lights out and has 5 sacks at the 3-tech spot.

Joe Berger, the former phin is playing RG at a high level. Especially in the run game. Go figure. Josh Samuda also is on the team but is on IR along with the road grader, Phil Loadholt.

Matt Kalil has gone WAY down hill. He has given up 12 sacks, 6 hits and 30 hurries! he has also committed 12 penalties.

No WR's. No RB's, No offense to speak of at all but the rookie QB looks promising. If we cannot shut this offense down, we are done. They are 28th in yards and 24th in points.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 16, 2014 10:09AM

What did someone say in another thread that we might advance 7 spots by losing out?

Certainly makes me have doubts about what's best here.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 16, 2014 08:25PM

Well Colonel, as usual the Dolphins are playing for pride at the end of another frustrating season. Long story short - it doesn't even matter who's better between the Dolphins & Vikings.

What the hell...Maybe Lazor should just use the next two games for long ball practice. I've been reading around that Tanny is getting some praise for throwing some good deep passes against the Pats in spite of some very catch-able drops.

Even though this season has been another "close but no cigar" saga, Tanny has improved as a QB which is a good thing. We haven't had a QB throw for 20+ TD's two seasons in a row since when???

All these piled up injuries have killed the season more than anything else IMO...that & the "Prevent Nothing" defensive strategy at times. F'ing Coyle! Grrrrr!!!!

**sigh**

Date: December 17, 2014 02:57AM

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: December 17, 2014 03:59AM

Patterson is a pretty good WR.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: December 26, 2014 12:48PM

808phan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well Colonel, as usual the Dolphins are playing
> for pride at the end of another frustrating
> season. Long story short - it doesn't even matter
> who's better between the Dolphins & Vikings.
>
> What the hell...Maybe Lazor should just use the
> next two games for long ball practice. I've been
> reading around that Tanny is getting some praise
> for throwing some good deep passes against the
> Pats in spite of some very catch-able drops.
>
> Even though this season has been another "close
> but no cigar" saga, Tanny has improved as a QB
> which is a good thing. We haven't had a QB throw
> for 20+ TD's two seasons in a row since when???
>
> All these piled up injuries have killed the season
> more than anything else IMO...that & the "Prevent
> Nothing" defensive strategy at times. F'ing Coyle!
> Grrrrr!!!!
>
> **sigh**

I disagree with anyone who says a team is playing for "pride." I believe they are playing for a big payday, but all of them are definitely playing for their jobs, including coaches.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.