HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Rex Ryan's next job..
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Rex Ryan's next job..
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 04, 2014 02:56AM

Should be the next DC of the Dolphins...

BUT

Would be the perfect fit as the Head Coach of Michigan.

If UM can't land Harbaugh or Miles, Ryan is by far the next best option & here's why:

1. He's a brilliant Defensive mind. Michigan wants to run old school, smash mouth FB. That's exactly Rex's style.

2. He is a 2nd tier branch off of the Bo Schembechler coaching tree, so that fulfills their "Michigan Man" status...well, sort of. He is a big character like Bo was.

3. He may be the best talker in all of the football business. That's absolutely perfect for CFB. Part of his problem in the NFL is offensive deficiencies through lack of O coaching & talent. But in college, he doesn't have to worry about the draft. Instead of getting 1 first round pick a year, he will get 10.

Rex Ryan going into the home of a 16 or 17 year old and selling Michigan to them would be a grand slam. Hes a smooth talker & very believable.

Any coaching deficiencies that Rex has, he can make up with by recruiting talent. Its the same way Saban has built Bama into a powerhouse. Saban has MAJOR flaws as a HC, but in college he can mask that by getting 5 star players. Rex would EASILY do the same.

I think Ryan would dominate at Michigan.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2014 02:57AM by Aqua&Orange.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rex Ryan's next job..
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: December 04, 2014 03:16AM

As a quasi-Michigan fan, I think he would do well there, but I'm not sure the college game is big enough to feed his ego. Also, has there been any reports of Michigan being interested or is this speculative on your part? Just curious.

Date: December 04, 2014 03:44AM

No reports or anything.

Just total interest on my part. I just think its a perfect fit.

---------------------

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: December 04, 2014 03:46AM

Reports are that he could make as much in TV as a HC. I think he goes to TV if he doesn't get a HC offer....as opposed to taking a DC job.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: December 04, 2014 04:48AM

I don't think I'd mind him on TV, as long as he is not wearing Kelly green... thumbs up

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: December 04, 2014 05:47AM

As a Buckeye fan I'd love to see it. Brady Hoke failed to develop players much like Rex.

Rex is a QB killer. Sanchez, Vick, Geno.

Sanchez looks competent in Philly. Vick was a good QB before NY and Geno has zero chance in NY.

Rex is a soundbite waiting to happen. I love hearing how his players would kill for him. They've played their hearts out to a 2-10 record.

Hire him, UM.

Date: December 04, 2014 07:25AM

Yeah, Saban looked the same way in the NFL.

Go ahead and beg for Rex, you may get a copycat version of Alabama right in your backyard.

---------------------

Date: December 04, 2014 08:08AM

The difference is Saban won a championship at LSU before coming to the NFL. Rex has driven the jets into the ground.

I'm all for it and for the life of me can't understand why people fall for his act.

Date: December 04, 2014 09:02AM

IMO, Jets downfall has more to do with the moves of a couple bad GM's than it does Rex Ryan.

If you want to see a coach lose his job, all you have to do is fail to find a QB.

Sanchez hasn't done much other than not make ridiculous mistakes for once. 8 tds, 6 picks in 5 games. He has a very good supporting cast on both sides of the ball.

Date: December 04, 2014 10:25AM

Absolutely, Joe.

Think about it like this, the Jets team is so garbage, but yet he has them believing they can win every game. These are grown ass men.

What kind of influence would he have in the living room of a 16 or 17 year old kid, when he tells them "You want to play in the NFL? You want to play in a NFL system? Play for me."

He would destroy the recruiting scene. Name me a better talker than Rex. Dude can shoot the shit with the best of them.

---------------------

Date: December 04, 2014 10:27AM

All I can think about is what he could do for our talented defense. We may be in need of a big time DT but I would take Ryan in a heartbeat!

Date: December 04, 2014 01:39PM

it's funny hearing the praise ryan gets and crap philbin gets.

Date: December 04, 2014 01:40PM

and do you honestly think ryan had no part in drafting defense in the first round all these years?

Date: December 04, 2014 03:38PM

I'm not sure how much. I doubt very much that it was his idea to let two top corners walk.

Posted by: FootballGod ()
Date: December 05, 2014 11:24AM

I opened this thread expecting to read something about cashiering at Dunkin donuts.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 05, 2014 11:28AM

LOL.

I think he would be more likely to go into the exotic entertainment industry.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: December 06, 2014 05:12AM

Posted by: FootballGod ()
Date: December 07, 2014 01:22AM

I completely forgot about all the kinky crap he's been exposed as being into. Yuck. Thanks guys, I lost my appetite for a week now. sad smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.