HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Random Thoughts Following Game
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Random Thoughts Following Game
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: November 24, 2014 04:38AM

1. I wasn't surprised at the outcome. Too many things going against a Miami win. After the Buffalo win, I figured that if Miami is to have a shot at the playoffs, they'll have to sweep the jets and beat Minnesota and Baltimore. That gets them to 10 wins and a shot at the playoffs.

2. I thought Tannehill had a pretty damn good game. 4 TDs (one running) and one interception that wasn't entirely his fault. If you'd have told me that at this stage of the season, Ryan would have a QB rating of 93.4, have thrown 20 TDs and only 8 interceptions, I would have been ecstatic. That doesn't even factor in the yards on the ground that he's contributed. He seems to be growing in the role of QB and if he continues to improve, he very well could be our franchise QB for a long time.

3. The injury to Jamar Taylor was very unfortunate. He was playing better and better and I thought could challenge Finnegan for the starting job. Judging from the pain he was in, I expect he's likely out for the season. Hopefully, he recovers fully and he and Brent Grimes give us a nice cornerback duo.

4. I'm really anxious to see Hickey have another year as GM. I thought he did an outstanding job this year. We finally picked someone in the second round pick that looks to have a bright future in Miami. Jarvis Landry has all of the tools to be an outstanding wide receiver and was an outstanding pick.

5. Finally, for the first time in a long time, I'm feeling optimistic about the future of the Dolphins. We're not there yet, for sure but I see the kind of progress that's been absent in Miami for a long time. Keep the faith. Better times might be closer than we think.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Random Thoughts Following Game
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 24, 2014 04:41AM

Another draft like this and we get to the next level.

Posted by: DolphinsRmeFav ()
Date: November 24, 2014 04:42AM

Need new coaches. Philben just gave us any shot at getting Harbaugh. Coyle will be back. Can't beat elite teams with these bums.

Date: November 24, 2014 05:02AM

I agree Sam. I would like to see us pick up (among other things) a guard and an every down type running back. I like Lamar but I'm guessing that they only give him 12 to 15 touches for a reason. We could really use a running back who can carry the ball 20 to 25 times and move the pile when you need a tough yard. I'm glad it's Hickey that will make the calls on Draft day instead of Ireland. So far, it looks like we traded way up.

Date: November 24, 2014 05:09AM

We need a run stuffing NT and upgrade our Lb this years draft for the first two picks the. Just draft Guards and we should be good next year.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: November 24, 2014 05:11AM

dolphinsmefav, did Jason garret suddenly become a good coach this year? how about tom coughlin? did he suddenly forget how to coach?

it's the talent.

when did belichick become a good HC?

do you think adam gase is a great OC or do you think it's peyton manning?

I'm not of fan of coyles style but to call for the HCs head after losing to manning and the broncos is ridiculous.

Date: November 24, 2014 05:19AM

I think the coach talk is probably moot anyway. If Philbin goes 10 and 6, he's back even if we don't make the playoffs. At 9-7, likely he's back. 8-8 and I'd say it's a 50-50 proposition. Anything short of that, and he's gone. I'm more concerned with who is making the player personnel decisions. In that regard, so far I'm pretty pleased with Hickey and for that reason I'm optimistic about the future.

Date: November 24, 2014 05:19AM

Not when Harbaugh will be available.

Date: November 24, 2014 05:23AM

We all like Hickey and Lazor! The other bums need to go!

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: November 24, 2014 05:33AM

Still 5 games left to judge Philbin and company but judging thus far I would hate to see a change. He is earning his stripes IMO. We do have a top 10 offense and you wouldn't know it last night but a top 10 defense.

We will have some holes to fill next year with free agency losses but now that we have the core team, it's time to start adding the play makers and game changers. It was a great first two picks this year but the jury is still way on the rest.

We will have to decide what to do about or what to offer the likes of Odrick, Satele, Delmas, Jimmy Wilson, Charles Clay, Moreno & Matt Moore.

We will also be much better off if Tripp, Turner and Lynch can earn contributing and starting roles.

As I said, we do need studs @ NT, LB, CB, OG, WR, TE, FS, OT.

Time to find the stars.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2014 05:51AM by JoeFootball.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 24, 2014 05:47AM

Date: November 24, 2014 05:50AM

Speaking of random thoughts....how about that pathetic attempt of an onside kick? We recover that kick and we win the game.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 24, 2014 05:52AM

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: November 24, 2014 05:53AM

I agree Joe, Philbin has shown growth and he clearly has the team moving in the right direction.

I still don't think that he is a difference maker so I'd be fine with replacing him.

I don't want Moore or Moreno back.

Any of the other guys is fine at the right price.

And I'd be fine with cutting bait with starks and Odrick to sign a guy like Suh.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: November 24, 2014 05:53AM

I don't think some of you guys realize what a coaching change means. You think a guy like Harbaugh isn't gonna want to bring in his own type of players and probably his own GM? You could kiss Hickey goodbye, Tannehill probably wouldn't be safe, maybe the new coaches like taller DB's (Grimes), or bigger/slower O-linemen, or run a completely different scheme on both sides of the ball and turn over 75/80% of the roster.
Like Joe said, lets talk coaching changes after the next 5 games, but if we win the games we'll be favored in (all but the Pats game IMO, and i'm not conceding that game either) this whole staff comes back intact.

Date: November 24, 2014 05:58AM

JoeFootball Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Speaking of random thoughts....how about that
> pathetic attempt of an onside kick? We recover
> that kick and we win the game.

Because we ALL know onside kick plays are REALLY easy to execute! eye rolling smiley

Date: November 24, 2014 05:59AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> I don't think some of you guys realize what a
> coaching change means. You think a guy like
> Harbaugh isn't gonna want to bring in his own type
> of players and probably his own GM? You could kiss
> Hickey goodbye, Tannehill probably wouldn't be
> safe, maybe the new coaches like taller DB's
> (Grimes), or bigger/slower O-linemen, or run a
> completely different scheme on both sides of the
> ball and turn over 75/80% of the roster.
> Like Joe said, lets talk coaching changes after
> the next 5 games, but if we win the games we'll be
> favored in (all but the Pats game IMO, and i'm not
> conceding that game either) this whole staff comes
> back intact.

smileys with beer

Posted by: KB ()
Date: November 24, 2014 06:03AM

colonel Wrote:
>Fox #74 held is own yesterday. That was
> a very good sign.
>

Agree. He did a he11 of a job on some pretty good players (Miller, etc). 4th round pick by the Lions in 2010. Injury prone though sad smiley But, like Satele, another good example of why NOT to blow all our high round picks and salary money on OLine. There is talent to be had in that area a heck of a lot cheaper. We just need someone who can find it.

Date: November 24, 2014 06:11AM

One other thought about the game. How can an NFL kicker not put the ball through the end zone in Denver? In today's NFL, if your kicker can't put it through the end zone, then you need a new kicker.

Date: November 24, 2014 06:43AM

He is 5'9. I find it odd that he can kick as far as he can bring that short.

Date: November 24, 2014 06:57AM

montequi Wrote:
> JoeFootball Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Speaking of random thoughts....how about that
> > pathetic attempt of an onside kick? We recover
> > that kick and we win the game.
>
> Because we ALL know onside kick plays are REALLY
> easy to execute! eye rolling smiley

I wasn't blaming the loss on that one play...just stating that the kick itself was a little too fancy and poorly executed to even have a chance at recovering it. eye rolling smiley thumbs down

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: November 24, 2014 07:26AM

I would keep Philpin he might not have the fire wanted, but the team seems to be a TEAM under him now. I think he is doing something right.

However, the defense laid an egg yesterday.

to cut loose Philpin now likely means you lose hickey, and I believe we all actually think he has done a good job

Posted by: Dolphacolyte ()
Date: November 24, 2014 07:46AM

Know it is sort of early but checking for the next draft. Thinking about Ball Carriers. As you all well know, the team has none. We have seen Lamar Miller. We also have seen enough of Daniel Thomas. As for the non drafted from Oklahoma. Don't be fooled by the same # Jersey and last name. Well, so far I've seen that those two are the only coincidences. If somebody at Sun Life shouted !Oh my, Ricky is back!. Surely they must be nuts. Well back to the possibilities next 2015. Top 10. Some are underclassmen. Here I go:

Melvin Gordon Wisconsin
T.J. Yeldon Alabama
Mike Davis South Carolina
Ameer Abdullah Nebraska
Javoris Allen USC
Josh Robinson Mississippi State

Next time checking for the wideouts. The team has also serious problems on that department too. In particular for the short sizes of the ones playing now. An average of just 6 foot 1 inch. That doesn't work. We know that. In this day and age of the league Tall Towers are the way to go. Champions are made thru the Draft. So I heard before.

Date: November 24, 2014 07:49AM

I don't think we need to spend a high draft pick on a runner. Miller has been impressive but for some reason they just don't give him carries. Not near enough.

Date: November 24, 2014 08:18AM

I've been a fan of Millers for the past couple years. It is rather confusing why he does not get more carries. He ran the ball well early yesterday and then they took him out.

Date: November 24, 2014 10:37AM

I was thinking the very same thing. Perhaps the coaches don't think Miller is durable enough to carry more than 12 to 15 time per game. If so, makes running back a high priority in next year's draft.

Date: November 24, 2014 11:01AM

I'd like to see him get 20-25 just to see what he can do.

I understand giving a guy a rest, but something seems off on this.

Date: November 24, 2014 11:17AM

rbs get into a groove with more carries. i'd like to see him get more carries too.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: November 24, 2014 11:18AM

Let's not forget that Miller injured his shoulder vs buffalo and missed practice time this week.

I'm positive they didn't want to push him.

Date: November 24, 2014 11:42AM

probably not but when healthy he only gets it 12-15x a game.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.