HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Vince Wilfork FA in 2010...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Vince Wilfork FA in 2010...
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 08, 2009 07:46AM

We may be able to take a 2nd day NT this year like Sammie Lee Hill from Stillman or Chris Baker from Hampton.

We could wait until the 4th round and see if one of them is there. We could then spend the season letting him compete and see if they can take over for Fergy who will probably retire after this year.

Then we will know if we need to go after Wilfork.

Shawn Rogers signed a 6 year 42 mil contract with the Browns last year. I would imagine Wilfork will garner about 8 mil per year.

That would certainly be payback for Welker and the rest of the Dolphin deflections but that is a lot of money and goes against team philosophy.

We would weaken the Pats and improve our D at the same time.

I think Bill likes late round NT's.

Casey hampton will also be a FE but will also be 34 years old.

Wilfork will be 30 in Nov of 2010.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2009 07:51AM by eesti.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vince Wilfork FA in 2010...
Date: April 08, 2009 12:13PM

bad idea, to old for that price and does not garner paying alot of money for him, get NT'S in the draft period, big guy with athletic abilities can be taught alot easier than a wr, or a cb, or a qb. nt's a dime a dozen, get em big and young to just plug up the line. thats about all they are worth in a 3-4 just get realy big guys with decent running time's. health would be a big concern for me.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 08, 2009 04:39PM

I agree that wwe should get one in the draft but they are not a dime a dozen. There aren't even half a dozen good NT's in the league.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: April 08, 2009 05:37PM

Truly good NTs are very hard to find. That said, I wouldn't want to spend 8 mil on a 30 year old NT.

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: April 09, 2009 01:23AM

2010 draft will be full of tackles, with good prospects for NT. Unfortunately this year pickings are slim.

I don't know what we're doing in the draft and the trifecta loves it that way. Everyone knows Parcells loves linebackers, and we could get a premium one in round 1. That would go a long way to help our weak secondary. Then Parcells throws out that we need "firepower." Then we starting working out all these skill players and put Chad Henne on tour. But at the same time, you ask Sparano or Ireland how long it takes to get good in the trenches, and they say it takes 3 years to build the lines. We only have 1 year under our belt. We workout NOBODY for the D line.

There's a lot of smoke and mirrors going on here.

Could we draft a lineman on day one? Yeah.

But we may never know who they really targeted if he's gone by the time we pick. So I want the linemen to be there - Brace, Jerry, Mack, Unger, and more, to be certain we didn't just pick up a linebacker or even a corner because he was BPA.

Russ Lande says after BJ Raj, there's no NT worth taking early. McShay likes both Raj and Brace and said after that there's nobody but backups.

So we'll see.

grinning smiley

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 09, 2009 02:32AM

I hate Wilfork. He is one of the dirtiest players I have ever seen.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: capetide ()
Date: April 09, 2009 09:59AM

The Pats will franchise Wilfork if they cant do a new contract. He's not Just Another Nose Tackle. He's one of the top 2 or 3 in football and plays every game hard.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: April 09, 2009 11:01AM

We'll pick Ron Brace with the 1st pick in round two.

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: April 10, 2009 09:59AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hate Wilfork. He is one of the dirtiest players
> I have ever seen.

I agree. He is a cheapshot artist.

Posted by: grooves12 ()
Date: April 10, 2009 10:28AM

You can't make decisions based on what MIGHT happen... especially when it comes to a potential free agent. There is no way of guaranteeing he will come to your team. He can be franchised, re-sign before hitting free agency, or sign with one of the 31 other teams competing for his services.

I think the staff has done things right... re-sign your own free agents and build through the draft. More free agents that change teams end up being busts then the other way around.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.