HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Jarvis Landry
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Jarvis Landry
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 18, 2014 09:40AM

Oronde had the best hands ive ever seen...Marino just threw alley oops then oronde got up there and made some wonderfull one hand catches...

Those were the good old days when i had that winning feeling.

Until we play buffalo in the playoffs that is.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cshashaty ()
Date: November 18, 2014 10:04AM

JoeFootball Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I read a tweet from Omar where he answered a
> question about Landry and what his ceiling is....
>
> He simply said "OJ McDuffie".
>
> Do you agree or do you think he has a higher
> upside?

I've heard a lot of people say Landry reminds of OJ McDuffie. Their rookie averages are very similar. But I don't see it in their styles of play. To me, the first guy I think of when I see Landry's game is Nat Moore.

Many of today's fans don't remember Nat in the 1970s. I think Landry might be slightly taller than Nat was, but their styles of play are very similar as are their fundamentals, although Nat may be more sure-handed than Landry has shown us thus far. if Landry becomes another Nat Moore, a borderline HOFer, we'll all be happy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2014 10:06AM by cshashaty.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 18, 2014 10:37AM

I think Omar is an idiot for answering the question with OJ Mcduffie... Every player is different, no 2 guys are the same... Is Peyton Manning, Dan Marino? no of course not...

Nobody knows to this point what a rookie's career or ceiling is 10 games into his rookie year... That is laughable... For example, OJ got turf toe real bad which shortened and limited his successful career. What would OJ's career been if he didn't have those injury problems and shortened career.. Lets just enjoy the ride and hope Landry stays healthy and keeps at it... I think if he stays healthy he can be a pro bowl WR in the future... Isn't that enough and more accurate then saying OJ Mcduffie?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: November 18, 2014 11:04AM

I like the Hines Ward comparison and think it could be accurate but Landry has already surpassed Ward's rookie numbers and is on pace to break his 2nd and 3rd year numbers as well. Similar player but Landry is just a little more polished as a rookie.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: November 19, 2014 10:57AM

Ward was a beast, Landry is a good comparison to him.

Omar was probably keeping it in the Dolphins world when naming a comparison.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 19, 2014 01:21PM

You know, for all you Philbin defenders, a red flag to JSM08, when you think about 7-11, and Jonas Grey, one has to wonder about how much Landry saw in pre season and how now he is finally being worked into the lineup.

I can hear Ireland saying "See I brought him the talent, he just wouldn't play it"

and

I can hear Hickey saying "Thank God he's beginning to fear for his own job and is now seeing the light before he costs me mine.

Date: November 19, 2014 01:48PM

Was all that Philbin's decision? 7 11 hogan? Big Grey? If so then he needs to be kicked to the nearest turpike north exit.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 19, 2014 04:14PM

Date: November 20, 2014 04:12AM

You guys do realize that guys get better with time right? When he was here we had a boat load full of inexperienced receivers to make a choice from. We went with the guys who had a better grasp of the offense.

Hogan was here 3 years ago. You don't think he's gotten better since then? I mean, the guys has 307 yards and 2 TD's and some are acting like he i sthe breakout player of the year. He had 27 yards last week.

I liked Hogan and was rooting for him to make the team. At least the PS...but a few decent games doesn't exactly make a career.

Jonas Gray? He would not be the first player that Bill has squeezed a good game or two out of. He does it all the time. Bill found a weakness on the Colts defense and exploited it. That's what he does year in and year out.

Why is it when Brian Hartline turns in a 253 yard performance, its a fluke and when some shmo in NE does it, he's a future star that we missed out on?

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: November 20, 2014 04:16AM

well joe, because short sighted people that like to complain are always going to find something to complain about.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: November 20, 2014 04:48AM

I honestly don't think Hogan would make this years team, which Miami reciever is he better then? As far as Grey, Bellicheck was putting an extra O-lineman in as a TE and running it down the Colts throat, like Joe said, that's what makes Bellicheat a great coach, exploiting others weaknesses.

Date: November 20, 2014 04:57AM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 20, 2014 05:00AM

I'd say his ceiling is Mark Clayton.

Date: November 20, 2014 05:43AM

James Walker @JamesWalkerNFL 2m
Source: Blount, Pats agree on two-year deal es.pn/1uWnGpr"-#Patriots' running game just got stronger, #Dolphins tweeps.

Say it isn't so, why would the Pats re-sign L Blount when they have the hall of fame Jonas Gray on the team eye rolling smiley

Date: November 20, 2014 06:21AM

Uhhhh...show a link to that tweet. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: November 20, 2014 06:36AM

I really like Landry & I'm not comparing him to anyone. To me he's unique in his own way. He gives all of his effort for every play and puts his body on the line. Such an outstanding football player.

I'll never forget his diving effort TD, stretching the ball to the end zone while his body was going out of bounds sideways. That is the kind of effort that can help to win a championship.

Date: November 20, 2014 06:39AM

And the move he made on the defender right before he stretched into the endzone was crazy as well.

We hit gold with landry.

Posted by: DolphinsRmeFav ()
Date: November 20, 2014 07:10AM

I hope he tears it up a mile high 3 days from now! Does anyone know if the game is being broadcasted prime time?

Date: November 20, 2014 09:42AM

I have NFL ticket, so I'll be watching

Landry has a winners mentality.

I like the feel of this team. They seem to be a team now with a good locker room.

Date: November 20, 2014 10:00AM

It's a 4:25 PM EST game so why would it be shown in prime time?

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: November 21, 2014 04:13AM

It's televised here in HI at 1125am smiling bouncing smiley

Date: November 21, 2014 04:42AM

Date: November 21, 2014 04:56AM

Is there a web site that anyone knows of that has a map of this weekends coverage?

Date: November 21, 2014 09:49AM

SiriusXM NFL Radio @SiriusXMNFL 7m
#Patriots News: According to reports out of New England...Jonas Gray was late to Gillette Stadium this morning for practice and sent home.

For those that rue'd the day we let this guy walk.........

Date: November 21, 2014 09:56AM

So the guy was late and because Bilicheat is a supreme douchbag we should not have kept him? Ok well that's your opinion. He is still going to play on Sunday. Hope they lose! Come on Detroit.

Date: November 21, 2014 10:00AM

by primetime I think he means the featured game of the week for the second game

Date: November 21, 2014 10:03AM

montequi Wrote:
> I'd say his ceiling is Mark Clayton.

I would take that any day.

Mark claytons was really good.

That would be pro bowl ceiling right there.

Date: November 24, 2014 07:13AM

Adam Beasley @AdamHBeasley

From the silver lining department: Dolphins receivers have dropped just one pass in last three weeks after dropping 19 in the first eight.

Date: November 24, 2014 07:20AM

Clayton was border line HOF. To think the numbers he put up sharing passes with Duper.

Those 2 were great.

Of course now there numbers are not as staggering as todays receivers, but they were dang good!

Date: November 24, 2014 08:02AM

JoeFootball Wrote:
> Adam Beasley @AdamHBeasley
>
> From the silver lining department: Dolphins
> receivers have dropped just one pass in last three
> weeks after dropping 19 in the first eight.

They are catching the rock better but it also means tannehill is throwing strikes out there.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.