HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Is our QB improving?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Is our QB improving?
Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: November 17, 2014 07:08AM

Since week 7, he has 7 Td's : 2 int and completing 70.7% of passes. - Saw this on J-Darlington's twitter

Point differential since week 7 is 129-56 in Miami's favor.

All signs point towards YES.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is our QB improving?
Date: November 17, 2014 07:17AM

Just look at it from season to season. The Kid was an amazing smart athelete out of college. No QB experience. His first year was off the cuff, just running around and he still managed Miami Rookie records.

Second season he has the worst Oline in History. Kid didn't complain 1 iota. Then you had bully gate. He just kept his head down and managed not to get severely injured.

3rd season , we have had a mix of injuries to the Oline, Pouncy didn't return , we had suspensions on the defense , but he is coming on strong.

It takes a TEAM. New England gets that. Look at Tommys surrounding players. Now he has Gray coming on strong in the running game. Belichick is always mixing it up and keeping Tommy fresh. He has other players making plays and supporting him always.

But to answer your question , Yes he is improved.....and he is far from his APEX. If Philbin and Hickey get him what he needs no doubt he will make the next level and continue to do so. thumbs up

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: DolphinsRmeFav ()
Date: November 17, 2014 07:18AM

He has improved a lot! Slow I might add but steady. Next year I want to see his deep ball improved.

Date: November 17, 2014 07:23AM

The TEAM has also improved. Tannehill stepped on the field 3 yrs ago with some of the worst Oline players in the History of the NFL. A far cry from the 83' Team Marino joined. And Tanny still made rookie numbers.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: November 17, 2014 07:57AM

has he improved yes

Is he elite no

He is still ranked like 16th in the league.

It does not have to be all about him though. This team has play makers like the Dolphins have not had in years.

Date: November 17, 2014 08:00AM

dolphin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> has he improved yes
>
> Is he elite no
>
> He is still ranked like 16th in the league.
>
> It does not have to be all about him though. This
> team has play makers like the Dolphins have not
> had in years.

Has Mat Moore EVER ranked 16th in anything? eye rolling smiley

Glad to see your finally admitting it , But no.....you still have to walk. You can't get on the Bus . drinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 17, 2014 08:06AM

I've said he has been playing well for weeks now, BUT he is no way elite no matter how many temper tantrums you wish to throw.

Date: November 17, 2014 08:15AM

I never wished against it. I hope he does , but he won't EVER be elite.

I do think that Lazer has come up with game plans to limit his short comings so he is playing much better. That is what good coaches do.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 17, 2014 09:00AM

It is without question that Tannehill has improved at QB. Every game breaks new ground for this player. The jury remains gathered outside of the jury room wondering if they will ever get to vote on whether he has become a member of that elite class of QBs. Perhaps in the future, with the right complement of offensive lineman and route running receivers, he'll be inconsideration for that vote. I for one hope that happens, but will not hold my breath thinking it will or could be soon, or ever.

In the meantime, I just want him to grow with the rest of the team and build good experiences each and every game.

Another test for the entire team is coming Sunday. The Broncos lost this past Sunday and probably are hoping to cash in on the inconsistent Dolphins. We can only hope the Broncos take the Dolphins for granted, but realistically, I'll bet Manning is studying film day and night so he can master the game plan mentally and be ready to put on a great aerial display. Buckle up Dolphins get ready for battle. Go Dolphins!

Date: November 17, 2014 09:01AM

Date: November 17, 2014 09:14AM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 17, 2014 09:25AM

Date: November 17, 2014 09:34AM

QB ratings are up around the league this year.

I will say he won't be elite because well, he is 16th in the league now AND having one of his best years so far.

His receivers are as good as any in the league right now. His OL has been really solid too. We do have a running game.

He can't throw the deep ball which is important to an offense. Did you hear Phil Simms say it is really really hard to score in the NFL with 10-11 play drives? 16 points a game isnt really going to get it done against a good team.

Perhaps we differ on elite, to me an elite QB makes the players around him better. He can lift a team up and carry them.

He is still somewhat innacurate.

most of the posts on here for him are IF the OL is perfect, IF the receivers are perfect, IF the play calling is perfect.......

I've said all this before about him.

I think, and so far it is proving, that the Dolphins can win games with him at QB. As long as the Dolphins are winning I do not care who the QB is.

Date: November 17, 2014 10:18AM

Date: November 17, 2014 10:40AM

dolphin Wrote:

> His receivers are as good as any in the league
> right now.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
That is probably the most laughable statement I've ever seen on this website.

Do you realize the Dolphins current #2 WR has had almost ZERO impact this season?

If you are going to be a troll, just say, I am a troll. But don't be an idiot and pretend to be intellectual.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: November 17, 2014 10:42AM

JoeFootball Wrote:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Hey Joe, by looking at his posts, I am not sure posting facts will work on him. Not sure anything will.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: November 17, 2014 10:49AM

Date: November 17, 2014 10:52AM

Aqua, let me get this straight

I'm a troll for saying the Dolphins have perhaps the deepest WR group in the NFL?

UH ok

What would I be if I said they had the worst?

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 17, 2014 11:02AM

I think what Dolphin was trying to express is that the receiving corps is as good as any around the league. This is kind of a "on paper" comment. When one compares current achievements, that is, statistics, assuming that really means a great deal to determine excellence, than our receivers are not as good as others. That doesn't mean they couldn't be.

Statistics are helpful in determining excellence, but it's not the only thing that goes into the equation. Needless to say, our receivers could improve. And, as I've said, they are improving in concert with Tannehill who has raised his completion level.

The weakness we have, looking at a full game, is not being able to consistently move the ball when the clock is ticking down in the 4th quarter. We also fall short when we get in the red zone. Most teams fall short there. The top teams score TDs more often than not when they get around the 20. When we can achieve both of these on a more consistent basis, we'll have something special to brag about. I can't wait. winking smiley

Date: November 17, 2014 11:06AM

but 1 GREAT receiver does not make the entire receiving corp good.

Like the Lions they have 1 maybe 2 great ones after that it falls off.

dont get me wrong I would certainly take megatron

but i do like the fact that all 5 of our WR;s can make plays.

I do believe that is what the staff wants, all 5 guys making plays

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 17, 2014 11:34AM

The definition of insanity is doing a thing over and over and getting the same results and to keep expecting different results.

Earlier, I called dolphin "medical" about his dislike of Tannehill and his mission to convince everyone else that Tannehill was no good.

He has refused to either change his opinion or let up on his criticism of Tannehill.

So at a certain point, I have to point the finger at myself and ask if MY TRYING TO GET DOLPHIN to let up on Tannehill can be considered the same thing, that is, doing a thing over and over and getting the same result while expecting different results.

Bottom line, it has been demonstrated that we are in danger of becoming just as senseless as dolphin by virtue of our continued attempts to talk him out of it. He ain't gonna change.

So in the future, we should just look at his posts and not respond when they address Tannehill.

All that will result is more closed threads.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: November 17, 2014 11:48AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> The definition of insanity is doing a thing over
> and over and getting the same results and to keep
> expecting different results.
>
> Earlier, I called dolphin "medical" about his
> dislike of Tannehill and his mission to convince
> everyone else that Tannehill was no good.
>
> He has refused to either change his opinion or let
> up on his criticism of Tannehill.
>
> So at a certain point, I have to point the finger
> at myself and ask if MY TRYING TO GET DOLPHIN to
> let up on Tannehill can be considered the same
> thing, that is, doing a thing over and over and
> getting the same result while expecting different
> results.
>
> Bottom line, it has been demonstrated that we are
> in danger of becoming just as senseless as dolphin
> by virtue of our continued attempts to talk him
> out of it. He ain't gonna change.
>
> So in the future, we should just look at his posts
> and not respond when they address Tannehill.
>
> All that will result is more closed threads.

^^^^^^This^^^^^^^

Date: November 17, 2014 12:22PM

I agree. But may I also add his other mindless manipulation attempts of the board by adding other people to the mix to share his opinions.

I'll go with the majority for the good of the board and my friends.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 17, 2014 12:51PM

I do that? Lets see you have samsam, dolphiholic, joefootball to some extent,,,how many more,,,,nah you wouldnt manipulate that huh. AND anyone that comes on board new you attack if they have a different opinion, NAW you would do that.

Chyren I've stated many many times what it is that I dislike about Tannehill

I've also stated many many times that he has played better lately.

He is nor ever will be an elite QB, not sure why people continue to say he is.

ANd I have not criticised him lately, just saying he is not an elite QB and has plenty of flaws.

AGAIN if the Dolphins win with him at QB I dont care

did you defend fiedler too? he actually won more games then tannehill has thus far

Date: November 17, 2014 12:58PM

chyrenB you have a great point.

If you or whoever tells me that tannehill is the best ever, that seems to be perfectly ok.

however if I say he is not the best ever, that seems to cause issues.

quite honestly it is that way with ANYTHING that I post.

I can say the exact same thing that another poster says, but mine is attacked.

pretty much same thing with tannehill, someone can say he is inaccurate and it is ok, but if I say it i get attacked.

personally i think the tannehill part is people are afraid if not scared that i might be right.

I've spoken well of Grimes, Miller, Mattews, others have said negative things, but its all OK for them to make a negative statement. it really boggles my mind.

I want the Dolphins to win, not play really super goody.

Date: November 17, 2014 01:32PM

dolphin Wrote:
> I do that? Lets see you have samsam, dolphiholic,
> joefootball to some extent,,,how many more,,,,nah
> you wouldnt manipulate that huh. AND anyone that
> comes on board new you attack if they have a
> different opinion, NAW you would do that.
>
> Chyren I've stated many many times what it is that
> I dislike about Tannehill
>
> I've also stated many many times that he has
> played better lately.
>
> He is nor ever will be an elite QB, not sure why
> people continue to say he is.
>
> ANd I have not criticised him lately, just saying
> he is not an elite QB and has plenty of flaws.
>
> AGAIN if the Dolphins win with him at QB I dont
> care
>
> did you defend fiedler too? he actually won more
> games then tannehill has thus far

I have who? I can't control any of them or would want to. I make points ,they make points.I learn from all of them. Just your rationalizations above show how demented your mind works.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 17, 2014 03:08PM

RT is not elite. But the evidence is there that he's going in the right direction.

All he needs IMHO to get there is; 1. more talent around him and 2. continuity in the system which seems to be a good one so far.

IMHO #2 above is exactly the thing that makes Brady so good, and dangerous. Beyond that, it's adding players that fit the system...in the case of N.E that means quick shifty WR's and RB's that get open quickly inside of a 10 yard box and a TE that makes plays over the middle and in the red zone.

As far as the Phins go, we lack a similar TE, and a #2 WR that makes plays...Hartline is NOT carrying his weight this season and neither is Clay. Then we have a OL that is still a work in progress, a pass rush that disappears too much and an issue at OLB.

The upcoming off season will be absolutely critical to us getting to where we need to be as a team personnel wise. Hickey needs to be on top of his game.

But, in the here and now...I'm generally happy with our play but expect further improvements and consistency as we move toward the end of the regular season.

Date: November 17, 2014 03:27PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.