HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Uh-oh....Where are we?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Uh-oh....Where are we?
Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: November 12, 2014 09:48AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Uh-oh....Where are we?
Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: November 12, 2014 09:58AM

I like they were quiet on the bus. I think they know they have a great chance to be better then average.

43 times in the red zone and 30th ranked.......not good. but, then again we don't have that quick strike ability.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: November 12, 2014 10:00AM

Yikes, not good. I've noticed Wallace jawing (in a good way) more lately, and guys like Hartline and Clay can't be happy with their reduced roles in the offense. Thursday is a must win for so many reasons.

Date: November 12, 2014 10:08AM

But this offense is based on read and pass right? Not based on pass it to number???

So if Clay and Hartline are not getting the ball it is all on Tannehill; or they are just not getting open.

However since Hartline was open the past few years it would point back to the QB.

Date: November 12, 2014 10:23AM

If we only had a red zone target, we could be the number 1 offense in the NFL. That's a staggering number considering Tannehill hasn't had a 300 yard game yet this year.

We need that BIG TE.

I don't understand why we don't throw more quick slants (in the red zone) with all the possession guys we have. Players like Wes Welker has made a living off of those plays. This would be a great route for Landry (or Gibson).

I could easily see us getting rid of a few WR's next year. Gibson and Hartline to name a few...but only in search of a larger target.

We are stuck with Wallace and his ridiculous contract. I like the guy but he is nowhere near worth what Jeff Ireland paid him. It's almost like he was trying to sabotage the team. It's almost impossible to even trade him. 12 mil cap hit next year after 17 this year. There is still a place/use for his skill set here but he needs a complimentary player.

Bigger name free agents in 2015....Randall Cobb, DeMaryius Thomas, Michael Crabtree, Jeremy Maclin,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2014 10:28AM by JoeFootball.

Date: November 12, 2014 10:26AM

I'm a fan of the slant, but for some reason the Dolphins have not called if for years.

Also a fan of playaction down there ,but you dont see the Dolphins use it either.

I have no problems with Wallace. He does lead the team in receiving TD's

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: November 12, 2014 12:47PM

Wallace is a waste of money because tanny can't throw the deep ball.

prior to signing Wallace all anyone talked about was getting a speed WR. We need to take the top off the defense so we overpaid and got him.

It's not his fault we can't hit him.

My guess is he's the main one bickering with Lazor but an some point these guys need to nut up and finish a game. I can see most of the WRs bickering.

I don't see hartline returning. Hopefully we can get a 3rd for him. Matthews is cheap. Keep him. Not sure about Gibson's contract but either of those two can fill hartline's role.

I agree with a big target be it a TE or WR. But until we can hit a few deep throws get used to us being an efficient 20 - 20 type offense.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 12, 2014 02:27PM

jsm08 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wallace is a waste of money because tanny can't
> throw the deep ball.

RESPONSE: Which is proof that throwing the deep ball requires more than just a strong arm which Tannehill certainly has.

>
> prior to signing Wallace all anyone talked about
> was getting a speed WR. We need to take the top
> off the defense so we overpaid and got him.
>
> It's not his fault we can't hit him.
>
> My guess is he's the main one bickering with Lazor
> but an some point these guys need to nut up and
> finish a game. I can see most of the WRs
> bickering.
>
> I don't see hartline returning. Hopefully we can
> get a 3rd for him. Matthews is cheap. Keep him.
> Not sure about Gibson's contract but either of
> those two can fill hartline's role.
>
> I agree with a big target be it a TE or WR. But
> until we can hit a few deep throws get used to us
> being an efficient 20 - 20 type offense.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 12, 2014 03:10PM

Date: November 14, 2014 04:01AM

In Tannehill's first season he had a QB rating over 100, twice. In his second season he had two more. This year he already has 4 games over 100 with 6 games left.

As of right now, every other game he is rating over 100 since week 4. Games 4,6,8 & 10 were over. Now he just needs to raise the level of play on those in-between games. I should say the offense needs to raise their level of play. It's usually when everyone is in sync....WR's, RB's, TE, etc.

No one is going to tell me he hasn't improved. He has gotten better in the pocket and outside of it. His leadership is outstanding. He has stepped up and guys are following him. He is even playing with fire now. He was pissed when he didn't end one of those drives with a TD. I like seeing that. In years past he would have just shrugged it off as no big deal.

As Bill Cowher said last night. Tannehill hasn't been playing QB that long in the grand scheme of things and compared to other QB's his age. Cowher also said his accuracy will keep getting better. That was good to hear from someone like Bill.

He also said an owner would be nuts to pull the plug on Tannehill OR Philbin at the end of the year if they miss the playoffs. It takes time. Personally I like where Philbin is heading as a HC and I hope we can lock up Lazor to keep some consistency. Philbin is learning. I like that.

Michael Irving said Philbin is a genius....he said that before the game.

Tannehill's overall QB rating is 92.2.....and climbing.

Posted by: cshashaty ()
Date: November 14, 2014 04:08AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 14, 2014 04:30AM

Date: November 14, 2014 04:31AM

Date: November 14, 2014 04:37AM

I dont think wallace is upset, but believe hartline is

Hartline did make a huge play last night.

I dont care if they dont like Lazor, just make the plays.

LAzor is fine, young so he probably talks agressively, but i like him.

Date: November 14, 2014 04:53AM

it will be interesting to see what becomes of this....instead of speculating that it is the players fault or Lazor's fault.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2014 04:55AM by JoeFootball.

Date: November 14, 2014 04:57AM

I agree, but it is just baiting with the article.

It was a great game plan last night. I think Lazor is figuring it all out just fine.

Date: November 14, 2014 06:46AM

yeah Lazor get's the credit and Tannehill gets the blame for "only playing one half"... unreal.

Date: November 14, 2014 07:19AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> How are you? You havent posted in a long
> time..Good to see you..
>
> You think we have a shot at denver? Even a remote
> chance?

Thanks, I am well. Hope to get back to writing more frequently again!

Dolphins definitely have a shot at Denver. Pats crushed them and Dolphins beat Pats convincingly. In fact, I plan to write about that a bit in my next column in progress. One thing I hope Philbin does is travel the team to Denver a day early to give the guys two nights to acclimate to the altitude and the time difference.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2014 07:24AM by cshashaty.

Date: November 14, 2014 08:01AM

Great point on the time difference and acclamation! They have extra days due to the Thursday night game so he has no excuse.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 18, 2014 09:32AM

Philbin told the media today that the team won't travel out to Denver a day early to get better acclimated to the altitude. He doesn't think an extra day will matter.

I respectfully disagree with him.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 18, 2014 09:36AM

Date: November 18, 2014 12:44PM

Guy is a moron. He is opening himself up for more unecessary criticism. What do you have to gain with staying an extra day with 3 extra days at hand?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 18, 2014 12:59PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> cshashaty wrote: Philbin told the media today that
> the team won't travel out to Denver a day early to
> get better acclimated to the altitude. He doesn't
> think an extra day will matter.
>
> I respectfully disagree with him.
>
>
> I disagree as well. Another great decision by
> philbin just like the timeouts against green bay.

I see where Philbin is coming from.. He is trying to not make it a big deal and mess with their routine... He did the same thing when the team went to London this year.. Oakland went a week early, we went at the last minute, and we won.. People were upset we didn't go to London earlier to get acclimated... Didn't seem to bother the team and getting a week of acclimation didn't seem to give Oakland any advantage... Why change what worked before..

Philbin wants to keep the routine, and not give the players something to worry about or throw them off... The altitude isn't going to win or lose this game, our focus and execution will... So keep the team focused and one less thing to distract them IMO...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2014 01:00PM by Crowder52.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 18, 2014 02:33PM

I also respectfully disagree. When I did the Inka Trail hike to Macchu Picchu we were advised to arrive at least two days early to get acclimated to the altitude. Of course Cusco is around two miles above sea level but any little edge should not be conceded to Denver so easily.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Date: November 18, 2014 02:46PM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> I also respectfully disagree. When I did the Inka
> Trail hike to Macchu Picchu we were advised to
> arrive at least two days early to get acclimated
> to the altitude. Of course Cusco is around two
> miles above sea level but any little edge should
> not be conceded to Denver so easily.

I hear ya, but breaking routine, creating an excuse, making something a mental obstacle, is conceding a greater advantage to Denver then not doing so IMO.. Mind over matter, keep the mind strong, these guys are well conditioned athletes. Rotate players out a little more often, stay focused and execute.... No excuses... Execution and focus wins us this game not Altitude... That is what they should be focused on..

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: November 18, 2014 03:54PM

Would 1 extra day really make a difference anyway?

Date: November 18, 2014 03:57PM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> Would 1 extra day really make a difference anyway?

We got three extra to spare......would it hurt?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 18, 2014 04:16PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> dolphaholic Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Would 1 extra day really make a difference
> anyway?
>
>
> We got three extra to spare......would it hurt?

The mind is the limit or wall to overcome, not the body.. So anything that creates a "wall" in the mind hurts IMO.. I have a good friend and employee of mine a few years back that is a Navy Seal.. He taught me from his training that the body can take much more then the mind will allow.. And what Seal training is really about, is teaching your mind, that your body can endure much more then what your mind thinks it can.. So it is about reteaching the mind what ones body is truly capable of... Don't concede weakness..

If your leader concedes that you are weak because of this altitude advantage, you are weakening the mental aspect of it.. And actually hurting the ability to overcome it... Philbin is actually keeping his troops mentally strong, which far outweighs coming in a day early because you are "weaker" physically then your opponent.. And as Dolph says, the advantage of another day isn't really that great.. And surely doesn't outweigh, the mental aspect of Philbins message to his team IMO...

Nietzsche

Date: November 18, 2014 05:10PM

Ok crowder. That actually makes sense.thumbs up

Im down with it now. But if the Dolphins lose guess what the press will say? I wouldn't want to give them that , but ultimately that's a loser mindset so I'll stand corrected. smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 18, 2014 05:41PM

I'm more worried about the decisions Philbin makes DURING the game.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.