Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Did Philpin just call 2 timeouts for the other team?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Did Philpin just call 2 timeouts for the other team?
Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: November 09, 2014 11:19AM

AGAIN???

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Did Philpin just call 2 timeouts for the other team?
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 09, 2014 11:28AM

No, those timeouts were called FOR US!!!!

Once they were in safe field goal range, IT BECAME OUR CLOCK!

They had the field goal in the bag. The more time run off the clock, the better FOR DETROIT.

The more time run off the clock, then if Detroit was only able to make a field goal, we would not have time to come back with the go ahead field goal

If, on the other hand, they scored a TD, as they did, the less time that would be left for us to score a TD.

This situation was totally different from the GB game.

It wasn't the calling of the timeouts but read the game thread and the new thread I started to see HOW PHILBIN F*CKED UP....BIG TIME!

Re: Did Philpin just call 2 timeouts for the other tea
Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: November 09, 2014 12:35PM

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! It's not your clock if you can't stop then from running the clock out. He called the first TO on a first and 10 with 1:21 left. Then another on 1st and 10 with 47s left. They have 3 downs now to run 47s then kick a fg.

Make them kick the fg and go to ot. Why would you give then two to's with the clock running out? Why?

Re: Did Philpin just call 2 timeouts for the other tea
Date: November 09, 2014 02:01PM

Date: November 09, 2014 04:21PM

I'm not the one that's confused. 1:27 left and they're in fg range, I'll give them the damn fg. What I don't want is to give them extra plays by using OUR timeouts. See results genius.

Date: November 09, 2014 05:56PM

Date: November 09, 2014 06:06PM

Do you know the definition of what the announcers mean when they say it's "this team's clock" or "that team's clock"??????

You know how you tell????

You know who the clock belongs to??????

Answer: The team that needs it the most.

Green Bay vs. Miami, late in the game.

1) Green Bay is behind
2) ALSO Green Bay is out of TIMEOUTS,

Who does the clock belong to? Green Bay.

Detroit vs. Miami, 1:21 seconds left in the game
DETROIT HAS THE BALL at the Miami 27 yard line (easy field goal Range)
Miami is ahead by only 3

Who needs the clock to be preserved the most?

Miami.

1st and 10 on the Miami 27 with 1:21 seconds left to them, Detroit had a world of options.

We needed them to do whatever they were gonna do quick but trying to, at worst, keep them to a field goal.

And they were not going to take your offer, GBO to just settle for a field goal. They were going to take a couple of shots at the endzone and if you ask them, they would have told you "Yes that AND PREFERABLY run the clock out at the same time."

Date: November 10, 2014 03:45AM

You do realize that the Lions didnt even have to use all their timeouts because we used ours for them correct?

I was laughing when Fouts said the Lions will have 3 mintues and their 2 timeouts. I was like uh no, they will have 3 minutes and 4 timeouts cause Philpin will give them ours too.

Using our timeouts just gave the Lions more time to do what they needed to do.

Stating the Dolphins called them for the Dolphins is just ridiculous. We had the lead!

Date: November 10, 2014 05:41AM

You said..."Once it was 1:21 first and 10 on our own 27 yard line, Detroit was playing with house money and it was our clock."

I can't disagree more. DET had 1:21 with ONE timeout. That's not a lot of time when you're on the 27 yard line and it's still not a chip shot field goal. At this point, if they throw an incompletion on first down, they almost HAVE to run it on second down b/c if they throw another incompletion, and then don't convert on third down, we get the ball back with about a minute and TWO TO's!

We had two TO's. Had we waited until second down to use the first one, we would've watched Detroit throw an incompletion on first down and second down (we still have two TO's). Now it's third down, they're already in FG range so again, they almost have to run the ball on third to MAKE us use a TO.

This is not the first time he's made horrible end of game decisions. This is a REALLY good roster and to see it go to waste because the coach is still learning how to end games, is too much to take.

Date: November 10, 2014 09:57AM

Date: November 10, 2014 10:46AM

I let the clock run out on them. I dont help them with time outs.

if they kick the FG with 40 seconds left we still have our time outs. The clock was almost run out with us calling the timeouts to stop it for them.

Date: November 10, 2014 10:51AM

I've explained it every way I possibly can.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: November 10, 2014 12:22PM

the timesout meant nothing. the refs called one a the 1:02 point but Detroit had one so it's not like we were bailing them out in the last seconds.

I have no problem regrouping with the game on the line.

I watched Andy Reid call one before the bills last play of that game. They knocked the pass down. game over. no one will complain about it and Reid is known as a horrible clock manager. Doesn't mean he's a bad coach.

Date: November 10, 2014 12:48PM

It wasn't called to regroup but to save time for US in case we needed it. That is why it was a good move.

The timeouts called in the Packer game were and that's the difference and that is why THESE timeouts were the right call and the GB timeouts were stupid.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2014 12:50PM by ChyrenB.

Date: November 12, 2014 06:14AM

Both games we had the lead. both games we called timeouts for them. not sure how you twist it as different.

interesting spin though.

Date: November 12, 2014 09:22AM

dolphin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Both games we had the lead. both games we called
> timeouts for them. not sure how you twist it as
> different.
>
> interesting spin though.

Interesting how you use JSM08, dolphaholic and PhinsFans2 lingo of "twist" and "spin".

I'm through trying to explain the difference to you. It's obvious.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.