HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          JT bailed on us...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
JT bailed on us...
Posted by: FinMan ()
Date: April 03, 2009 05:49PM

Yes I know he was traded...but was that before or after he refused to participate in the off season? I tell ya, It doesn't matter when-He bailed because he wanted to latch on to a team that "Had a chance to compete"...his words used. Now he wants to latch on because we are competing and will win SB SOON and do not need him to do it. I have always loved JT-one of the greatest Finz ever-but I would rather we didn't let him come back anyway,His heart isn't with the Finz---Its with whoever gives him a chance to win the -RING- It is NOT a ring if it isn't won when you are a True Fin!!! Cause we all know FinzRule..I say No to JT comeback..No Way!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: JT bailed on us...
Posted by: RW13 ()
Date: April 03, 2009 06:14PM

The man has always been on a losing team. High school, college and pros. Give the guy a break, he wanted to win and he and everyone else thought he would have a better chance elsewhere. There was no way for him to know the Dolphins would go to the play-offs.

Posted by: FinMan ()
Date: April 03, 2009 06:28PM

Exactly................and we gave a shot to a mediocre Akron player--and made him a star....then he bailed--A true Fin NEVER bails...we have a name for Finz that bail.....they are called a Patriot!!!

Date: April 03, 2009 09:45PM

he didnt bail we needed draft picks, so we got some for him and gave him the option of a few teams, to go make a run at the superbowl because NO ONE expected 11.5 so why not bring him back and make a run at i this year, let him retire as a SB champ. and be done with it. good god hed at least get 6 sacks next year. especialy with porter and cameron wake. it prob be more.

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: April 04, 2009 03:07AM

I think there's not much chance of him playing here again. For one thing, I think the breakup wasn't too nice. For another, why have a guy on your team who isn't going to play long. It just gets in the way of a young player trying to move up. I don't see him taking anyone under his wing, either.

The only advantage I see is that we won't have to draft an OLB in the first round. Instead, we can draft Duke Robinson or Harvin/DHB/Nicks/Britt. Something significant for the Offense.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 04, 2009 07:20AM

FinMan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Exactly................and we gave a shot to a
> mediocre Akron player--and made him a star....then
> he bailed--A true Fin NEVER bails...we have a name
> for Finz that bail.....they are called a
> Patriot!!!

So Larry Csonka wasn't a "true Fin" ? Ridiculous.

He made himself a star by working hard. Nobody did it for him. We got 10 years of ridiculous production from a 4th round pick. He earned his money and then some. He also reworked his contract a couple of times as well.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: April 04, 2009 11:52AM

thank you good god once again fans that no nothing putting in two cents of retardation, i dont care i would take him back for this year, you know why fellas? i believe we can go all the way and if the team AND him believe that then we will get the best out of him, and him being doubled alot, helps with porter, and wake to get the sack. i believe we are going to be 2009 superbowl champions the miami dolphins, it just sounds like it is our year? i mean read it? it looks the fit.

Posted by: Rmorc13 ()
Date: April 04, 2009 11:52AM

Jt didn't bail on us. Jt was tired of losing. His entire time with our beloved phins we had a great defense and we couldnt move the ball. You cant win if your offense cannot move the ball.

Jt gave his heart and soul to this team.

Date: April 04, 2009 02:16PM

The SB is in Miami next year. Home field advantage.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: April 08, 2009 07:11AM

I don't blame him...I think he split in haste, saw no chance of ever getting a ring or at that time even making the playoffs. I loved him as a player.

He is getting old though.

Date: April 08, 2009 07:31AM

Jt is going to be 35 but he has been relatively healthy his entire career without any major injuries.

Strahan retired at 36 but still had gas in the tank.

Reggie White retired at 39.

Bruce Smith played until he was 40 and also played at a more physical position (3-4 DE)

Kevin Greene played until he was 37 and had 12 sacks in his last year.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 08, 2009 09:54AM

eesti Wrote:
> Jt is going to be 35 but he has been relatively
> healthy his entire career without any major
> injuries.
>
> Strahan retired at 36 but still had gas in the
> tank.
>
> Reggie White retired at 39.
>
> Bruce Smith played until he was 40 and also played
> at a more physical position (3-4 DE)
>
> Kevin Greene played until he was 37 and had 12
> sacks in his last year.

JT has a serious injury last year. He's also much lighter than Smith and White but took a lot more hits (at DE) than Strahan.

Date: April 08, 2009 04:45PM

OK, his injury was serious but only because of the blood clot. It was fixed and does not carry the lingering effects of a torn acl/mcl, dislocation, broken bone, etc.

Where do you come up with this stuff? Took more hits than Strahan? How do you figure that? If he is lighter, it just means that his joints aren't taking the abuse of a bigger player.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 08, 2009 05:04PM

eesti Wrote:

> Where do you come up with this stuff? Took more
> hits than Strahan? How do you figure that?
A DE sits closer to the O-Line and takes more wear and tear than an OLB.

> If he
> is lighter, it just means that his joints aren't
> taking the abuse of a bigger player.
That's ridiculous. As a DE he went against Tackles much heavier than him day-in day-out. Even for a 4-3 DE, he's lighter than average. Lighter RBs and WRs aren't typically known for their durability. Doesn't the same apply to DE's?

Date: April 08, 2009 08:32PM

no it does not apply to de's there forcing the hit, you ever play football? i played de for 3 years. i was a sacking machine, its easy and the worst punishment you take is from the damn rb or wr throwing a block, good god man, you obviously never played on a offensive or defensive line, i have on both as guard and tackle defense and offense. getting up and engaging your block to open your hole, or keep him off the qb, is your doing alot of hands work, to work him where you need him to go, its your assignment, and as a de, when not sitting back waiting for the play to come your way in a run, or taking the te, you rush the play and go for the qb, or rb, to make the play, and alot of angles ive used your at a almost sidways, rush, which when i was blocked by the rb, i mostly threw him with my momentum, so to say going agaisnt BIG tackles is abuse you never played, going against lb/de is abuse.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.