HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          HENNE ERA BEGINS
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
HENNE ERA BEGINS
Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: March 27, 2009 08:29AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: HENNE ERA BEGINS
Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: March 27, 2009 08:35AM

I think that the plans for Henne to start are for 2010, which is not really news. Pennington, as it stands now, is still the starter for 2009. The only way we will see that change is if Pennington gets injured or traded.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: March 27, 2009 08:50AM

Chad P is going to start week 1. And that is the point that they start gauging his play against what Chad H showed in pre-season.

If Pennington is accurate, moves the chains, and we score 6 points in the red zone...then Henne will have to wait.

If the offense is 'decent' but struggles to stretch the field, or take advantage of 1 on 1 coverage, and we are looking like a 4-2 or 5-3 team, or is settling for FG's.........and Henne has a good pre-season?

look for a bye week switch.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 27, 2009 09:09AM

I agree.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: March 28, 2009 03:27AM

Henne would need receivers. The receivers we have on our team right now work better with Pennington. There's some nice chemistry between Pennington and guys like Camarillo and Bess, and throwing to TE's, etc.

Henne would have Ginn, who is coming along, but when we draft a top notch WR in round two, then that will set things up nicely for Henne. That's what he needs. And when you think about it, that may be what Trifecta figured all along, because last year we couldn't afford wide receivers and they knew Henne would struggle without them. Pennington is more experienced, is the game manager, and could function without them. So it's all set up perfectly.

Parcells saying we need firepower? Henne being worked into the offense? High end WR's from the draft being scouted? Two, not one pick in the second round? It all points to a nice WR being drafted by Miami.

Date: March 28, 2009 03:59AM

I would like to see HENNE get his own brand new TE in this years draft, and a young RB, if I may be so bold to suggest. Fasano and Martin are UFA after this season.

Its nice to see our offensive line is set-up very nicely for the future.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 28, 2009 04:29AM

DaytonaDolfan13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would like to see HENNE get his own brand new TE
> in this years draft, and a young RB, if I may be
> so bold to suggest. Fasano and Martin are UFA
> after this season.
>
I'd like to see us sign Fasano to a long-term contract this season. Not so sold on Martin, but Fasano looks like he could be a Pro Bowler someday.

Date: March 28, 2009 04:32AM

thumbs up

Date: March 28, 2009 04:34AM

When I saw HENNE destroy the GATORS 2 years ago, I got this special feeling...that he was the 'answer.'

Date: March 28, 2009 05:56AM

i swear to god do you guys watch games? the dolphins play? our reciving core is nice! granted we dont have a T.O ou there but it looks like alot of wes welkers. and all of our TE'S and RB'S catch the ball pretty nice you will see, granted he has better arm than pennington, but with an improved O-line you will see a better passing attack. and brandon london will do alot more this year if you want a reciver in the draft take robeskie. thats it. stock talking smack about our recivers, jesus you act as if there retards dropping the ball!!!!!! or fumbling alot.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 28, 2009 06:20AM

sheesh, the team does not want Henne to play till 2010. They have named Penny the starter for 2009. If Henne plays in 2009 it means (1) Penny got injured or (2) the team is playing terribly and/or is out of the playoff race. Do you really think they would replace Penny is he was playing well or we were in contention? That is the scenario you think the team is planning on?

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: March 28, 2009 07:21AM

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: March 28, 2009 07:45AM

Date: March 28, 2009 09:29AM

what i mean is a true nuber one wr, is not going to send this team to the superbowl, so instead of throwing alot of money with next year's cap and FA's spend it on the foundation of football SMASHmouth running and dominating defense. and we dont need another tight end, fasano good for 4 years or so, and martin is getting old but we have joey, which looked nice in the limited roll he had last year, be stupid to draft a tight end. and get off the henne train let the man savor it for another year, let him get alot of reps in the preseason, and bench him making him more hungary, let him complete alot of solid training and give him the mind set to go out and destroy, and next year after one more solid draft he should have a solid foundation to stand on, and make a run too the superbowl, for the next 3 years.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: March 28, 2009 12:21PM

It would be stupid to draft a TE? Do you realize that both Fasano and Martin can be free agents at the end of the year? And it's not likely that we'll be spending the money to sign both. It's been reported that the Dolphins have already worked out or inquired about James Casey, Jared Cook, and Cornelius Ingram. I think it's a really good bet that we bring in a TE with one of our picks in the first 4 rounds.

Posted by: grooves12 ()
Date: March 28, 2009 02:48PM

realist Wrote:

> If the offense is 'decent' but struggles to
> stretch the field, or take advantage of 1 on 1
> coverage, and we are looking like a 4-2 or 5-3
> team, or is settling for FG's.........and Henne
> has a good pre-season?

A 4-2 or 5-3 team would change their starting QB?? I seriously doubt it, even if we are struggling a little on offense... that kind of record would indicate the QB is "managing" the games well, as the sort of record played out over the season = playoffs.

If we go into the bye with a LOSING record, and are struggling to move the chains, and those problems are coming primarily from the QB position, then we might see a change. But, really that would only happen if Henne looks great in the offseason practices and preseason.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: March 28, 2009 03:58PM

If you notice the word 'AND'( twice) it indicates multiple conditions leading to the change.

One would be our team being 4-2, 5-3...and the other condition would be that the offense is 'mediocre'.

Another would be if we can't stretch the field, or if we face a lot of Man coverage and can't burn them then it would indicate that the running game and the defense are the reason we are 4-2, 5-3.

The other condition would be that Henne showed some good things in pre-season.

That would create a situation where the Trifecta could safely conclude that our QB play would not get us far into the play-offs, that Henne would have the support of a good running game & defense, and that they would not be tossing in the towell since Henne looked promising.

They want Henne to start in 2010...they are not assuming that it will be after we win a Superbowl, they are figuring that we are not there yet, and that we need to get him ready so that 2010 we CAN be a legitimate contender. If they feel THAT strongly that he is the 2010 guy...then they will look for a good time to insert him in 2009.

the only way Pennington keeps his starting job all season is to have a gret season, throw TD's and keep this team at the top of the AFC East...any signs of mediocrity or inability to complete drives with 6 points...and it will be a switcheroo.

it is logical and sound.

Date: March 28, 2009 07:11PM

FROM 0 QBs to 2 QBs, very niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Date: March 29, 2009 05:27AM

we will be 12/4 next year and in the playoff's so im not worried at all.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 29, 2009 06:22AM

They made that statement becasue it makes sense in order to motivate both players....,brilliant really. Pennington has never put back to back successful healthy years, the coaches know this, so does Pennington. SO this statement motivates the hell out of Pennington. He knows his history and how long he has been in the NFL and I bet he is in the best shape of his life for this tenth season. Now you have Henne, he got to see the other 2 Rookie QB's drafted ahead of him who he thinks he is better then lead their teams to the playoffs right out of the gates as Rookies. SO that probably bothers him a bit. This statement reinsures Henne how highly the TRI think of him and for him to be ready and keep improving for his shot is planned to be near. Now if Pennington leads us deep into the playoffs this year, it is obvious without a trade offer for Pennington, he would continue to start for 2010 season. SO basicly a brilliant motivational statement, that has absolutely no downside to it with a mature QB like CHad P and young anxious less mature Henne. The TRI is so much slicker then how we handled things in the past. The question is what they will say next year if Pennington leads us deep, obviously common sense would tell Henne he has to wait one more year, probably without a mention from the Coaches about it.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 29, 2009 06:48AM

This really reminds me of the type of Veterans Parcell's wants on the team. He acted similar to Jason Taylor. The difference is Pennington uses it to show that he is just as committed if not more then he was as a rookie player or second year player. WHich is what the coaches wanted, JT complained and acted like he wasn't appreciated and resisted. My guess Pennington has an amazing year!!! And we all know how JT's year went. Obviosuly there is a big difference in veteran attitudes around the leauge and the TRi wants to weed them off of our team!

Posted by: grooves12 ()
Date: March 29, 2009 07:54AM

realist Wrote:
> If you notice the word 'AND'( twice) it indicates
> multiple conditions leading to the change.
>
> One would be our team being 4-2, 5-3...and the
> other condition would be that the offense is
> 'mediocre'.
>
> Another would be if we can't stretch the field, or
> if we face a lot of Man coverage and can't burn
> them then it would indicate that the running game
> and the defense are the reason we are 4-2, 5-3.
>
> The other condition would be that Henne showed
> some good things in pre-season.
>
> That would create a situation where the Trifecta
> could safely conclude that our QB play would not
> get us far into the play-offs, that Henne would
> have the support of a good running game & defense,
> and that they would not be tossing in the towell
> since Henne looked promising.
>
>
> They want Henne to start in 2010...they are not
> assuming that it will be after we win a Superbowl,
> they are figuring that we are not there yet, and
> that we need to get him ready so that 2010 we CAN
> be a legitimate contender. If they feel THAT
> strongly that he is the 2010 guy...then they will
> look for a good time to insert him in 2009.
>
> the only way Pennington keeps his starting job all
> season is to have a gret season, throw TD's and
> keep this team at the top of the AFC East...any
> signs of mediocrity or inability to complete
> drives with 6 points...and it will be a
> switcheroo.
>
>
> it is logical and sound.

I understood your position... I just disagree that it is a likely scenario. Coaches and management in the NFL are NOT and never have been risk takers. Like you said, 4-2 or 5-3 without stretching the field means our defense and running game are working AND it likely means our QB is playing smart and not making mistakes, even if he isn't stretching the field or is missing plays. The risk is that you put Henne in, he throws a bunch of picks, you break his confidence, and you ruin any shot of playoffs for the rest of the team who were playing well to the midpoint in the season, possibly losing their confidence in the long-term.

I just don't see a scenario like that playing out. Several teams have proven you can win in the playoffs (and even the Super Bowl) with a game manager. So, I think the only way there is a switch midseason (barring injury) is if we have a winning record AND the QB play is HORRIBLE, which I don't see happening with Pennington. Or, we have a losing record with mediocre play at the QB, and switching things up would be seen as a move that wouldn't impact the seasons results in any negative way.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 29, 2009 12:40PM

Posted by: Rmorc13 ()
Date: March 29, 2009 12:41PM

I think henne starts in 2010. He might have the job mid season through!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: March 29, 2009 01:12PM

Date: March 30, 2009 04:26AM

id say because i believe that we will win it all this year, i got my reason's that pennington will be our starter for the next 3 years. maybe 2 then henne will get his shot, unless injuries.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 30, 2009 04:43AM

No way the next 3 years. This is Penne's last season as Miami Dolphins starting QB.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: March 30, 2009 07:18AM

Date: March 30, 2009 08:06AM

HENNE become greatest MICHIGAN QB ever 2013 - SuperBowl rings!, and F brady!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2009 08:22AM by DaytonaDolfan13.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 30, 2009 08:16AM

What? confused smileyconfused smiley

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.