Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          NFL suspends Dion Jordan....................
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
NFL suspends Dion Jordan....................
Date: July 03, 2014 11:53AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NFL suspends Dion Jordan....................
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: July 03, 2014 12:02PM

I wish Ireland was still here so we could fire him........this blows

Date: July 03, 2014 12:32PM

Doesn't the team have trainers and Doctors that watch out for this shit!!? I mean the kid gained 17 pounds of in 1 off season and lowered his body fatconfused smiley. Does it take a Doctorate to say hmmmmmmm that's a lot , lets get him a blood test? I mean really? WTF?

Kid did not play well last year. He wanted an edge. I'm telling you I do not feel good about this. Now he has NO FING VALUE. We are stuck with him and I hope he can still play without the juice. thumbs down

This kinda ruined my 4th of July sprit. sad smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: July 03, 2014 12:43PM

I know what your saying treasure, this is not good by any means, but trading him was never really an option because of cap ramifications, if i'm not mistaken, we would of taken a huge hit trading him this soon. We just gotta hope this kid turns it around because he's not off to a very good start. Thank god OV emerged last year.

Date: July 03, 2014 01:07PM

If they were going to just keep him as back up to Cam Wake no big dealio but I was hoping they were going to find a position for him. But I just don't think he is going to turn out to be all that. I just feel it in my gut. But I'm really disappointed in this team. Who is watching out for what these kids take? Who is giving physicals? Doesn't the Team have any input into what he takes to train?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: July 03, 2014 01:33PM

What was he.....the no. 3 or 4 guy picked in the first round? I don't think we drafted him just to back up Wake as opposed to being another pass rushing point of pressure at the same time as Wake which I thought. If we did use a no. 3 for a backup, then we were stupider than I even ever imagined.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: July 03, 2014 03:12PM

This is disappointing, but I think 90% of the NFL players use PED's so I really don't care all that much.

Its disappointing that he has to miss 4 weeks, but I'm more upset that he was dumb enough to get caught.

Date: July 03, 2014 04:34PM

Date: July 03, 2014 04:50PM

Calm, calm.

Date: July 03, 2014 09:11PM

Its not even like we are going to Miss him. he did nothing last year. I just wanted to get a pick for someone we could use. This was Irelands last little kick in the Nads to us. That little Sumbitch. lets get rid of this dude for a second rounder right now and move on.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: July 04, 2014 03:44AM

players get suspended for this stuff all the time and get reinstated and everyone moves on like nothing ever happened. it sucks he's out for 4 games but it's not like the sky is falling or he pulled an aaron hernandez. nothing to lose sleep over

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: July 04, 2014 03:57AM

This supports my belief that many in professional sports and entertainment aren't too smart and ethical. That applies to the players and those around them that provide advice. "Stupid is as stupid does."

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: July 04, 2014 06:14AM

And the moron beat continues in Miami. This was a wasted pick at number 3 to begin with so comes as no surprise to me any stupid ass thing that happens with this team. Jordan sucks and thats all there is to it. Now to blame coaches and trainers and stuff is not right. You cant tell me this guy didnt specifically pick whatever he took to bulk up and when he did bulk up he is quite capable of saying oh shit this is not good. These guys are smart enough to cash million dollar checks then they should be smart enough to check the freaking internet to see if its on the banned list. Im sick of hearing how these pussys need to be motivated to work and to earn millions and need babysitters. and for gods sake hold your own damn water bottle

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: July 04, 2014 10:07AM

A little bummed, but not the end of the world.
If the physical advantage gained by using the PEDs pays off, then the 4 game sacrifice could be worth it.
I still think the guy is a freak of an athlete, and may yet live up to his draft position.
The trend in most of Ireland's picks is they take a year or two to develop into a VERY good player. Odrick, Vernon, Misi, Tannehill to name a few. Raw players who have the physical, and mental make up to become exceptional. JM being the fatal exception.
Who knows, Jordan may show up fresh in game 5 and rip off 4 sacks.
Then all will be forgotten.

Date: July 04, 2014 10:12AM

Freak of athletes don't have to juice.

Zack Thomas and JT were never FREAKS. Very undersized for their positions and anything Ideal. I'm knew this guy was all show and no go. I hope to hell someone can pull this thread and make me eat it in two seasons. I'll just add ketchup. And he might very well be good.......but a 1st and second rounder!? He will never match Wake. NEVER. We need O lineman. and a Linebacker. Godamn that extra draft pick would have been nice next season. Oh well. sad smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: July 04, 2014 11:46AM

Jordan says it was a stimulent...not steroids. Either way though he should have checked with the team doctor first. He'll lose around $800K so maybe this will be the wake up call and it never happens again. One thing is for sure though, he'll be well rested when he gets on the field for us. So, hopefully he has a very strong last 3/4 of the season. That would only help the team if he does.

Date: July 05, 2014 08:03AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> players get suspended for this stuff all the time
> and get reinstated and everyone moves on like
> nothing ever happened. it sucks he's out for 4
> games but it's not like the sky is falling or he
> pulled an aaron hernandez. nothing to lose sleep
> over

Exactly Berk. At least he's in good company...

Julius Peppers, Brian Cushing, Dwayne Bowe, Shawne Merriman, Tamba Hali, Joe Haden, Von Miller, Robert Mathis, etc., etc...

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: July 05, 2014 09:19AM

Guys need to dry their panties on this.Jordan will get thru this and be the damn good DE that he is. I am sure the team is ok w/ this. I see this the same as Philbin telling his dumb a** Olinemen to toughen up Martin. Same thing w/ Jordon. Go strengthen up kid (wink wink).

Posted by: kelreign ()
Date: July 05, 2014 09:35AM

Thank God Olivier Vernon turned out to Supersede expectations.

Date: July 05, 2014 02:31PM

kelreign Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank God Olivier Vernon turned out to Supersede
> expectations.

Good point.

This is why you can never have enough pass rushers.

If all we had was Wake, and it was he who got suspended or got hurt, then our edge rush disappears. Now we have Wake, Vernon, Jordan and Shelby.

Hopefully Fede develops into another option at DE.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: July 05, 2014 05:02PM

This is escalating into another Tedd Ginn Jr. Fiasco... this team is cursed!

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: July 06, 2014 01:54AM

what a bunch of chicken littles.

Date: July 06, 2014 08:09AM

Just YOUR opinion allowed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.