HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Marlins get their own stadium
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Marlins get their own stadium
Posted by: JasonGuess ()
Date: March 24, 2009 04:51AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marlins get their own stadium
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: March 24, 2009 05:23AM

waste of money. The team doesnt draw. New stadium novelty will wear off after a few months. New stadium doesn't change the weather in south florida. People down there don't care about baseball.

It's good that they are out of our stadium.......but this is an utter waste of money

Date: March 24, 2009 06:18AM

the marlins ABOUT TIME THEY GET THERE OWN PLACE! whohooooo about time we get a all solid football field OH YEAH!!!!

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: March 24, 2009 07:12AM

I have never understood why the Marlins don't draw. With the huge Cuban population in Miami I just don't get it. Cubans have always been big baseball people.

Anyway, it's good to see the Dolphins Stadium become all football again.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 24, 2009 07:26AM

Can't happen soon enough! 3 more years on dirt.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: JC ()
Date: March 24, 2009 09:32AM

Leon In Denver Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have never understood why the Marlins don't
> draw. With the huge Cuban population in Miami I
> just don't get it. Cubans have always been big
> baseball people.
>
> Anyway, it's good to see the Dolphins Stadium
> become all football again.

I posed the exact same question on here about a year ago and nobody could explain it then either.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: March 24, 2009 11:29AM

Leon In Denver Wrote:
> I have never understood why the Marlins don't
> draw. With the huge Cuban population in Miami I
> just don't get it. Cubans have always been big
> baseball people.
>

------------------- no people like getting rained on

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: March 24, 2009 11:57AM

The new stadium is right in the heart of little Havana, so I think the location will help attendance for sure, especially with Cubans that love baseball. Dolphin Stadium is just to out of place for weeknight games and there is horrible traffic going northbound at rush hour which cuts off half of miami from attending those games comfortably. I hope the Marlins do well! smiling smiley

Posted by: ThaFishula13 ()
Date: March 24, 2009 12:09PM

To answer your question Leon, I'm a cuban from miami and I think toko34 answered it very well, the location and traffic is horrible coming from the south and there is something else. The damn owners of the Marlins tease the fans, they build a good young team and then they let all the good players get away, if you can't pay the good players then how can they expect people to come see the games. I'm not a Marlins fan but there's plenty of people around me that are. They've won the championship twice and the year right after they let everyone go, whenever they have a good young talented player they always let them get away with exception of Hanley Ramirez. We have alot of baseball bandwagon fans here, the most faithful fans here are by far dolphin fans. Go DOLPHINS!!!!!!!! Finally they can stop messing up the football field.

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: March 24, 2009 12:26PM

It's all about the local TV contract the organization can hook up.
Based on demographic and veiwership, the Marlins can't afford to pay the overpriced salaries that the current day superstar demands.
The Marlins and most of the other small market teams become farm systems for the large market teams.
There needs to be revenue sharing and salary cap in order for the Marlins to keep their young, homegrown talent.
Oh yeah, and hell needs to freeze over too.

Date: March 24, 2009 12:29PM

ThaFishula13. Okay, now I get it. And thanks to the others that responded.

Free Agency in pro sports have ruined the loyalty. I don't know what the answer is but it sucks.

The Rockies have let good young players go as well and it has hurt attendance. Seems like every year the team is different.

At least our Phins are finally on the right track again.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: March 25, 2009 05:15AM

A salary cap for baseball would help as well, but as long as people like the Steinbrenners are running the show, that won't happen.

Date: March 28, 2009 04:09AM

I can't wait for the MARLINS new stadium. Not too too psyched about the NAME CHANGE, i like FLORIDA MARLINS..we have history with it. I know miami is puting up $$. But what next? will we one day be called the Florida Dolphins?

Yeah the YANKS may rule the world of baseball, but its nice to know we have beaten them in their own HOUSE that BABE RUTH built.

And even though the trades that dealt away our rising allstars still resinate BECKETT, MIGGY, DTRAIN- you have to love the talent we brought in HANLEY and MAYBIN.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 28, 2009 07:50AM

Have you ever been to a day game? Or a night game for that matter?

The reason they don't draw is because nobody wants to sit outside in a Florida swamp (yes JRS was built over a swamp) during mid summer. The roof on the new stadium - as well as its proximity to Little Havana - will make it draw.

Posted by: Rmorc13 ()
Date: March 29, 2009 12:42PM

I can't wait till they get rid of that infield dirt at the beginning of the year.

Date: March 31, 2009 07:24PM

Here's my opening day line-up for the MARLINS.

1- CF CAMERON MAYBIN
2- LF JEREMY HERMIDA
3- SS HANLEY RAMERIZ
4- 1B JORGE CANTU
5- 2B DAN UGGLA
6- RF CODY ROSS
7- 3B DALLAS McPHERSON
8- C JOHN BAKER
9- P RICKY NOLASCO

Date: April 01, 2009 12:17PM

ghotirule Wrote:
> Have you ever been to a day game? Or a night game
> for that matter?
>
> The reason they don't draw is because nobody wants
> to sit outside in a Florida swamp (yes JRS was
> built over a swamp) during mid summer.

I have to disagree with you on this. I used to drive right by Calder race track and the area that JRS was built every day. That area was not a swamp. Just a field waiting to be sucked up by and investment company and built upon. Housing development across 27 which at the time was a two lane road hooking up with the Palmeto ByPass.
Sure wish I had the money to buy that land back then.

I remember one day, or should I say night, comming off the By Pass and shooting north up the newly widened 27. Got a speeding ticket, but beat it in court because the did not have any speed limit signs up yet.
Swamp? Nope.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.