HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          NFL stadiums
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
NFL stadiums
Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: May 20, 2014 09:33AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NFL stadiums
Date: May 20, 2014 09:33AM

Date: May 20, 2014 09:38AM

Date: May 20, 2014 09:44AM

Date: May 20, 2014 10:07AM

Date: May 20, 2014 10:41AM

Jets and Giants....because Assholes play there

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 20, 2014 11:30AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 20, 2014 11:31AM

the one they are building the vickings is very nice too.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: May 20, 2014 12:02PM

I would almost rather have us build a new stadium then the weird remodel adaptation that has been proposed... These stadium designs are modern and impressive, ours is still going to look like a 30 year old stadium with some band aides and lipstick on it...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 20, 2014 01:20PM

LOL on that Jets stadium.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: May 20, 2014 01:37PM

Good for the Vikings and their fans.

The City and State are funding 51% of the stadium. They deserve a big fat pay day like the Super Bowl for supporting their team and keeping them in Minnesota.

In local news....S. Florida politicians have shot down two different proposals from the Dolphins owner that would have required much less of a contribution in public funds, or even Zero contributions from the city and state. Yippee!

Maybe the 3rd proposal to pay for all renovations out of pocket in exchange for a cut of all non-Dolphins events held at the facility will get the job done. Somehow I doubt it.

Date: May 20, 2014 02:17PM

Date: May 20, 2014 02:23PM

JoeFootball Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 400 mil for a make-over or 1 bil for a new one?
>

>
> Best case would be to move out of that
> neighborhood all together. Could probably happen
> if we start WINNING again.
>

A new stadium in LA is going to cost us $1.5-2b.

Of course, the city would likely cover 75% of that.

Date: May 20, 2014 02:43PM

Exactly Joe, besides the difference in architecture of the lipstick job and a newly designed stadium, the seats are still too far away from the field... If you are going to do it, do it all the way... Problem is Mr Ross still owes a lot of money from the last renovation Wayne did around 2006... They also need to put some type of roof on the place not only for rain Super Bowl problems but also to make the visitor side a more desirable seat... That side is sunburn city during the 1pm games...

Truth- the Dolphins aren't moving to LA it doesn't make any sense.. We are a highly desired market. If they move a team out of Miami, the first priority of the NFL would be to get a team back to Miami...There are a lot weaker markets then Miami who have teams that would make a lot more sense to move to LA... Plus the amount of big money pouring into south fla from Cali, New York and internationally trumps any other location in the country as far as growth and desirability.. The south fla market and economy is booming stronger then anywhere else in the country with Texas right in the game as well... Business men and companies are running from states like NY and Cali right now because of the incredible tax burdens..

If they hire Marino to sell the stadium to the locals, they could raise a lot of money pretty quickly... Ross just isn't the best guy or face to do it in south fla IMO..

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: May 20, 2014 03:57PM

It really needs the retractable roof and the ability to generate revenue from many different sources. Moto-x, monster truck, big ticket concerts, bowl games, hockey, SuperBowl. Everything.

Innovative and state of the art. Something different. Dallas, Minneapolis and Arizona have bad ass stadiums.

I wasn't talking about moving out of state of course. Just out of that area. Walking at night just back to the sports hotel was not real fun. Real estate is expensive and 160 acres isn't easy to come by but it's not impossible.

It's like building a mansion in a neighborhood full of 50k homes. Not a good investment.

Date: May 20, 2014 04:00PM

Date: May 20, 2014 04:03PM

Date: May 20, 2014 09:36PM

Date: May 21, 2014 03:34AM

Expanding and revitalizing the area would be a huge undertaking IMO since it's all residential but he could still develop the land the stadium sits on and make some money back. 160 acres, 6-8 houses per acre, 960 homes or use it for mixed use/retail/condo's, etc since there is a track right next door.

Orlando sucks IMO so I would not really want that...even though it would be a closer commute. Nothing I really want to go to Orlando for and I lived there for a few years.

I loved the idea of mono rails throughout the state but we would have to get rid of Skeletor first since he shot that down for the most part. I would love to be able to take a high speed train to and from the game on Sunday. No drinking and driving. That would be a better experience. Turn a 4 hour drive into 2 with a restaurant/bar on the train.

Also like the aquarium idea but not locking up dolphins for human amusement. Maybe a sea-life/dolphin rescue.

Date: May 21, 2014 03:46AM

Date: May 21, 2014 06:01AM

Yikes....$100 each way. I can fly to Chicago and back for under 250 most of the time.

Posted by: Sickofit+1 ()
Date: May 21, 2014 06:31AM

100 bucks is too steep. I love the ole school stadium screw a roof. Swear to god a bunch of babies and who cares if we ever get a bs again it's not like any of us can afford to go to it. Would you even really want too? I say make a new stadium and bring seats as close as possible to the field.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: May 21, 2014 06:41AM

With that Arizona stadium, do the fans sit inside (and watch on monitors) while the game's played outside?

Posted by: BobT ()
Date: May 21, 2014 07:13AM

montequi Wrote:
> With that Arizona stadium, do the fans sit inside
> (and watch on monitors) while the game's played
> outside?

The grass field is on big tracks, and slides inside of the stadium for the game. It stays outside only for sun to grow the grass. I often have wondered if some joker could hack the system, and make the field start moving outside during a game? Now THAT would be interesting to watch!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 21, 2014 11:56AM

No football team is ever coming to L.A. because the politicians insist that it go into the most crime-ridden part of the inner city and that's a "no go" for most owners because they know that they cannot build a traveling base of ticket holders to come there.

They tried Irwindale, which would have made a lot of sense but there was no political support enough to swing it.

Date: May 21, 2014 12:37PM

JoeFootball Wrote:
> Expanding and revitalizing the area would be a
> huge undertaking IMO since it's all residential
> but he could still develop the land the stadium
> sits on and make some money back. 160 acres, 6-8
> houses per acre, 960 homes or use it for mixed
> use/retail/condo's, etc since there is a track
> right next door.
>
> Orlando sucks IMO so I would not really want
> that...even though it would be a closer commute.
> Nothing I really want to go to Orlando for and I
> lived there for a few years.
>
> I loved the idea of mono rails throughout the
> state but we would have to get rid of Skeletor
> first since he shot that down for the most part. I
> would love to be able to take a high speed train
> to and from the game on Sunday. No drinking and
> driving. That would be a better experience. Turn a
> 4 hour drive into 2 with a restaurant/bar on the
> train.
>
> Also like the aquarium idea but not locking up
> dolphins for human amusement. Maybe a
> sea-life/dolphin rescue.

Could be just outside Orlando. There are some great spots just south of there that have access to the Beeline HWY and 95/Turnpike.
My point is they can find a blank canvas with a county willing to work with them. Miami Dade has become a shithole. Filled with programs and people who TAKE more then they want to give. Miami Dolphins have become a charity sponsor while other Teams get royalty treatment where they live and play.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 21, 2014 01:17PM

BobT Wrote:
> montequi Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > With that Arizona stadium, do the fans sit
> inside
> > (and watch on monitors) while the game's played
> > outside?
>
>
> The grass field is on big tracks, and slides
> inside of the stadium for the game. It stays
> outside only for sun to grow the grass. I often
> have wondered if some joker could hack the system,
> and make the field start moving outside during a
> game? Now THAT would be interesting to watch!

Moving the field outside keeps the grass alive while allowing them to hold concerts and other events in the facility without having to put flooring over the grass for days at a time and killing it.

A very unique concept.

Date: May 21, 2014 02:10PM

JoeFootball Wrote:
> Yikes....$100 each way. I can fly to Chicago and
> back for under 250 most of the time.

Yeah it is a lot but I don't think they are set on 100 each way ticket... They are going to need to be competitive with other forms of travel.. And you can buy a roundtrip airline ticket from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando for about 115 dollars... But this is the Florida east coast railway doing this, not a federal govt subsidized system. And they are spending somewhere between 1.5 billion to 2.5 billion to do it depending on estimates I have read. That isn't cheap either.. It is a private company that will actually create quite a bit of tax dollars(35million a year) rather then spend them.. It will reduce traffic and carbon emissions... Since it is a private company the price will be set by market demand or what the market will bare. It will also have to be efficient and not wasteful... Being a private company it is like UPS or Fedex vs the cost and losses of the USPS...
I hope it is cheaper but I like the idea rather then loading both kids and the wife into the car for a long road trip to Disney... Sleeping, having my laptop being able to walk around for a 2.5 hour trip from Lauderdale sounds pretty darn good to me...

Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2014 02:11PM by Crowder52.

Date: May 21, 2014 02:13PM

THE Truth Wrote:
> BobT Wrote:
> -----
> > montequi Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > With that Arizona stadium, do the fans sit
> > inside
> > > (and watch on monitors) while the game's
> played
> > > outside?
> >
> >
> > The grass field is on big tracks, and slides
> > inside of the stadium for the game. It stays
> > outside only for sun to grow the grass. I often
> > have wondered if some joker could hack the
> system,
> > and make the field start moving outside during
> a
> > game? Now THAT would be interesting to watch!
>
>
>
> Moving the field outside keeps the grass alive
> while allowing them to hold concerts and other
> events in the facility without having to put
> flooring over the grass for days at a time and
> killing it.
>
>
> A very unique concept.

That is amazing....

Nietzsche

Date: July 25, 2014 09:30AM

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.