HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          F'd up again
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
F'd up again
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: May 10, 2014 10:13AM

We take a 3rd string TE before taking a QB when you QB isn't proven!!! Should have take Murray! Damn it

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: F'd up again
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 10, 2014 10:19AM

Or AJ McCarron who I like even better.

Date: May 10, 2014 10:24AM

Murray McCarron, Fales. Is mettenberger still out there? Don't want to admit already Tannehill may not be the answer, in a league heavily QB driven we take a backup blocking TE! Is Ireland still here?

Date: May 10, 2014 10:26AM

or is he listening to the "never can be wrong" statue, stone headed and stone minded Joe PhimFlam.

Date: May 10, 2014 10:27AM

What does taking Aiken say about last years 2nd & 3rd round CB picks?

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 10, 2014 10:32AM

I don't get taking a blocking TE when we took Simms last year. Aren't they the same type of player? We are certanly not keeping 2 "block first" TEs on the roster.

Date: May 10, 2014 10:35AM

Again the logic is baffling especially when you can get backup TE's off the waiver wire

Date: May 10, 2014 10:39AM

I hope Tripp can be a KJ Wright type player the Seahawks snagged a few back

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: May 10, 2014 10:41AM

obviously we're going ground and pound --

we'll be running the new east coast hamster offense this season...

True story!

We're taking best available fat ass from here on out.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: May 10, 2014 10:42AM

jlyell13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Murray McCarron, Fales. Is mettenberger still out
> there? Don't want to admit already Tannehill may
> not be the answer, in a league heavily QB driven
> we take a backup blocking TE! Is Ireland still
> here?

How many 5th round QB's in the league today are "the answer"??

Date: May 10, 2014 10:54AM

How many high round QB busts are there? Mettenberger gone to titans. Still have a feeling Murray could be like passing on Brees. Pats have Brady , and Mallet, and took a QB in the second. Some of these guys dropped due to injuries

Date: May 10, 2014 11:12AM

And remind him (TT) that he had McCarron on one of his own lists.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: May 10, 2014 11:14AM

jlyell13 Wrote:
> How many high round QB busts are there?
> Mettenberger gone to titans. Still have a feeling
> Murray could be like passing on Brees. Pats have
> Brady , and Mallet, and took a QB in the second.
> Some of these guys dropped due to injuries

Guys drop every year due to injuries, drugs, etc. First round picks bust at around a 50% rate, depending on how you define "bust".

Once again...How many 5th round (or later) picks in today's NFL are "the answer" for their team????

There's Brady, who is ticketed for Canton.

And Romo, who wasn't drafted, and if you ask most Cowboy fans, isn't the answer,

annnnndd....??????

(Nobody)

Getting upset over NOT taking a backup QB in the 5th round is silly.

If Tannehill isn't "the answer" then the odds that we passed on the "the answer" in the 5th round of this draft are FAR more astronomical than the odds that we will find in the 1st or 2nd round of one of the next two or three drafts.

Date: May 10, 2014 11:17AM

At best, Tanny is still a question mark.

San Diego had Brees and got Rivers because they were uncomfortable with what they saw.

Now, obviously Brees became a SB winner and Rivers has not but that was an example of where they could have stuck with what they had but then again, there are the Drew Bledsoes also. Patsies took a Tom Brady in the 6th round and look what that did.

Spookily, they, the Patriots, took Jimmy Garropoulo who I liked better than the rest of the class.

If this was Tanny's third year LIKE IT WAS DAN MARINO'S THIRD YEAR.....then you don't worry about QB but to admit that he is a question mark when you have only an Aging Matt Moore and a Pat Devlin who Phimflam won't let play, even in garbage time, to see what he's got, well.... it's frustrating.

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: May 10, 2014 11:23AM

Quarterback? Quarterback?

Are you serious? We have Aaron Rodgers brother on our team. What more could you ask for?

Date: May 10, 2014 11:42AM

jlyell13 Wrote:
> We take a 3rd string TE before taking a QB when
> you QB isn't proven!!! Should have take Murray!
> Damn it

The only thing @#$%& up is where your getting your info.

All three of our QB's can handle the Job. We needed to support them better and almost all the holes were addressed. Free agency isn't over. Relax and go enjoy mothers day.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 10, 2014 11:47AM

TCP did you watch last year? Tannehill can't take advantage of his biggest asset Mike Wallace and hit him on the deep ball, and a lot of the sacks were his fault for no pocket presence. Marino couldn't move, but knew when to get rid of it. Moore didn't look good at all. Devlin can't sniff the field. I hope I am wrong about RT but feel we will be looking again after this season

Date: May 10, 2014 01:18PM

jlyell13 Wrote:
> TCP did you watch last year? Tannehill can't take
> advantage of his biggest asset Mike Wallace and
> hit him on the deep ball, and a lot of the sacks
> were his fault for no pocket presence. Marino
> couldn't move, but knew when to get rid of it.
> Moore didn't look good at all. Devlin can't sniff
> the field. I hope I am wrong about RT but feel we
> will be looking again after this season

Watch it? I was there. Marino had Pro bowl lineman and he started with a superbowl caliber team. I could have completed passes behind Simms and Webb. Biggest Asset? Wallace? Did you watch last year? How many passes did he drop that were perfect? HE didn't take advantage of his biggest asset , R T. Did Tannehill take too many sacks? yes. I won't put it all on the spaghetti strainer hole filled Oline. BUT he was a receiver in college. came into the NFL with the fesest starts of any rookie QB ever taken in the first round. He competed that first pre season and beat out everyone. Set a Miami franchise Rookie record. He is getting better every year. He just needs support. Some from so called fans would be nice as well.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 10, 2014 01:24PM

Date: May 10, 2014 04:30PM

I don't agree with Jlyell and Tanny is a proven QB in this league to me. Everything he has accomplished with no help and all the distractions is just insane. If I told you in the last year with had Henne that we would have a 4000 YD QB you would have shit yourself. Our defense had no run defense. I saw Tanny Hit Wallace in the numbers repeatedly and he dropped it. Hartline as well.

Tanny is the Goods. Take that to the bank. I'd take him over any Rookie QB in the last 3 yrs with the exception of Luck. And I still think Tanny can do many things Luck can't.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 10, 2014 04:41PM

Like I said, Treasure, we don't know. Not saying he's bad and not saying he's great. Just saying we don't know and one thing that definitely stops us from really knowing is the piss pitiful o line and the tragic injury to Dustin Keller and if you look at this year's draft, the QBs came of the board rather late by comparison.

Just saying we should have dipped in and I would have at least taken AJ Mac.

Date: May 10, 2014 05:10PM

Again. We do know. You just are refusing to recognize his many accomplishments and dwell on the loses and the lack of a playoff appearance. You might as well blame Marino for never winning the superbowl and making only one appearance in 17 yrs. I say with a decent running game and a better defense Marino could have won it all......but we never really know will we? eye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 10, 2014 07:13PM

Agree on Marino, not On Tannehill but hopefully I am wrong and we have filled some of the holes and will see what he can do. He and Philbin likely have this year to show what they can do, we have spent a ton on free agents that last two years.

In drafting CB and TE it is almost as if we gave up on a lot of last years draft picks

The Lynch pick kills me with good QB available, pride and the unwillingness to admit RT may not be the answer could have cost us here.

Date: May 10, 2014 07:50PM

jlyell13 Wrote:
> Agree on Marino, not On Tannehill but hopefully I
> am wrong and we have filled some of the holes and
> will see what he can do. He and Philbin likely
> have this year to show what they can do, we have
> spent a ton on free agents that last two years.
>
> In drafting CB and TE it is almost as if we gave
> up on a lot of last years draft picks
>
> The Lynch pick kills me with good QB available,
> pride and the unwillingness to admit RT may not be
> the answer could have cost us here.

I get your point but drafting a QB would be like last years reach to move up and draft Dion Jordon when we had a Pro bowler at the position and good depth? . We have a great QB and two very capable back ups. Maybe the best QB depth in the NFL. Why would we waste a draft pick on such a deep position when we have so many other needs?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 10, 2014 08:01PM

I think you overrate Moore and our depth at the position. Moore hasn't won a starting job anywhere he has been, and Devlin is a total unproven commodity. I hope you are right. I like Matt Moore but he did not look good last year and if RT isn't the answer, are you really comfortable with one of these guys as our future QB? I am not.

I assume the Jordan reasoning was, Wake is getting old maybe 1-2 years left. His game did drop off last year he wasn't the force he had been even with Vernon adding another pass rusher

Date: May 10, 2014 08:12PM

Why? Because he threw one pass at an unfortunate time and it was intercepted/ Mat Moore is now being judged on one pass? Arguably the Best back up in the NFL. And I hope Devlin remains an unproven commodity. Show me a back up in the NFL that is a proven commodity? They are back ups for a reason. Devlin has done well in the pre season games I've seen him in. Moore (pun intended) then adequate for a 3rd stringer.

Wake is in his prime, not Old.He has maybe 5 yrs left. Jason Taylor played until he was 38 and was still healthy. You don't reach up , dump a high round 2nd , for a hurt project when you have a Pro Bowler in his prime and depth at the position behind him. he had a drop off because he is getting double teamed. he Killer Cincinatti's QB last year on Holloween for a safety, best play all season bar none. Cam Wake is just hittin his stride. Had we not picked Jordon and used those Two draft picks on O linemen we would be in the playoffs. And in a better position this year to pick best players available instead of getting desperate .

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Sickofit+1 ()
Date: May 10, 2014 08:12PM

Tannyhill is very green at being a QB compared to many in his shoes. I think he has progressed a lot since his rookie year and will turn in a very solid season.

Date: May 10, 2014 08:35PM

Naw, Treasure. Not quite the same thing as Marino who was crashing records in his rookie year. Not really the same thing.

So you're saying that Tannehill is now rated above Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson, all in his class who have proven themselves (if RGIII could stay healthy).

Date: May 10, 2014 09:40PM

Posted by: gofins60 ()
Date: May 11, 2014 03:58AM

IMO, Tannehill is still a question mark. But, I really believe that Ross should have cleaned house; Philbin is not going to lead this team to the Super Bowl, and Hickey was the ONLY GM candidate willing to work with him.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.