HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Pouncey an idiot
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pouncey an idiot
Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: May 09, 2014 04:26AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pouncey an idiot
Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: May 09, 2014 04:30AM

Agreed. Not very bright.

Won't surprise me at all to see us take a C like Marcus McNeil in round 2 and move Pouncey to LG for a year before letting him leave.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: May 09, 2014 04:32AM

yeah, pouncey does not get it.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 09, 2014 04:39AM

Date: May 09, 2014 04:40AM

Yeah Iwas thinking about McNeil. My original thinking was we did not have to look for a second olinemen until the 3rd rnd and maybe get that T/E from Notre Dame in the second rnd. Now may we need to look at replaceing that dum *** in round two.

Date: May 09, 2014 05:01AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can't a guy say something sarcastically without
> the whole world going berserk?

Sorry sam, but no. Some people lose the right to try to be funny on certain subjects because of their previous actions.

After Incognito, Pouncey is the LAST guy on earth who should be cracking jokes on twitter about hazing rookies for gifts.

The joke itself isnt a huge deal, the attention it refocuses on this franchise over the martin fiasco is a HUGE deal. That stuff is in our rear view mirror. No need to move it front and center again.

Its a stupid move by a guy who has a track record of stupid moves.

Its just like when he tweeted the picture of him and his brother wearing the "free hernandez" hats.

he doesnt get it.

>
>
> Just like the clippers owner...>All he said to his
> girlfriend....get the blacks out of your
> instagram...

He said a lot more than that.

>
>
> And all of a sudden all colored people wanted to
> send him to china. WTF.
>
>
> Im dark skin cuban........But i do not mind what
> they say about black people. Who cares.
>
> PS. Some of us black people are the most racist
> people in the world anyways.
>
> PS. I got white people in my family as well. Im
> color blind and see everyone the same. I wish
> everybody would be like that.
>
> It would be a better world.

Very true.

Posted by: Sickofit+1 ()
Date: May 09, 2014 06:06AM

I love it! Shows us that he is bigger than the stupid grade school stuff. Oh no a bully I'm a man who needs mommy! Will never give two poops about the stupid scandal and I am glad players can go about the regular hazing business!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: May 09, 2014 07:17AM

I see no problem with the o-line going to a ti@@y bar as a unit and the new guy picking up the tab. That's the way it's been done for years and that's how camaraderie and chemistry are forged. It's good to see the players shrugging off the nonsense of last season and getting back to business as usual. Pouncey complimented the rookie as a "good pick" but reminded him that he is still just a rookie for one season.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Date: May 09, 2014 07:23AM

I will respect Pouncey when he steps up and leads this line. I have no respect for someone who invest as much time as dumb *** than being a leader. It was a dumb *** message that says I did not learn sh** from last year.

Date: May 09, 2014 07:55AM

Date: May 09, 2014 08:13AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Truth............What did pouncey say or do? I
> missed it.
>

Pouncey made a bad joke on twitter about how he can't wait to see what gifts our new draft pick will be giving them.

>
> And i missed whatever else the clippers owner
> said. After he was talking to his girlfriend.

the clippers owner said he didn't want here publicizing on twitter that she hangs out with black people he said he didn't care if the F*cked them but not to embarrass him by publicizing it. He didn t want calls from his friends about it. Also said not to bring them to his games.

Prior to that he was sued for refusing to rent to minorities because all black people smell and mexicans are too lazy.

the great irony being that his girlfriend was half black and half mexican...

>
> I did hear a question he asked her though...
>
>
> He asked her....Do you think im racist?
>
> I understood he meant he wasnt.
>
> Im working too much i guess... dont got much time.

Yes, he's a racist.

Posted by: tboneabbott ()
Date: May 09, 2014 09:07AM

If Mike Pouncey wants to be a leader in the NFL and a captain for the Dolphins, he needs to think before he tweets. I also be leave that we are being way to sensitive..

Tboneabbott

If you're mad at your kid, you can either raise him to be a nose tackle or send him out to play on the freeway. It's about the same.
-Bob Golic

Date: May 09, 2014 09:26AM

LOL. I thought it was funny. eye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: May 09, 2014 12:15PM

It could have been a lot worse...if all he mentioned were gifts, that's pretty tame.

It'd have been better if he didn't tweet at all on the subject, however.

The guy needs to watch his P's and Q's ever since the Martin issue and also the Free Hernandez hat.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: May 09, 2014 02:05PM

I am literally speechless. That might be the single stupidest thing I have ever seen or heard that an athlete has ever done. Not the worst, but by far the stupidest. I have literally never said "I don't want that player on my team" because of something a talented player said or did. But I read this, my jaw dropped and then I thought "get him off the team".

You literally just made a joke that said..

"Hey you know that horrible thing that I was involved in this year, that thing that captured the nations attention, that thing that caused a fellow player to ponder suicide, that thing that got my friend (the guilty party) kicked off the team and drove him to lose his mind and check into an inpatient hospital from the pressure, that thing that caused a huge hole on our team that led to our young QB getting sacked an NFL worst 58 times, that thing that caused shame and humiliation for our team and our city and outraged the league, players, coaches, pundits, national news agencies, and the entire country, that thing that forced us to draft an emergency replacement for the players we lost because of this incident? Yeah, I can't wait to do all of that over again to this new kid, lolz!"

You F*cK!n6 IDIOT!!! I hope you try something with this new kid and he breaks the orbital bones in your face with his fist and disfigures you for the rest of your life and ends your career. Given the context, this may be the stupidest thing I have ever heard a human being utter.

Date: May 09, 2014 03:15PM

Relax Panteraize. lets get one thing straight. NO ONE almost made anyone commit suicide. What happened was unfortunate , but it was more J Martins fault , his lack of upbringing, his lack of problem solving, his poor play and his complete lack of being able to deal with failure that made him look for a scapegoat and turn himself into a victim.

Was Pouncy's Tweet the smartest thing after all that crap? Probably not , but its only a big deal if you make it a big deal.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 09, 2014 05:13PM

Edited out because I was confusing Pouncey with Martin.

Yeah, Pouncey was one of the ones that the Wells Report said was picking on Martin and Iggy kept intervening to stop Pouncey and Jerry from picking on Martin and then Martin betrays Iggy by using Iggy's texts taken out of context to build a legal case against the Dolphin's.

Yet Pouncey is a butthole.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2014 05:24PM by ChyrenB.

Posted by: Doctor Feelgood ()
Date: May 09, 2014 05:51PM

Yeah, I pretty much want Pouncey gone at this point. Guy is overrated anyway.

Date: May 09, 2014 08:47PM

Doctor Feelgood Wrote:
> Yeah, I pretty much want Pouncey gone at this
> point. Guy is overrated anyway.

SORRY. He is a very solid player. I'm tired of J Martin dismantling my team anymore. Pouncy's 5th year rights have been exercised because he is a good player. Nobody else on the Team has a problem with Pouncy. Guy made a joke, people are worse then the press blowing it way out of proportion. Let it go. Martin is 3000 miles away. lets put him and his whole stench of failure behind us. If he was a better player he would still be here and nobody would have busted his balls. F'Him (Martin) and his whole victimization mentality. The NFL is for men not little boys.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Sickofit+1 ()
Date: May 10, 2014 01:06AM

Amen stand up for yourselves. You don't see male lions crying to momma because another male is trying to claim his territory. J-Martin is what is wrong with the world. Either in his case over protective parents or incognitos case of lack of discipline.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: May 10, 2014 04:17AM

Treasure you're missing the point completely. I'm not saying what I said from a point of outrage at the incident itself. I'm thinking purely from a public relations standpoint. I'm talking about how our team, our locker room, our coaches, our GM are all viewed by the league, the media, the entire country. Its not about the incident, its about the horrible aftermath. The blow up. No matter who we think is at fault or that it was blown way out of proportion, all that matters is that the #1 story in the country for what seemed like months was "MIAMI DOLPHINS BULLYING SCANDAL" what a terrible team, what terrible players, what an evil GM, what did the coach know? What's wrong with our society? What's going on in football locker rooms? The Dolphins have shamed the sport. The Dolphins are an embarrassment.. and on and on and on and on and on.

And now the dust has settled a bit. The roar has died down a bit. And then he says that $hit on twitter!!! Un-freaking-believable

If I was Hickey I would have called him to my office, have my desk littered with newspapers about the scandal, and sat there completely silent and just stared into his eyes for an hour and a half with a look of alarm and confusion until he said something that convinced me he understood how G*d damn f*ing stupid what he just did was.

Date: May 10, 2014 04:26AM

I still dont think pouncey did something terribly wrong......

I wouldnt mind if the new OTs shaved their heads as long as they become pro bowlers.

BTW pouncey is a very good center....Its all the other crappy offensive linemen we had that stunk.....The left side of the line was a mess.

Date: May 10, 2014 09:20AM

Panteraize Wrote:
> Treasure you're missing the point completely. I'm
> not saying what I said from a point of outrage at
> the incident itself. I'm thinking purely from a
> public relations standpoint. I'm talking about how
> our team, our locker room, our coaches, our GM are
> all viewed by the league, the media, the entire
> country. Its not about the incident, its about the
> horrible aftermath. The blow up. No matter who we
> think is at fault or that it was blown way out of
> proportion, all that matters is that the #1 story
> in the country for what seemed like months was
> "MIAMI DOLPHINS BULLYING SCANDAL" what a terrible
> team, what terrible players, what an evil GM, what
> did the coach know? What's wrong with our society?
> What's going on in football locker rooms? The
> Dolphins have shamed the sport. The Dolphins are
> an embarrassment.. and on and on and on and on and
> on.
>
> And now the dust has settled a bit. The roar has
> died down a bit. And then he says that $hit on
> twitter!!! Un-freaking-believable
>
> If I was Hickey I would have called him to my
> office, have my desk littered with newspapers
> about the scandal, and sat there completely silent
> and just stared into his eyes for an hour and a
> half with a look of alarm and confusion until he
> said something that convinced me he understood how
> G*d damn f*ing stupid what he just did was.

I get ya. But that whole blow up was because people love to make mountians out of mole hills. I like Pouncys attitude in a small way, F'em lets get back to business as usual. BUT.....someone does need to tell him, it can never be business as usual again. The Pacifists and Liberals saw there little opening and they marched in and shut it down. No more teasing or hazing. At least not on the Dolphins , Ground Zero of Bullyville USA apparently. But you taking it way out of proportion and saying he needs to leave the team........That's just as wrong.

I had the same kind of issue with another person here. I made a dumb joke about a train crash up in NYC a little while back. In retrospect what I said probably wasn't funny but it wasn't a big deal either. A PM to me and I probably would have thanked him and learned from it.

Oh No. Not this Ahole. You would have thought I murdered someone. So I handled it the exact opposite and now that person is on ignore. Nothing solved.

My Point? Relax. better ways to handle stuff. J Martin did not handle what he was going through correctly.His parents left him sheltered growing up and as a result he can't solve simple problems or handle failure. Pouncy needs to Grow the F Up already. Leave the Thug thing behind. Calling for jobs and getting all out of alignment is only going to hurt the Team. This is where Philbin needs to improve. I hope he called him in his office showed him Pictures of his Boy Aaron in jail and asked him privately.....we are thinking of picking up your 5th yr option. SON......you are at a crossroads. Do you want to join Aaron and be a thug in prison , or do you want to Grow the F up and be a professional Ball player? HINT: The Ball player pays better......winking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 10, 2014 10:25AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> I still dont think pouncey did something terribly
> wrong......
>
>

Read the Wells Report, SamSam. If you have any sense of fairness, you'll come out hating not only Pouncey, Jerry, and maybe even Martin himself

but liking Igcognito, the only guy to get f*cked in the whole deal.

Date: May 10, 2014 11:35AM

Date: May 10, 2014 05:01PM

Ok, Treasure, kiss my La Bamba...LOL. winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.