HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Trade out of this years draft.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Trade out of this years draft.
Posted by: Sickofit+1 ()
Date: May 05, 2014 06:07AM

Poll
Would you ever try it?
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
9 votes were received.
Sure 3

33%
Nope 6

67%
Hmmmmmm 0

0%

We just need a RT to be competitive this year. So trade our first round pick to the Browns for their second round pick and next years first round. Then use it on a RT, then I would try to do same thing with every pick this year. I want to have a super stacked draft next year to rebuild the team all at once.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Trade out of this years draft.
Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: May 05, 2014 06:19AM

IMO that is a virtual impossibility. Our GM and HC could both be gone next year if we don't make the playoffs.

They are playing for this year. If anything they trade down for more picks this year.

Not to mention we should be able to find a quality RT in the 2nd round this year.

Date: May 05, 2014 06:25AM

Well our coach sucks should have been fired. He will next year. I just feel like with the F/A we had this year it would be foolish to try and finish the team off with trading down this year. Let us face it our team has a lot of needs and I want a lot of high picks to fill them. We will be lucky to nab three starters from this draft.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: May 05, 2014 06:45AM

I would trade down to get as many picks in this draft because its deep. Not to stack picks for next years

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 05, 2014 07:21AM

would I trade #19 for the Browns' top 5 second round pick and their #1 next year? hell yeah, in a heartbeat. We'd be moving down like 17 spots and picking up what will probably be a top 15 1st rounder next year. However I doubt this regeime would do that for reason pointed out above, Philbin needs to win this year and doesn't care about next, and Hickey is tied on Philbin so if Ross dumps one he may very well let Hickey go after 1 season and clean house entirely.

Date: May 05, 2014 08:37AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would trade down to get as many picks in this
> draft because its deep. Not to stack picks for
> next years

Exactly. DEEP DEEP DEEP. If Hickey wants to make a splash he needs to get as many picks as he can. Hope he knows what he's doing.......confused smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 06, 2014 04:06AM

If you look at the potential trades like maybe Cleveland. The value to move from 26 to 19 is only 175 points. They just happen to have pick 3-83 worth exactly 175 points.

I don't think it's worth it for that low of a pick no matter how deep this draft is shaping up.

Any team that wants to trade to 19 is going to have to offer higher value than the trade chart. I would only take a 2nd rounder to move.

We are in a prime spot in the draft believe it or not. We have no shot at top 10 talent but we may be better off if some of those top teams skip the first round QB and try to trade back up in the first to get one.

Jax, Hou, Cle, Min, Ten, TB, STL even Buf may be in the market.

We also sit in a good spot for a team wanting to trade up for a WR or maybe a CB, LB, DT or OG.

If someone doesn't offer a mid to high 2nd then I just make the pick.

I can live with Ryan Shazier and Ja'Waun James in the first two rounds.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 06, 2014 09:19AM

I don't think we can expect any of the OTs who are rated 3d round or higher to be there when we get to our spot in the 2d round. Robinson, Lewan, Martin, Matthews will be gone before 19 for sure, and Cyrus K, J James, M Moses likely will not make it out of the 1st round. Joe Bitonio will be gone before our turn in the 2d, and after that there is supposed to be a huge drop off (which is why everyone will be snapped up before our spot in the 2d). So unless there is a trade down that nets us a spot in the 20s or a top 5 2d round pick, if we do not stand pat at 19 and take a tackle, we ain't getting anyone decent in this draft. Which is why it really sucks we go into the draft with an absolute must need to come away with a starting RT.

Date: May 06, 2014 09:56AM

There will be lots of RB's, TE's, DE, OLB's, QB's and WR's starting to fall in the top of the second IMO.

I also don't think Kouandjio is that big of a reach at 19. Mayock has him ranked 24th O/A.

Take the RB's and QB's out of the equation and its a close match.

We could always go with Kujo and....

Austin SF, RB, Davante Adams, RB etc. Lots of talent to go around this year.

Date: May 07, 2014 04:17PM

Well we will be trading. I just hope it's downward.

Date: May 07, 2014 04:21PM

I would kill too have hair like that! Wait did that sound Brady like?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.