HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          2014 Defense
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
2014 Defense
Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: April 20, 2014 10:45AM

SLB Wheeler
MLB Misi
WLB Ellerbe

I like the idea of moving these guys around if the rumors are true. Wheeler did his best work on the strong side. He is definitely NOT a weak side guy. Problem is Ellerbe probably isn't either and it won't help them NOT miss tackles. They are both probably better suited to be SLB's. (or 3-4 ILB for Ellerbe)

Wheeler played SLB in Indy and Oakland. He would come off the field in passing situations as the SLB.

I still like the idea of having Jordan as the weak side LB. His cover skills would be utilized there and as one of the nickle LB'ers. They need to get creative with him and move him around.

Denver uses Von Miller as a pass rushing strong side LB.

Most teams are weak side dominant pass rushers. We are the opposite with Wake on the strong side. This is why I think it would work with Jordan as the WLB. His strongest areas are pass rush and coverage and he has the speed to be a pursuit LB who can run around and make plays as most 4-3 teams are set up for.

As we stand right now I think Jordan and Jenkins would be the nickle LB's.

No way you can convince me at this point that we are not looking for a linebacker in the draft after we tried to sign Jackson earlier in the year. Now they just gave up on it? probably not.

Problem is that after Shazier and Mosley there is a HUGE drop off when you talk about quickness and speed.

How big of a step will Vernon take this year? Enough to keep Jordan away? I'm not convinced. He had decent sack numbers last year but he still needs to get better.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2014 Defense
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 20, 2014 05:41PM

Misi's never played MLB. I don't know what gives you the idea he'd all-of-a-sudden be able to do it. I see this front 7 instead:

SLB - Misi
MLB - Ellerbe
WLB - Jordan

DE - Verson
DT - Starks
DT - Odrick
DE - Wake

Date: April 21, 2014 05:36AM

It wasn't my idea. It was from the numerous articles on this site...rumor mill, etc.

How can you not have seen them over the last week? They talk about Misi moving inside and Ellerbe moving to the weakside.

That's not to say I don't agree with the move as something needs to be done. They linebackers sucked last year.

Misi has played 4-3 DE, 3-4 DE, 3-4 OLB and 4-3 OLB...I see no reason to believe he can't make the switch from 4-3 SLB to 4-3 MLB. He could do no worse than Ellerbe.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: April 21, 2014 06:39AM

I've always like the idea of Misi at MLB. He seems to get decent reads and moves well.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 21, 2014 01:03PM

JoeFootball Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It wasn't my idea. It was from the numerous
> articles on this site...rumor mill, etc.
>

they've been talking about that since LAST off season. It's not going to happen.

Date: April 23, 2014 11:04AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.