HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Eric Ebron is my choice
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Eric Ebron is my choice
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: April 17, 2014 03:21PM

If he falls out of the top ten, this is the guy we should go after not just wait and hope to get him at 19... I know Truth and some other guys around here are high on him, and I am jumping on that bandwagon... With Mike Wallace, Charles Clay, Hartline, Gibson,Moreno out of the backfield/helping protect Tanehill and Ebron on the field, wow... And when we need a blocking TE Dion Sims can fill the role... We still have issues at RT and LB, but I don't think we can add as much to our team, as we could by going Ebron in the 1st rd even trading up a few spots if we have to... With Wallace taking the top off the defense, and then the defense having to worry about covering Hartline, Gibson, Clay, Ebron and Moreno out of the backfield, our offense can put up some serious pts, which is what we need... Going after Ebron in the 1st rd is my pick, mark it down... I think he will be the most impactful pick we can make...

Zach Martin doesn't blow me away, and Mosley would be nice but he could have some injury concerns... Ebron's is the best player at his position, and would give us the true double threat TE... For an offense that didn't score enough pts last year, it just makes the most sense in my mind.... Now I just need to hope he doesn't go in the top ten, and Hickey has enough conviction to go up and get him....

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Eric Ebron is my choice
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 17, 2014 03:59PM

I can't see trading up for a position we don't have a pressing need for when we have so many glaring holes. A trade up would cost our 2d or 3d and then we'd have nothing left to spend on OL. I'd take him at 19 but not as a trade up

Date: April 18, 2014 12:14PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't see trading up for a position we don't
> have a pressing need for when we have so many
> glaring holes. A trade up would cost our 2d or 3d
> and then we'd have nothing left to spend on OL.
> I'd take him at 19 but not as a trade up

I just would rather trade up and get a guy with the greatest impact to our franchise, then stay put, pick a guy who might not have much of an impact at all... What did we get from any of our picks last year? Who cares if we give up a 3rd to get a guy who can take our offense to the next level...

Maybe I am just burned out from Ireland, which makes me feel that way... Maybe Hickey will draft more impactful players in those rds then we have the last 5 years or so... To me, we trade up for Ebron, then use our 2nd rd pick on a tackle... But I hear ya, maybe we stay put and draft Olinemen... But to be honest we signed a LT, we could have kept Jerry if it was that pressing to do so, we could still sign some guards or RT in FA if need be... But we aren't going to find a stud TE like Ebron anywhere but in the draft, and he is in our wheel house... We need to score a lot more points this year and in my opinion the best way to do that is bring Ebron in to be a double TE threat with Clay....

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 18, 2014 01:49PM

Like berk said, if he's there at 19 go for it, but in this deep of a draft and with our amount of holes, i'm against giving up a 2nd or a 3rd. I think this draft is gonna be a complete goat f@#% as far as predicting who will go with what pick, there's a good chance he'll be there for us at 19, and if he's not, there should be someone with alot of value for us.

Date: April 18, 2014 03:37PM

I understand the depth of the draft, and wanting to not miss out on it... But to me, if you think a guy is a potential pro bowl player at coveted position as a receiving TE, you can give up a 3rd rd pick to get there, you are better off then staying put and drafting guys that are much less likely to be pro bowl players at their given position... That is why I like the Dion Jordan move, we have a real potential shot at a great player with him... That is better then what we gave up with an early pick in the 2nd rd... I am into quality over quantity, only so many guys are going to make a real impact on your team, as our past decade of drafting has shown... Why not go up and get the studs, at the sake of a maybe... Zach Martin's film I have seen isn't that impressive to me, and Mosley would be great but had some health issues in college... That being said, I will not be upset if we draft those guys, but I am all in for getting Ebron... I doubt he gets past the Giants at 12... He very well could go in the top 10...

Nietzsche

Date: April 18, 2014 04:51PM

if you are talking about trading from 19 to 11, then we are giving up at least a 2d rounder if not a bit more. No way do I want to do this in a draft this deep. Ebron is a good player but I don't think he's Jimmy Graham or anything

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: April 18, 2014 05:41PM

Nobody would like to see Ebron in Miami more than I, but I'm not trading up for him.

I don't see him making it to us. I don't see an impact player (Ebron or Evans or an elite Olineman) on offense falling there so I'd use this draft to rebuild the oline.

I'd take Mosley or Barr at LB if they fall to us, but they won't.

Failing that I'd hope a QB drops and then look to trade down.

Best case scenario is a guy like Manziel or Bridgewater falls and Cleveland Jacksonville wants to move up because they didn't address QB early in round #1.

We could really solidify our O-line, WR, RB and LB corps with two 2nds, two 3rds, two 4ths a 5th an a 6th.

Date: April 18, 2014 07:02PM

I like that idea truth

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 19, 2014 05:00AM

Don't like trading up and don't like taking a LB, especially from Alabama who most have busts as of late. We can get Skov or Zumwalt of equal or better quality in the third. If Ebron is there with our pick we should take him, as the Pats or Seahawks likely won't pass. There are a few OL FA's out there that if signed should addres the OL. Maybe we aren't announcing to try not to show all our cards and make it look like we are still really desperate for OL

Uche Nwaneri?
Davin Joseph?
Travelle Wharton
Wade Smith?

Like the Truth's idea on trading down if a top prospect isn't there and someone wants a QB still on the board

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: April 19, 2014 09:17AM

Lots of smoke going out right now, and the newest is that it is very possible QBs will be passed on instead of three or four taken in the top eight.

The NFL has a habit, and its an understandable one, to pick QBs high because of the need. Exception is last year, of course.

It's possible the above scenario could play out because there are no "sure things" (A. Luck) and the draft is loaded with "good" QBs. So, they could fall to pick 15 and beyond.

If that is the case, then Miami has an excellent shot at trading back, because their position of need will not be there at 19. Good players will be available late in the first and into the second.

I highly doubt an immediate (good) starter will be there at 19, so if they can trade back, that will be the way to go.

IMO, Miami will not trade up...they don't have an abundance of picks to give up and there are far too many holes.

Posted by: JoeFootball ()
Date: April 20, 2014 10:19AM

Trading down with Cleveland to 26 only nets us a mid-3rd round pick. Probably 3-19 per the draft value chart.

Probably not worth it. I like the value in the lower first, high second round but those picks will be hard to come by.

Those Qb needy teams may be inclined to give up more to get their QB after passing atop the first round IF we are lucky.

Every year mockers predict that QB's will fall...they don't. Look at 2011 when everyone was reaching for players like Ponder, Gabbert and Locker. Even last year for Manuel. Bridgewater may be this years Matt Barkley.

Date: April 20, 2014 11:17AM

if at QB a team wants can only be had for trading down from 26 to 19 then we can demand much more than a 3d to do it

Date: April 21, 2014 05:56AM

Most of the LB's from Alabama have been flops?

I can recall Rolando Mclain but that's about it. He was a huge reach at 8, by a team known for reaching (Oakland).

Donte Hightower and Demeco Ryans are the only other two I can think of and they don't seem like flops. Neither were rated as high as Mosley. Ryans went in the 2nd round

Surely you are not comparing every other linebacker from Alabama who carried a lower round rating to a guy touted as a top 10 pick.

Date: April 21, 2014 06:03AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> if at QB a team wants can only be had for trading
> down from 26 to 19 then we can demand much more
> than a 3d to do it

Huh?

Easy for you to say. confused smiley

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: April 21, 2014 06:37AM

I dont think Wallace takes the top off defenses, because the QB cannot make the throw, thus it does not have to be defended.

Therefore, I am against trading up to get a TE

Date: April 21, 2014 07:26AM

Go back and look at some game tape. Safeties rolled to his side more often than not. That means he occupied a corner and a safety thus leaving everyone underneath single covered....Clay, Hartline, Gibson, etc.

It's not like they weren't trying to defend Wallace.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2014 07:28AM by JoeFootball.

Date: April 21, 2014 10:17AM

they stopped doing that mid season once they realized Tannehill could not make the throw

Date: April 21, 2014 10:30AM

JoeFootball Wrote:
> berkeley223 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > if at QB a team wants can only be had for
> trading
> > down from 26 to 19 then we can demand much more
> > than a 3d to do it
>
> Huh?
>
> Easy for you to say. confused smiley

not really, it's pretty obvious. If a QB CLE is in love with is there at 19 then they'd be foolish to hold firm on giving up only a 3d rounder to get him, especially if, as is likely to be the case, other teams want that QB too.

Date: April 21, 2014 04:42PM

dolphin Wrote:
> they stopped doing that mid season once they
> realized Tannehill could not make the throw

Like I said...go watch some game tape.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 28, 2014 02:27AM

JoeFootball Wrote:
> dolphin Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > they stopped doing that mid season once they
> > realized Tannehill could not make the throw
>
>
> Like I said...go watch some game tape.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Egggggzactly.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: May 01, 2014 04:42AM

I watched every play every game. Perhaps the both of you should go back and watch.

Date: May 01, 2014 05:26AM

Yeah, I'm sure you are right. They were probably putting that safety in the box to stop our All Pro running game. Why worry about a 4.3 deep threat when you have the Miami Dolphin running game to worry about?

I mean, Tannehill and Wallace were struggling so they may as well ignore them...right?

I'm sure most NFL coaches would follow this philosophy. drinking smiley

It's not like opposing defensive coordinators knew where Wallace was going to line up before the play was even called.

You could tell they had no respect for him by the way the CB played 15 yards off the line of scrimmage....uhhh....wait. I'll get back to you on that thought...

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 04, 2014 05:55PM

Don't let dolphin get under your skin Joe. He is best known on the board for hating Tannehill.

Both he and I were opposed to Tanny being drafted BEFORE the draft.

After the draft, I basically said it's time to hope for the best.

But dolphin kept on with his pre-draft criticism and basically

a) blamed every defeat since that time on Tannehill and

b) credited every win as being attributable to any player or coach on our team WITH THE EXCEPTION OF Tannehill

(and in most instances argued that we won DESPITE Tannehill's performances.)

Date: May 05, 2014 06:21AM

I'm just honest in my assesment. I want to believe he is the one and he had 3-4 good games last year.

If you were a NFL DC why in the world would you worry about Wallace when you KNOW the QB cannot make the throw?

JoeDon'tKnowFootball says the safties were on Wallace, BUT that should open up the run game, but we all know that didnt happen.

If I'm coaching against Dolphins I'm keeping safety in tight. So what if Wallace burns my DB (which happened most of the year) the ball will be under thrown and my DB will have time to recover and break it up (which happened all year)

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 07, 2014 07:56PM

Come on, dolphin. No name-calling.

Date: May 08, 2014 04:27AM

Get under my skin? LOL

That's not possible. He lacks the reason or credibility.

His agenda is so transparent to begin with because only someone trolling to start crap would try and turn a thread about a college TE into a Tannehill bashing session.

Now he is grasping at straws by implying that our 27th ranked rushing offensive was so imposing that they would draw a safety down into the box. HAHAHAHA

We couldn't run the ball against a dime defense. 1,440 total yards rushing and our QB had 238 of those!

We had 1,154 yards rushing from ALL of our RB's combined.

in 2013, 10 running backs had similar or more yards than our entire team and this is a passing league.

Reggie Bush had almost as many yards as our entire team and he missed 2 games.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.