Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          I think I'm done investing time into football.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
I think I'm done investing time into football.
Posted by: Sickofit+1 ()
Date: March 26, 2014 09:31AM

I will watch from time to time but I feel in today's world especially with All the sissy stuff and etc just don't really find it worth watching anymore. I already can't afford to go to Super Bowl, I can barely afford to go to a game and can't really afford to buy the game on direct tv. So I'll ponder around some but think my hard core days as a fan are over. Good luck rooting this year fellas I will pop in from time to time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I think I'm done investing time into football.
Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: March 26, 2014 09:46AM

Dude...we live in the age of the internet. If you want a link to watch the game online for free, PM me.

Date: March 27, 2014 03:12PM

Don't let the door hit ya in the ass.........J Martin is gone so I'm down for a great season! I was not watching 1 second of Dolphins football if he was still on the roster.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: March 28, 2014 04:04AM

I have found that it has become easier to tape the game and watch it later. In the past I would never have been able to do that.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: March 28, 2014 04:48AM

I think you actually have to invest in something before you can decide to stop investing in it.

I don't think 4 months of posting qualifies as investment worthy of public notification that you are done.

Seems more like a chatboard version of a selfie...

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: March 29, 2014 05:14AM

THE Truth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think you actually have to invest in something
> before you can decide to stop investing in it.
>
> I don't think 4 months of posting qualifies as
> investment worthy of public notification that you
> are done.
>
> Seems more like a chatboard version of a selfie...

grinning smiley

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: March 29, 2014 08:31AM

I feel for you sickofit, I'm waiting for the collapse of Philbin and the day a smarter owner takes over for mousY Ross. Thought about trying to follow the Giants, but just can't get my heart into it.

Right now our team is a hodge-podge of glaring holes and poorly coached athletes who might have been something else, if only we had cleaned house completely earlier this year. The new GM Hickey seems like he's trying the best he can, and I do like many of his additions, but then I think of the Pinheaded Philbin...and I get really discouraged.

Let's see what happens in the draft. I'd like a new defensive philosophy(return to the 3-4?), a completely new LB Core and strategy set, several talented DB's, including both safety positions and a corner, a couple more Offensive linemen who don't have to be great, but don't suck, a versatile Tight End that can do stuff...and wouldn't mind a new defensive coordinator.

That's a deficit of about 8 players, assuming Dion Jordan is able to play at LB this year. Alas, around 6 of these players would need to be able to start and contribute this season, for this team to be competitive. If we are extremely lucky, we can add about 3-4 of these guys via the draft/trade, and maybe an undrafted fa or two.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 31, 2014 11:14AM

Yeah, Toko. It was out of the frying pan (Sparano) and into the fire (Philbin).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.