HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Free Agents visits
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Free Agents visits
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 03, 2014 06:05AM

Louis Delmas visited Friday. Team is reported to be very interested. Not sure why.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2014 08:49AM by eesti.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Miami interviews safety
Date: March 03, 2014 08:50AM

Message to Wheeler and Ellerbe....

Be afraid!

LBer, Da'Qwell Jackson visiting tomorrow.

.....................................................................................

Re: Free Agents visits
Date: March 05, 2014 07:34AM

Date: March 05, 2014 08:11AM

Makes no sense to me. Jackson was not that good last year. He has not been good since 2011....and now we are going to play Ellerbe at WLB? He did not play the run or cover well last year.

We are basically screwed at LB'er.

Maybe we'll get lucky and Jackson will choose somewhere else.

We need to draft a LB'er and stop signing FA's. We already have way too much cap space eaten by these guys.

This would be a better option than that....

SLB Misi
MLB Chris Borland
WLB Jordan

Put those other mutts on ST or make them compete.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: March 05, 2014 08:40AM

Misi imo was the least productive lb in the corp. He was the one I always spotted standing up after most plays. Both Ellerbe and Wheeler are better than him in pass coverage. After a year of experience in our defence I hope whoever gets moved to his spot beats him out. Misi, like Soliai numbers went down after he signed his big contract. He should have been head and shoulders above Ellerbe and Wheeler he was not. He was a veteran those 2 were new to our D.

Not sure we can draft Borland he will probably go in the second round and we have other areas to fill at that spot. Jackson will be good pick I have seen him play against the Ravens.

Date: March 05, 2014 01:42PM

Koa Misi was the least productive because the SLB comes out of the game in passing situations leaving the two jokers in the nickle. He had less than half the snaps. That was a mistake. No way were Ellerbe or Wheeler better. They sucked.

Misi has always been a solid LB'er. Not flashy but he does his job. Can't say the same for the new flops.

Sure Ellerbe and Wheeler collected tackles but it was like Channign Crowder....9 yards down field.

Jackson has been in decline since 2012.

Date: March 05, 2014 03:19PM

Nope I saw too many times when Misi was ON the field he did not make the play.I still think w/ a year in the defense both Ellerbe and Wheeler will be better. Our defense kept us in most games this season. Jackson had a great season in 2011 his numbers dipped in 2012 and were back up in 2013. He is a capable mlb imo. Unlike Misi and Soliai whose numebrs declined in 2013. People are to quick to throw our rookies and new comers under the bus. I am for getting a stronger mlb and am ok w/ acquiring Jackson. I still cannot figure out why they upped his contract.

Misi was no bright star in 2013. Wheeler almost doubled his tackles. Plus if he only plays 50% of the time he is vastly overpayed.

Date: March 06, 2014 03:54AM

Who are you going to believe? Me or your lying eyes?

Date: March 06, 2014 04:30AM

I don't give 2 shits who you believe. Not my business. I don't believe you and your PFF statistics but I suppose you have to validate paying those idiots by quoting them. I post what I think as you do. FACT is our defense had us in a position to win most of our games last year w/ 2 defective first year lbs. FACT is our oline, qb and the rest of our O cost us more games last year than these 2 guys. FACT is our dumb ass coaches cost us more games than these 2 guys. That is why I am not that hard on them. Can they impove their games yes and just like Tannehill I believe they will get better w/ a season under their belts.

Date: March 06, 2014 06:02AM

Grow up. It was a joke.

I guess the only "stat" that matters is your tackle count. LOL

Doesn't matter where the tackle was made I guess. What a joke.

It has nothing to do with PFF.

Everyone in and around the NFL knows they sucked. It's why Miami is trying to replace them. It's why their own teams didn't resign them. It's why we lost games like vs NE.

"Complacent"..that was the word used to describe Wheeler by a team source....but I'm sure he will be rededicated this year....with that 13 mil in his pocket.

Date: March 06, 2014 06:08AM

Da'Qwell Jackson signed with Indy.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: March 06, 2014 06:10AM

Date: March 06, 2014 06:35AM

Timbo and Gardner used to push the oline 2 yards behind the line of scrimage. They were excellent at protecting Zach. They were like bodyguards they did not let a center or guard come near him. Zach also did not have to chase running backs. Timbo and Gardner would close holes forcing the rb to Zach.

Some students of the game do not think it is part of the DT position to protect the mlb.

Zach and Timbo are on my all time list. Although I believe Offerdahl would have been a Hofamer if he were not injured so much. He was my favorite fin mlb.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: March 06, 2014 06:38AM

I agree about offerdahl.

Date: March 06, 2014 07:24AM

"Complacent"..that was the word used to describe Wheeler by a team source....but I'm sure he will be rededicated this year....with that 13 mil in his pocket.

right by an unamed source a guy that leads your team in tackles is complacent. While a guy who plays half the time and still makes less than half the tackles but is paid full time is great. Your football logic is lacking.

" It's why we lost games like vs NE.

Let's see our defense had NE down 17-3 at halftime. Then our defense
killed NE first drive of the second half. The O did nothing. Our offense lost that game. They did not do shit in the second half.
Tanne 1 int, 1 fumble lost and punts.

Your football logic is lacking

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: March 06, 2014 09:55AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't give 2 shits who you believe. Not my
> business. I don't believe you and your PFF
> statistics but I suppose you have to validate
> paying those idiots by quoting them. I post what I
> think as you do. FACT is our defense had us in a
> position to win most of our games last year w/ 2
> defective first year lbs. FACT is our oline, qb
> and the rest of our O cost us more games last year
> than these 2 guys. FACT is our dumb ass coaches
> cost us more games than these 2 guys. That is why
> I am not that hard on them. Can they impove their
> games yes and just like Tannehill I believe they
> will get better w/ a season under their belts.

First off, the poor 2013 season was a team effort, from Ross on down.

Second, our defense didn't play that well. Didn't they give up almost 2,000 yards rushing for the season? That is not good. Our DBs, quite often, weren't even in the picture for many of the completions. Then our guys tackled like the rest of the NFL.thumbs down

I agree, Mizzou, in that (hopefully) with a season under their belts, they will improve their play this year; being more comfortable and knowing instead of thinking.

But, if Miami can improve on the position, then so be it.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 06, 2014 09:58AM

Dqwell signed with the Colts today

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 06, 2014 11:21AM

mizzou15 Wrote:

> Your football logic is lacking

Mizzou, that what happens with stat geeks who believe in statistics and PFF.

Date: March 06, 2014 11:51AM

"But, if Miami can improve on the position, then so be it."

I agree

Date: March 06, 2014 02:25PM

Date: March 07, 2014 04:37AM

Dude how football ignorant are you yes I did watch that game. What part of the offense scored ZERO points in the second half you do not get. If your offense is not doing the job and your defense is on the field too long your D will eventually implode. Anyone having a grain of football knowledge knows that.

but .... your football logic is lacking yes we see that again

Oh you forgot to point out Misi too got 1 solo tackle that game oh and 1 solo tackle the next game against BUFF and 1 tackle agains Pitt
the week before NE. At least he is consistent. He did have 3 against the Jets. Yeah Zach had Tim Bowens protecting him. We had that conversation before and again you proved football ignorance by saying it was not part of the DTs job to keep guards and the center away from the mlb. That was another point of mine Soliai did not have his best year either.

Date: March 07, 2014 08:46AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
> Dude how football ignorant are you yes I did watch
> that game. What part of the offense scored ZERO
> points in the second half you do not get. If your
> offense is not doing the job and your defense is
> on the field too long your D will eventually
> implode. Anyone having a grain of football
> knowledge knows that.
>
> but .... your football logic is lacking yes we see
> that again
>
> Oh you forgot to point out Misi too got 1 solo
> tackle that game oh and 1 solo tackle the next
> game against BUFF and 1 tackle agains Pitt
> the week before NE. At least he is consistent. He
> did have 3 against the Jets. Yeah Zach had Tim
> Bowens protecting him. We had that conversation
> before and again you proved football ignorance by
> saying it was not part of the DTs job to keep
> guards and the center away from the mlb. That was
> another point of mine Soliai did not have his best
> year either.

Almost funny that some of you are incapable of having a discussion without name calling? What are you? 12? That's usually what you kids do when they can't use their words. lol

And speaking of ignorance, you may want to work on your reading comprehension skills. Please show me where I said the DT does not need to protect the LB's? PLEASE!

Your whole argument is that Wheeler and Ellerbe's play in 2013 had nothing to do with our defense folding. It's a joke. You try and deflect it on the offense, They clearly struggled but they are not to blame for bad LB play. Get a clue..."Dude".

Keep on trying to defend the poor play of the new FA LB's. Try and find some legit source that agrees with you. You can't. Everyone knows they sucked.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.