HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          WR need dwindling
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
WR need dwindling
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 10, 2009 06:55AM

Teams are signing WR's and our chances of getting a better one in the draft like Nicks or Robiskie gets better by the day.

Seattle signed TJ Housh.

Bengals signed Lav Coles to replace TJ but still may look to add one in the draft. They need a LT more though.

The Raiders restructure Javon Walker so he is staying but they still need help. They also need a LT.

The Jags released Jerry Porter and Matt Jones is in jail. They filled the need at LT but still need a WR. Speculation is they want a new QB.

The Bills signed TO but they aren't really good enough for him to put them over the top. They shouldn't be looking for a WR high.

The Broncos signed Jabaar Gafney to go with Marshall and Royal so they should be set.

The Redskins have Moss, Randel El and drafted two WR's last year in Devin Thomas and Malcomb Kelly. They should be set.

New Orleans resigned Henderson and still have Colston. Brees seems to get it done no matter who thay have but they may take one later.

The Texans have Andre Johnson and Kevin Walter so they should be set but may look to add one somewhere. They really need help in the secondary though.

The Chargers and Rivers seem to operate the same as Brees...no major WR's but still get it done. Theyu could use a true #1 but I don't see it happening early.

Now the draft starts getting to team that need a WR....

Chicago...big need at WR.

Bucs...they are operating stupid. They resigned Clayton (bust) and franchised one year wonder Bryant. WHo knows.

The Eagles think they are the Chargers and the Saints but they are not. The only legit WR they have is 2nd year man DeSean Jackson. They have not resigned Baskett and they lost Greg Lewis. The have a need but not just at WR. They need a TE too.

Minnesota has a definite need. They have no one.

Atlanta could use a better #2 but it is not a desperate need. They need a TE.

So here we are after Atlanta. Do we take a WR? We have our choice with only the top 3 WR's possibly gone.

The problem is the next 5 out of 7 teams have a need at WR. Bal, Ind, Philly and NYG have a strong need.

Tennesse no longer will be looking as they signed Nate Washington (woopee)

Pit could use one with Ward getting older but they have other needs on the O-line.

In the 2nd round, there are 5 or 6 teams that may still be looking at WR before we pick.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WR need dwindling
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 10, 2009 01:56PM

maybe but it is getting to the point where we HAVE to take a CB in round one if a decent one is there

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: March 11, 2009 03:43AM

Agree with both posts above.

1. I'm wondering if we are going to see us move Beck (or someone else) and with a second round pick to try to do both CB & WR with quality. Use our 1st for one of them.

2. I'm a little surpised that we have passed on all of the FA CBs for backup (Shawn Springs). yes I know about the age.

3. My gut feel is that in order of priority we need a corner first.
- Yet a rookie corner is a risk, thus the surprise of not picking up some FA experience).

4. It seems we can still get quality WR, and I'm thinking what we have is going to be better than they were last year.

Date: March 11, 2009 04:27AM

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: March 11, 2009 10:40AM

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: March 11, 2009 11:21AM

Interesting film. I would love to see some 11-on-11 where the DB has some help in taking away some of the options the WR has on his routes. I see the value in this drill, but I think it puts the DB in basically the worst position to succeed...with the WR having all of the advantages of the difference between this and a real game.

That said, the moves he used to get open to the outside and on the long routes down the sidelines and in the end zone seem very 'game-like'. Those situations seem to come down to a WR beating a CB or vice versa.

I wonder if he would have come down with that catch at the end of the first Jets game when Ginn got behind the defender but couldn't break up the INT.

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: March 11, 2009 11:24AM

I think there are a lot questions yet to be answered, but I can see London lined up opposite Ginn next year. I'm not sure if London would see much double coverage in that situation. With Bess or Camarillo in the slot, we would have a pretty good group. Or maybe we could even use the occasional 4 WR set. Imagine that.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 11, 2009 12:55PM

right now CB is a way bigger need than WR. The issue with WR is we have a bunch of average/above average but not great players. At CB we don't even have enough bodies, let alone good players. I think it was a mistake no to sign bodden, goodman, or springs (one of the them). It has forced us to make a pick early and play him rather than draft for value. hopefully BPA will be a CB in round one, but there are not too many CBs in the draft so that does not seem that likely.

Date: March 11, 2009 05:48PM

I don't see an CB's that impress me enough to take in round 1.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Miami Troy ()
Date: March 13, 2009 12:42PM

Harvin or Robiskie! This is a good point you make, Recievers drop every year, its a risky position with WR Busts a plenty. Harvin could bust but I like his game.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: March 15, 2009 04:17PM

The signing of GREEN helps our depth at CB and makes ILB, WR, NT, CB, then special teamers the priorities.

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: March 15, 2009 06:34PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.