HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          The fight with Jonathan Martin and being picked on
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The fight with Jonathan Martin and being picked on
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: December 31, 2013 11:07AM

I heard this a couple weeks ago, when I was among some current players at a mutual friends house party... I didn't want to bring it up, to create bad mojo when things were going good. But since we fell apart. I will share it now...

The players were talking about Wake and Jordan and the defense guys really going after Martin... And that the Dline took it personal that he was such a pussy at LT... The guys said, that Wake harassed Martin the most, telling him to quit, punching him on the field, bull rushing him,always driving him to the ground.... But it all happened mainly on the field... They also brought up there was a fight with Martin in the days before he quit by Dion Jordan... But Wake instigated it and got Jordan to violently attack Martin in pass rush.... They said Jordan was pounding Martin on the ground, and none other then Incognito came up and speared Jordan... Jordan popped up ready to fight, until he realized it was Incognito, and then backed down... They said Incognito was constantly protecting Martin from Wake and the guys every practice.. They said no one on the team wanted to fight with Richie.. They said he was nuts... If a fight popped off and Richie gets involved everybody on both sides of the ball always backed down to him..

But it was the defensive guys that abused and picked on Martin... They thought his game was a joke, and constantly went after him as hard as they could every chance they got...

There is always a battle between the offensive and defensive side of a football team, and it seems Martin got the brunt of it... The defense didn't believe he belonged protecting our QB based on how shitty he practice against them was the gist of it I got...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The fight with Jonathan Martin and being picked on
Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 31, 2013 11:21AM

…do you have photographical evidence to support your hypothesis?

I would be especially interested in something featuring swimsuits, or most definitely thongs.

In such instances black offers superior melding with tanning lines and was the favorite of Ritchie's if memory serves me correctly.

Other than that -- I was at a party recently as well. See what I mean?

BNF.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: December 31, 2013 11:27AM

Hey Incognito seems like he is crazy, and he was made the scapegoat by the team. He is a bad ass, and that is what's needed on this team. Kind of reminds me of my youth guys would always say stay away from him because he is beyond crazy. Man brings back memories of how damn crazy I used to be. Anyway enough of that. Incognito should come back,and help this team if allowed. I only hope that he is allowed too come back because he was unfairly treated by this team, and the front office knows by suspending him while continuing too pay him ridiculous really . By the way that really hurt this team if we don't have that drama midway through the season we make the playoff I believe sad really.

Date: December 31, 2013 11:29AM

BNf man you are certifiable join the club brotha.

Date: December 31, 2013 11:42AM

They also said if Martin was at the party, he would be the guy sitting in the corner by himself staring at the wall... Lost in his own head and being overtly anti social...

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: December 31, 2013 11:43AM

I was very into Martial Arts when I was much younger. From around 88-95. Havn't seen the inside of a do jo for almost 20 yrs. Anyway my sensei and even the current Trainers at the Police academy all share the same principal: You Train like you would fight. You don't let up on your partner because their opponent won't let up on them. You go easy on them , when it comes time to fight , they will lose and maybe just maybe someone's life could depend on it.

Our Defense has a Job. During training they hit the offense like they need to be hit so when Game day comes they are prepared. EVERYONE KNOWS the golden rule......What happens in practice stays at practice because it will make you a better tougher player. They might call him names, punch him , whatever, You see that the opposing Teams do it as well. they punch , grab your nuts, spit, and call your momma every name in the book.

J Martin is less then a man IMO. He ratted on his brothers, the ones that would die for him. the ones trying to prepare him for the ultimate battle. He crossed the line doing what he did. And I hope the entire NFL never forgives him. He is not worthy of a teammates love. Not worthy of anything that happens in the sanctity of the Lockeroom or the practice field.

I don't use the word often and I'm a little upset at myself for feeling that way , but I hate J. martin and everything he stands for. I'm sick of people wanting something in this world without working for it. Without deserving it.

F J Martin and His mother and their brethren. it has no place on a NFL field ruining this great pastime for Millions . F Them all.

(Off soap box)drinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 31, 2013 01:07PM

Crowder, just put it in the same category as JSM08. He is so angry and frustrated about what ultimately happened to our team this year that he takes out his frustrations on anyone who tries to make a criticism even thought that person considers the criticism constructive, he considers it destructive.

And yes, Crowder, thank you for posting this because I said when Bullygate emerged that something just did didn't fit.

I totally was nodding my head when I read what you posted above.

They (Richie and Jonathan) may not have been lovers like I speculated but I totally knew that this was a friendship between the two of them that had gone bad for some reason or the other.

If this is true and Martin turned on Richie, then I wouldn't go so far as Treasure in calling him the scum of the Earth (and BTW Treasure, you felt THE SAME WAY BEFORE you read what Crowder posted) but I think that Martin is pretty chickenshit for turning on a buddy, the guy who stood up for you.

What did Martin want to do? Play with Luck and Coby Fleener?

Why did he do this?

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 31, 2013 01:15PM

If the defense was being hard on Martin because his play was soft...I have no problem with it. He needed them to be...if he couldn't handle it then shame on him.

In any event we'll know the results of the investigation soon enough...and if Martin was a soft player, good riddance.

Date: December 31, 2013 01:26PM

Mizzou- I just find it ironic, that anytime someone posts something you don't like, you go nasty crazy insulting people about it, in an attempt to get the thread closed. But then you tell others to just get over it and don't read it, when referring to other threads or subjects....

Sorry you feel I am such a waste, but I don't post on this forum just for you or to please you... I post relevant information I hear that I think friends of mine on here might be interested in.. I am not a spokesman for anybody or feel like a man for posting this. Does it make you feel like a man to be all nasty with me? Sorry you have such to distaste for me, I don't have it for you... I am just perplexed by how you seem so hypocritical on stances from subject to subject... Either way, sorry you don't like what I post and that you think I am all of those awful things you posted... To each their own... Happy New Year!

Nietzsche

Posted by: Sickofit+1 ()
Date: December 31, 2013 01:35PM

Mizzou totaly uncalled for. I get mad but good god man. Also if Somthing bothers you, it is called PM. Use it to keep the attacks to personalize them. I can understand your anger, but I do not appreciate your behavior. Bad form.

Posted by: Sickofit+1 ()
Date: December 31, 2013 01:38PM

With that said, I do not agree with how Wake and company handled that situation, and also how Martin handled it and if this is true no one invloved deserved to be in the playoffs this year.

Posted by: Flipperlord ()
Date: December 31, 2013 01:41PM

A house party? A couple of weeks ago? During the playoff run?

See what I mean?

Next time you hang out with these dudes, tell them it's obvious that they're paycheck players and they have no guts...except to beat up their own "teammates"...Could have used that gumption against Buffalo...FTT..

Date: December 31, 2013 02:48PM

I have too say the personal attacks lack character, and only lead to chaos on the board. We did not make the playoffs, and we choked in the final 2 games. Attack the players, and coaches not each other mind you this is the new, and improved Finshady as I intend to keep my new years resolution of being nice,and tolerant of all people. even if it kills me, and heck it just might. Happy new year folks from disappointed phins fan to the next.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2013 07:06PM by Finshady.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: December 31, 2013 03:00PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mizzou- I just find it ironic, that anytime
> someone posts something you don't like, you go
> nasty crazy insulting people about it, in an
> attempt to get the thread closed. But then you
> tell others to just get over it and don't read it,
> when referring to other threads or subjects....
>
> Sorry you feel I am such a waste, but I don't post
> on this forum just for you or to please you... I
> post relevant information I hear that I think
> friends of mine on here might be interested in.. I
> am not a spokesman for anybody or feel like a man
> for posting this. Does it make you feel like a man
> to be all nasty with me? Sorry you have such to
> distaste for me, I don't have it for you... I am
> just perplexed by how you seem so hypocritical on
> stances from subject to subject... Either way,
> sorry you don't like what I post and that you
> think I am all of those awful things you posted...
> To each their own... Happy New Year!

Keep posting, Crowder.

BTW, I am curious as to how you are "friendly" with a lot of the players - job, neighborhood...?

Date: December 31, 2013 03:04PM

Sickofit+1 Wrote:
> With that said, I do not agree with how Wake and
> company handled that situation, and also how
> Martin handled it and if this is true no one
> invloved deserved to be in the playoffs this year.

Well, Sickofit+1, I can understand the mentality; our defense has to make sure Martin is ready to protect the valuable asset called Tanneyhill.

I know I am not in the same category as an NFL coach, but while I was coaching youth football, I had a kid who seemed to be timid, and after a while, I had our guys slam into him hard to try to get him to wake up and learn how to "play football." I was unsuccessful, but I tried. I sure could have used him on my defensive line, but he was basically a waste. I believe that it was the parents who were also trying to get him out of his shell, and were (maybe) hoping that football would do it.

Date: December 31, 2013 03:06PM

Same , Happy Holidays to you crowder , My Buddy Chyrene and all the others here . Look around you , we all have a lot to celebrate besides the Dolphins. Would be nice though one day.

I still love you Mizz and I'll try to get my head out of my ass. grinning smileysmileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 31, 2013 03:17PM

smileys with beer

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 31, 2013 04:27PM

I'm wondering if Incognito will be on the team next year.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 31, 2013 04:31PM

happy new year beyotiches!!!

smiling smileydrinking smileyosmileys with beersmileys with beerspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outthumbs upthumbs up

Date: December 31, 2013 04:31PM

montequi Wrote:
> I'm wondering if Incognito will be on the team
> next year.

If I read Philbin correctly, probably not, because he doesn't want problems.

Date: December 31, 2013 05:35PM

That's interesting Cap. The thing about that is WHAT IF Crowder's post was right and that Martin was PICKED ON by Wake and Richie was his protector and then Martin turned on Richie and they had a falling out.

Why in the WORLD WOULD YOU GET RID OF INCOGNITO?????

Date: December 31, 2013 07:12PM

I think Martin had a man crush on Incognito sorry, but I have felt that way for a long time. Maybe he was picked on because of his sexuality. I am not saying it's right remember the new, and improved Finshady for the new year. I just think Martin was confused, and Richie was the fall guy. Anyway I hope we can all except whatever the outcome is because this is the team that we all root for what ever may happen. Happy new year to all, and too those of you who don't like me. I ain't got nothing,but love for you brotha's.

Date: December 31, 2013 07:57PM

You don't sound too far from what I figure, Finshady.

Date: January 01, 2014 09:32AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> That's interesting Cap. The thing about that is
> WHAT IF Crowder's post was right and that Martin
> was PICKED ON by Wake and Richie was his protector
> and then Martin turned on Richie and they had a
> falling out.
>
>
> Why in the WORLD WOULD YOU GET RID OF
> INCOGNITO?????

As I mentioned in another post, I, personally, would not get rid of Richie, and as I said, I don't think the players would have a problem with him returning to the team.

What I am saying, tho, is based on Philbin's record in Miami, if there is any problem with a player, it is Philbin's tendency to get rid of that player.

Richie was involved in the Miami fiasco, so whether Richie is finally "acquitted" won't matter to Philbin; Richie was involved in the mess and Philbin won't want him back.

However, say a new HC comes in, then there is a possibility that Richie will be welcomed back, but that would be Ross' call (I believe).

Date: January 01, 2014 10:27AM

Well Cap I guess I wasn't figuring Philbin into the equation.

Date: January 01, 2014 10:29AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Well Cap I guess I wasn't figuring Philbin into
> the equation.

Lol, Chryen, I am sure you were figuring Philbin would be gone by the time a decision on Richie would be made. drinking smiley

Date: January 01, 2014 10:53AM

Ha, ha, Cap. That's wasn't my point. My point was that Philbin is such a dictator, I hadn't figured that, assuming he was still here, how he would figure into the equation.

Date: January 01, 2014 12:18PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> That's interesting Cap. The thing about that is
> WHAT IF Crowder's post was right and that Martin
> was PICKED ON by Wake and Richie was his protector
> and then Martin turned on Richie and they had a
> falling out.
>
>
> Why in the WORLD WOULD YOU GET RID OF
> INCOGNITO?????

Got him on tape saying the "N" word. Can't do that in ANY context in the public eye. Right or wrong , joking or not, you just can't.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 01, 2014 01:07PM

Speaking politically, you are of course because otherwise a great percentage of the Black athletes would not be playing.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: January 02, 2014 03:21AM

Watched a documentary on Derek Thomas that stated he was a HORRIBLE practice player and would drive the coaches nuts on how bad his effort was.

You dont have to be a great practice player to be great in the games.

The Dolphins never would have let Thomas play.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.