Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          The Problem with the Miami Dolphins IS "Miami"...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
The Problem with the Miami Dolphins IS "Miami"...
Posted by: Flipperlord ()
Date: December 31, 2013 06:53AM

It was clear that this team wasn't focused at all during the playoff "run"...

They did not want to be in Buffalo at all and it showed in them getting steamrolled by a lower tier team.

After the Jets game, I didn't see disappointment or regret over the loss...I saw them whooping it up with the Jets players..making plans about what strip club they are going to hang out or night club to scoop up some ladies at...

Miami is a fun city with lots to do and the Dolphins players get to live in sun and fun year round...win or lose..

So when people ask how the Dolphins have late season swoons EVERY year...even with different owners, coaches, and players? The common denominator is "Miami"...It's gonna be hard to win a title there, just too many distractions.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Problem with the Miami Dolphins IS "Miami"...
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 31, 2013 07:03AM

no offense but that is among the dumbest posts I've seen here in awhile
I guess when the team won in the 70s they were playing in Rochester. And the Miami Heat is playing in a different "Miami"
sheesh

Posted by: marcsbros ()
Date: December 31, 2013 07:04AM

The only 2 that seemed dissapointed were Odrick and Wake.

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: December 31, 2013 07:07AM

Uhhh I guess that could contribute but sounds far fetched

I think the main problem is Ross's gutless intentions and his ability to destroy this team by allowing morons to run it. At a minimum Ireland and that idiot Sherman should have been terminated, yet nothing has changed, just the fans' attitudes.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 31, 2013 07:18AM

sup My Yammie?

Posted by: KB ()
Date: December 31, 2013 07:34AM

IDK 20 y.o. guys with lots of money living in big cities everywhere have the same distractions as they have in Miami.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 31, 2013 07:51AM

I suppose that's the problem with the Heat as well. Oh...wait...eye rolling smiley

Date: December 31, 2013 09:30AM

I was waiting for the Heat reference...lol

Totally different...

The Heat struggled at first too, then they just have the best player in basketball...in a water downed league...(Lebron admits it..plus we all know the league is corrupt and steers favorite teams to victories..

SO...NO COMPARISON to NFL FOOTBALL..

Miami in the early 1970's wasn't the Miami of the last three decades of drugs and vices...coincidence we haven't won a superbowl in 40 plus yrs? Yeah broski's....40yrs...let that sink in a little...

The team that lost on Sunday was unmotivated, flat, and just ready for the season to be over..and they had something very important to play for!!!..if you can't see that from their performance or bad vibes...then you're not watching. The Jets we HAPPY to be pounding Miami. They were into the game, playing tough they won. Vibes were WAY better...and they were out of the playoff chase..

Then to see the loser Dolphin player just chillin' with the Jets players after the game, setting up the party for later...just awful..

Think about it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2013 09:39AM by Flipperlord.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 31, 2013 09:46AM

you are totally letting the coaches and players off the hook by blaming the freaking city.

Date: December 31, 2013 10:24AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> you are totally letting the coaches and players
> off the hook by blaming the freaking city.

No. I am not.

The players need to WANT it. They don't. They have what tons of peeps dream about. Money, living in a great, fun, city..lots of stuff to do..win or lose..they still got it.

I don't see anyone on Miami wanting it except for Wake, Grimes and Odrick. Rest of the team...Tootsys Miami Beach Baby...VIP..

The coaches? Philbin is a mannequin and his team has the same intensity. Just good enough to stay around, but not special by any stretch...

Ireland? Douchebag in the truest sense. Talks like a GM, but isn't one.

Ross? How's this cat rich again?

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: December 31, 2013 10:49AM

Dude, Miami was out of control in the seventies... Probably the smuggling capital of the world.... That is why the cocaine cowboys happened in the early eighties because of the seventies....

Many people blame it on the weather, and the fact we are going to play some away games in the snow, which is never going to be our strong suit...

ps- There are lots of drugs around the Heat and Dolphins players, but guess what the Heat don't play outside....

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.