HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          When you have....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
When you have....
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 30, 2013 02:23AM

No running game, the worst offensive line in football, the worst mismatch of wide recievers, no red zone target, the worst Head Coach in football, the worst offensive coordinator in football...

and we blame the 2nd year QB who almost threw for 4,000 yards and also dropped 25 TD's!?

Well....that makes a lot of sense.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: When you have....
Posted by: KB ()
Date: December 30, 2013 03:21AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No running game, the worst offensive line in
> football, the worst mismatch of wide recievers, no
> red zone target, the worst Head Coach in football,
> the worst offensive coordinator in football...
>
>
> and we blame the 2nd year QB who almost threw for
> 4,000 yards and also dropped 25 TD's!?
>
>
> Well....that makes a lot of sense.

Where have I heard this before...Oh yea, this time EVERY year since 2008...

Date: December 30, 2013 03:25AM

In 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 we had a 2nd year QB who threw for 4,000 yards and 25 TD's?!

wow..

---------------------

Date: December 30, 2013 03:29AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> In 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 we had a 2nd
> year QB who threw for 4,000 yards and 25 TD's?!
>
> wow..

No we had a QB who was OBVIOUSLY sub standard based on his contributions to helping us win games and the same people were saying the same things.

P.S. Throwing for 3900 yards is hardly a feat in this pass happy era we are playing in. Over a third of the starters in the league did it. And, if not for injuries to starters, the number would be closer to half.

Date: December 30, 2013 03:32AM

Well, again, he threw for 3,900 yards with No running game, the worst offensive line in football, the worst mismatch of wide recievers, no red zone target, the worst Head Coach in football, the worst offensive coordinator in football.

Can you name me ONE OTHER QB in that top 1/3 that you speak of that played under these circumstances?

GO ahead... name one, I'll be waiting here...

---------------------

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: December 30, 2013 03:54AM

He had redzone targets he just missed Wallace all the time.

play calling sucked for sure.

Date: December 31, 2013 05:44AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> Well, again, he threw for 3,900 yards with No
> running game, the worst offensive line in
> football, the worst mismatch of wide recievers, no
> red zone target, the worst Head Coach in football,
> the worst offensive coordinator in football.
>
>
> Can you name me ONE OTHER QB in that top 1/3 that
> you speak of that played under these
> circumstances?
>
> GO ahead... name one, I'll be waiting here...

Russel Wilson, Cam Newton and TOM BRADY are all in the TOP 10 most sacked in the league. They aren't sitting at home. But your premise is ridiculous...It's the line, the receivers, blah, blah, blah... THAT is what we have been hearing for 10 years now...It's EVERYTHING but the QB. I say B.S. In todays NFL it's about the IMPACT players and the QB is THE most important of those. We haven't had one in 10 years and THAT is why we are where we are. Put Peyton Manning on this team and Philibin is god, Wallace and Hartline are pro-bowlers and NOBODY notices the line.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2013 05:45AM by KB.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 31, 2013 05:54AM

Too much subjectivity in your core premise to validate your thesis.

My opinion. Of course.

Date: December 31, 2013 06:50AM

KB Wrote:

> Russel Wilson, Cam Newton and TOM BRADY are all in
> the TOP 10 most sacked in the league. They aren't
> sitting at home. But your premise is
> ridiculous...It's the line, the receivers, blah,
> blah, blah... THAT is what we have been hearing
> for 10 years now...It's EVERYTHING but the QB. I
> say B.S. In todays NFL it's about the IMPACT
> players and the QB is THE most important of those.
> We haven't had one in 10 years and THAT is why we
> are where we are. Put Peyton Manning on this team
> and Philibin is god, Wallace and Hartline are
> pro-bowlers and NOBODY notices the line.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
You just named 3 QB's who all have BYE weeks the first week of the playoffs. Pretty sure they are on great teams.

Keep trying.

---------------------

Posted by: marcsbros ()
Date: December 31, 2013 07:02AM

The problem is that we were spoiled fr 17 seasons with Marino and we somehow think that every QB will be as near as dammit to compare to him. Marino always had a very good line in front of him,quality recievers and an unbelievably quick release, the only thing that stopped him getting a ring was a poor running game and a porous defence.

Talents like Marino dont come along very often,but i agree with Aqua&Orange, far too much blame is being placed at the feet of Tannehill.While im not saying Tannehill will be anywhere as good as Marino (thats just daft), with a new oc, new scheme and better protection he may well pan out.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: December 31, 2013 07:30AM

I like you marcsbros, now i've seen you use "daft" and "bullocks" in the last two days, it's like having our own poor mans Ozzy Osbourne on heresmileys with beer

Date: December 31, 2013 07:31AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> KB Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > Russel Wilson, Cam Newton and TOM BRADY are all
> in
> > the TOP 10 most sacked in the league. They
> aren't
> > sitting at home. But your premise is
> > ridiculous...It's the line, the receivers,
> blah,
> > blah, blah... THAT is what we have been hearing
> > for 10 years now...It's EVERYTHING but the QB.
> I
> > say B.S. In todays NFL it's about the IMPACT
> > players and the QB is THE most important of
> those.
> > We haven't had one in 10 years and THAT is why
> we
> > are where we are. Put Peyton Manning on this
> team
> > and Philibin is god, Wallace and Hartline are
> > pro-bowlers and NOBODY notices the line.
>
>
> &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
> You just named 3 QB's who all have BYE weeks the
> first week of the playoffs. Pretty sure they are
> on great teams.
>
> Keep trying.

Or are they great teams because they have great QB's? Argue Chicken or Egg all you want. For 10+ years we have been trying it YOUR way...Any old QB will do, as long as we put high draft picks and money into the line and big name free agent receivers. It has FAILED...miserably. Tannehill is not BAD he just isn't good enough to make much difference. There is noting for me to PROVE, our teams performance proves everything. No one can look at those last two games and think Ryan Tannehill strikes fear in to anyone.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: December 31, 2013 07:46AM

KB Wrote:
> Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> -----
> > KB Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> >
> > > Russel Wilson, Cam Newton and TOM BRADY are
> all
> > in
> > > the TOP 10 most sacked in the league. They
> > aren't
> > > sitting at home. But your premise is
> > > ridiculous...It's the line, the receivers,
> > blah,
> > > blah, blah... THAT is what we have been
> hearing
> > > for 10 years now...It's EVERYTHING but the QB.
>
> > I
> > > say B.S. In todays NFL it's about the IMPACT
> > > players and the QB is THE most important of
> > those.
> > > We haven't had one in 10 years and THAT is
> why
> > we
> > > are where we are. Put Peyton Manning on this
> > team
> > > and Philibin is god, Wallace and Hartline are
> > > pro-bowlers and NOBODY notices the line.
> >
> >
> > &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
> > You just named 3 QB's who all have BYE weeks
> the
> > first week of the playoffs. Pretty sure they
> are
> > on great teams.
> >
> > Keep trying.
>
> Or are they great teams because they have great
> QB's? Argue Chicken or Egg all you want. For 10+
> years we have been trying it YOUR way...Any old QB
> will do, as long as we put high draft picks and
> money into the line and big name free agent
> receivers. It has FAILED...miserably. Tannehill
> is not BAD he just isn't good enough to make much
> difference. There is noting for me to PROVE, our
> teams performance proves everything. No one can
> look at those last two games and think Ryan
> Tannehill strikes fear in to anyone.

Idiotic argument, first of all A&O has never advocated "any old QB would do", secondly, in your original post, you use Peyton Manning as an example of what RT17 is not, nothing like grabbing one of the all time greats to prop up your argument, and thirdly, RT just finished his second year and showed some promise, YES he needs work in some areas, but how can anyone seriously write him off just yet? Didn't San Diego do that with Brees. At times this year, the kid did pretty good for the crap around him, other times, not so good. Only time will tell what he becomes, but the sooner this fan base stops trying to find the next "Dan Marino" the better.

Date: December 31, 2013 07:54AM

If the argument were 'idiotic' we would not be 8-8 and sitting at home...AGAIN. as another poster said. Tannehill has not 'improved' OR performed well enough to be beyond reproach.

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: December 31, 2013 09:16AM

KB Wrote:
> If the argument were 'idiotic' we would not be 8-8
> and sitting at home...AGAIN. as another poster
> said. Tannehill has not 'improved' OR performed
> well enough to be beyond reproach.

Inconsistent and Inaccurate QB's don't last long. I agree he may not be the answer.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: December 31, 2013 10:59AM

Tom Brady may have been in the top 10 for sacks but he also had the 9th ranked rushing attack. Wilson and Newton are running Qb's and do so 2 to 3 times as much as Tannehill.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: December 31, 2013 12:13PM

OK well lets go after the best qb in the first round of the draft,make him run for his life behind the o line but he must throw for at least
4500 yds,40 tds and a max of 10 picks per season and with a non existent running game....and then if he doesnt do it in two years,hes a busted flush..is that what we are after?

In Marinos career he had one running back go over 1000yds (Jabbar) and lets face it,he was freakishly good in 84 behind the best o line in football at the time when he got to the super bowl..plus better than average players like Duper,Clayton,Moore,Nathan,Stephenson,Foster too name a few.

Whos Tannehill got? An o line that would have trouble stopping my mum,Wallace,who has speed, but drops balls too often and gives up to easily if theres a battle for the ball with the opposing cb,Miller and Thomas who cannot pound the ball in,a non existent fullback because the top brass decide we dont need one (even Marino had Bennett,Davenport and Byars),at the start of the season we go in with 4 wideouts and cut Moore,because lets face it,if he cant make the cut,he cant be any good,then we lose Gibson...and resign Moore?? If it wasnt for Hartline and Clay,we probably would have only won 6 games

Does anyone think we would be a better team if we had say,Russell Wilson..no we wouldnt.Andy Dalton is not as good as Tannehill,but he has quality players around him,thats why hes in the playoffs.

The o line didnt protect or create holes,the 5th ranked run defence is now in the 20s,we have middle of the road linebackers,average wideouts,one running back is just speed and the other who has to be told which way to run with the ball.....but its all Tannehils fault right!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 31, 2013 12:43PM

marcbros, no one would advocate using a first round draft choice on a QB next year UNLESS Bret Hundley or Johnny Manziel was there for the taking without us trading up or something.

I don't think there is a snowball's chance in hell of that happening.

But, should we go for a THIRD ROUNDER OR later, just so that WE HAVE MORE ON THE BENCH than Matt Moore and Pat Devlin?????????? I think it is worth it.

No one is saying BENCH Tanny or Trade him.

We are just quietly saying that if one is expecting Tanny to ultimately join the class, CLASS A THAT IS, of Eli and Peyton and Brady, and Brees and Rodgers, he just simply does not have that talent level, and it grieves me to say so.

You guys were talking about how I defended Chad Henne, who by the way is still starting in the NFL,............well I've defended Tannehill for the same amount of time.

Someone pointed out that I've learned my lesson.

That is spot on.

Not the Buffalo game where Tanny didn't have time to take a second breath but the Jets game where Tanny had all day and still could not hit the broad side of a barn beyond 20 yards.

But that is not that bad, in and of itself.

Tanny is basically going to be all of his career a Class B quarterback. He is going to be in the class of the Matt Ryans, the Sam Bradfords, the Kyle Ortons, and yes, the Chad Hennes.

Posted by: Sickofit+1 ()
Date: December 31, 2013 01:47PM

Tanny had a bad day. Also alot of drops also horrible play calling. Jesus guys Tanny isnt Brady yet but come on. How can you actually believe he isn't franchise worthy? Lol Mike Sherman has Tanny handcuffed like no ones business and people hate oj Tanny. Hell Manning would bitch slap Sherman everytime that old asshole tried to call one of his stupid plays.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 31, 2013 01:53PM

Sickofit, Tanny has his talents. He will be a Grade B QB but his inability to throw the deep ball will prevent him from ever becoming a grade A QB.

That doesn't mean we need to replace him.

And HEAVENS NO, the failures of this team ARE NOT HIS FAULT, without what little he did, we would not have gotten as far as we did BECAUSE GOD KNOWS WE HAVE NO RUNNING GAME.

I've just come to the SAD realization, AFTER FIGHTING AND ARGUING WITH dolphin for two years, that we may have a franchise QB, so is Matty Ryan a franchise QB, but he is no grade A QB.

As long as you want to accept that, that's ok. Should we spend heaven and earth to get to the point where we draft Manziel or Hundley, Hell no!

Do we take them if they drop in our laps, Hell yes.

Should we try to get another Colin Kaepernick or Russell Wilson in the late rounds? Yes.

Date: December 31, 2013 02:10PM

Thats what im saying.The 1st round,and probably 2nd will have to go on o line help surely but the big thing is IF,and its a big IF,are we really gonna chuck say a 3rd round pick in the hope we find a Russell Wilson? I would rather get some positions sorted elsewhere and get Tanny the coaching i think he needs and deserves after playing with some of the crap he has this season.............he needs a quality supporting cast,signing Mike Wallace, or as Jim Nantzs calls him on Madden 25 "MiWallers",wasnt going to take us to the hallowed ground.

"You cant fix a broken leg with a sticking plaster".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.