HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Kubiak fired
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Kubiak fired
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 06, 2013 09:55AM

He obviously had health issues this season.
He sure would look nice on the Miami sidelines as an OC.
He had a dominating o-line when he was in Denver.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kubiak fired
Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: December 06, 2013 10:57AM

I would like to have Kubiak as OC (maybe HC). I think we should keep Philbin as HC for stability sakes but Sherman needs to go. Kubiak started coaching under George Seifert and was a qb coach. He would be great for developing Tanny. An instant upgrade and maybe the difference maker in winning some games for us.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 06, 2013 11:30AM

As a HC I always had the feeling (intuitive psychic impression) Gary was "uncomfortable" and not legit HC material. Even while being relatively "successful" he exuded the aura of someone (proverbially speaking) in over his head.

That core point established, as much as I've pissed on Philbin -- I think Joe is notably more legit as HC "material" and can carry the load. And we need to understand the incredible demands of being a HC in the N F L are far more grueling than 99% of the applicants are ready for!

So yea, maybe Gary Kubiak would be a positive addition -- but I think the dude is going to need some significant time to decompress. And I think his type of personality (based on my aura analysis) is more suited for (drum roll) the college game!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 06, 2013 11:41AM

Won't solve the problem by bringing in Kubiak as OC. Problem is Philbin.

And Philbin and Sherman are two sides of the same body. Most of the play designs that are complained of.....and I need to stress that I'm only talking about the controversial play calls...are the important ones and I hardly think that the OC is the ONLY one having input in those plays.

Bringing in Kubiak as OC would only set up a conflict between he and Philbin and I guarantee you Philbin would not listen to him, particularly, since they would have fired his buddy Sherman to put this guy there.

You REALLY think Philbin would not resent that?

Sherman gave Philbin his job and Philbin returned the favor.

Philbin is stubborn if he is anything, whether you agree or not that he is a good or bad or learning coach. One thing cannot be disputed is that he has a great ego. Remember when he was widely criticized for not running a QB sneak on a 4th and 1 INCH and goal but handing off the ball five yards back and THE VERY NEXT game he did the same thing to show that he was in charge???????

No, I'd rather keep Philbin and Sherman than fire Sherman and bring in Kubiak, EVEN THOUGH there would at least be someone TRYING TO TALK SENSE TO PHILBIN if that were done.

He'd just get Kubiak fired again because Ross obviously is in love with Philbin if he was NOT using reverse psychology when he defended Philbin in his bullygate press conference.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: December 06, 2013 06:46PM

Date: December 06, 2013 06:54PM

I agree that it is cold-blooded, Panteraize.

But look how they switched from Case at QB in that game back to Matt Schaub in desperation.

The screaming must even be louder in Houston than in Miami.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 06, 2013 09:30PM

Bob McNair, CEO of the Texans was honest when he spoke of this being business and result oriented. Winning is good; losing is very bad.

I saw McNair's open questioning about the decision to fire Kubiak. He was candid, matter-of-fact, about his release. From what I saw of him, I sensed that it was a difficult decision personally, but one that needed to be done following Thursday night's 11th loss in a row. It's a shame when people loss their job, and painful for the guy having to tell them they must be "let go."

Millions of dollars are at stake, and winning is part of that profit based business decision.

When I saw McNair's demeanor, I thought this guy should be owner of the Dolphins, not Steven Ross, who I'm pretty certain is profit driven, but far too tolerant of failure.

Lt Gen George Patton is known for being a bit intolerant and perhaps impatient at times. He is known for having said to failing commanders, something like this: "If you can't do the job, I will get someone who can."

Patton was charming as well as crass. He had a temper and swore like drunken sailor to get his points across. He also appreciated, greatly appreciated fortitude and effort from his soldiers.

WWPD ChryenB ? --Patton would have fired Kubiak two or three losses earlier to change things up for the Texans.

I would also venture to say that Gary Kubiak's health was effected by all those losses. Hopefully, he will regain his health and get an opportunity to work for another NFL organization.

Date: December 06, 2013 10:09PM

It's interesting you bring up Patton. I was thinking about him in reference to football last week but not to Houston's situation but to Miami's.

Patton was as egotistical and strong willed a commander as you could find but those traits in him did not cross over to foolhardiness and thus he was successful.

On the other hand, there was the egotism and strong willedness of General George Armstrong Custer. Those traits in him did crossover to foolhardiness.

To me Philbin is more Custer than Patton.

Date: December 07, 2013 05:57AM

Oh come on.

It's not "cold-blooded!" That's just the glory of the divinely inspired free-market capitalist system at its best. Sweep the trash out FAST and maximize for the corporate good and to hell with whatever human consequences there are! After all, corporations are people too and they deserve the very best care and attention we can lavish upon them.

Kubiak is damaged goods and just like those unemployed losers living large on food stamps -- he would just be hanging around leeching off the system when its better to be thrown-out on the street. It's tough love baby! No time for losers. Winning (and profits) must be achieved at all costs.

Truly, I feel sorry for the rich folks. They're so misunderstood…

Do us all a favor and go thank your local billionaire.

BNF.

Date: December 07, 2013 10:27AM

LOL. I'm gonna resist, BNF.

Date: December 07, 2013 10:35AM

Yo Chairmen, sometimes you have to sneak up on the trap very carefully. Sniff around. Put your nose to the wind. Then go spit on some poor slob lounging on the park bench!

It's good therapy. Especially during the manic consumer extravaganza we call Xmas. Superiority wears well in any season!

All the best. Live the dream in 2-thousand fourteen!

smiling bouncing smiley

Date: December 07, 2013 11:02AM

All the best to you too.smileys with beer

Posted by: phinsfan402 ()
Date: December 07, 2013 12:12PM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh come on.
>
> It's not "cold-blooded!" That's just the glory of
> the divinely inspired free-market capitalist
> system at its best. Sweep the trash out FAST and
> maximize for the corporate good and to hell with
> whatever human consequences there are! After all,
> corporations are people too and they deserve the
> very best care and attention we can lavish upon
> them.

I think you're mistaking corporatism for capitalism.

Also, firing a guy after a stroke was probably difficult but some time away from football is going to help his stress levels and health more than anything else will. Besides, the guy will get job offers as an OC. Clearly he knows how to coach offense and from what I've read he is well connected around the league.

Date: December 07, 2013 12:18PM

RE: Free Market "Capitalism"

Sort of like the supposed element "luminiferous ether," or the idiotic "cosmic constant," or even "Santa Claws."

It's do NOT EXIST in reality.

Strictly a ruse used to sedate the masses.

BNF.

PS: Sorry if I busted your bubble about Santa.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2013 12:20PM by BigNastyFish.

Posted by: phinsfan402 ()
Date: December 07, 2013 02:54PM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> RE: Free Market "Capitalism"
>
> Sort of like the supposed element "luminiferous
> ether," or the idiotic "cosmic constant," or even
> "Santa Claws."
>
> It's do NOT EXIST in reality.
>
> Strictly a ruse used to sedate the masses.
>
> BNF.
>
> PS: Sorry if I busted your bubble about Santa.

No worries, I've been clued in about Santa for a while.

And I don't disagree with you, free market capitalism certainly doesn't exist in America or any other country to my knowledge.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.