HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          NFL QBs stats.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: NFL QBs stats.
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 03, 2013 09:11AM

1984 dan the man 5 grand yards 48 tds...over 100 rating....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: December 03, 2013 09:43AM

And Marino led the league in QB rating. First full season as starter. That was highly unusual for the time and he changed the game and the expectations....BUT

No rookies played all that well until expectations changed in 2008 when Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco were drafted.

2009 produced players like Matt Stafford, Mark Sanchez and Josh Freeman. They failed to match the 2009 class and all struggled with more ints than TD's and few yards.

2010 produced Sam bradford, Jimmy Clausen and Tim Tebow. Again no match for the 2008 season. At this point 2008 seems like an anomaly.

2011 Cam Newton, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder and Andy Dalton. Expectations were high again with good seasons by Newton and Dalton.

2012 Now everyone thinks rookie QB's should perform like RG3, Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson.

Too bad the two stars of that bunch fell back to earth a bit. RG3 is having a bad year. Maybe due to the injury. Luck is having a decent year but he is no phenom that everyone marks him to be. Russell Wilson is a stud.

2013 rookie QB's? What rookie QB's?

Tannehill progresses and seems to get better and better. Not without setbacks but anyone should be able to see the talent and progression.

Compare his 2nd year numbers to any successful (long term) franchise QB and I guarantee he matches up quite nicely. I would even venture to say he outperformed most of them in yards, QB rating, completion %, etc..

Brett Favre, Joe Montana, Steve Young, Steve McNair, Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, Peyton Manning, Drew Bledsoe...etc

Just remember. Most, if not all those guys played 4 years of college ball and did not get side tracked being a (very successful) WR for two years.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 03, 2013 09:54AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If im not against tannehill i cannot be against
> philbin chren....

I don't know how you have to say that if Philbin MIS-uses Tanny. If a coach does not utilize the quarterback's talent, why do you say your have to either praise both of them or criticize both of them.

They are separable to me. Good QB, Lousy Coach.

>
>
> tannehill was drafted in the first round....a
> QB.....when philbin came here.....And we hadnst
> drafter a qb in the first round since forever...

Ireland did the drafting.

>
> They both should go together IMO. If or when it
> happens.
>
>
> Philbin deserves some time to develop as well...He
> is only been a head coach for one year.

Philbin is in his second year. He has only one COMPLETE year but is in the 13th game out of 16 IN HIS SECOND YEAR.

Date: December 04, 2013 04:40AM

Date: December 04, 2013 10:48AM

Date: December 04, 2013 01:21PM

Date: December 04, 2013 01:44PM

Said that he and you have a stupid and idiotic way of looking at things.

Not the same as calling you stupid or idiotic. Fine line granted but a line nonetheless.

Date: December 04, 2013 01:50PM

And BTW, Herm Edwards is a former coach. I take his statements as being entirely political.

It would not have been cool at all for him to look at THE NEGATIVE SIDE of the entire matter from the standpoint of the coach which is "how did this even happen on your watch?" (remember it was an atmosphere and a long string of conduct not one incident)

But he could take up for a fellow coach by saying "Look how great he has handled this thing AFTER it came to light!!!!"

Now if there was a SPORTS writer that made those comments, I would disagree but I would not be staring at an obvious political motive of taking up for one of his fellow coaches.

Date: December 04, 2013 04:12PM

Date: December 05, 2013 04:36AM

Date: December 05, 2013 09:46AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> SamWrote:> tannehill was drafted in the first
> round....a
> > QB.....when philbin came here.....And we hadnst
>
> > drafter a qb in the first round since forever...
>
>
> Chren wrote: Ireland did the drafting.
>
>
>
>
> Reply ....Ireland also did the drafting for quite
> a few years back and never drafted a qb in the
> first round. Until phinbin was hired as the head
> coach? coincidence? IMHO No.

I guess your point is give Philbin credit for bringing Tanny in. I don't necessarily agree that he should get ALL the credit for doing so EVEN if I give him SOME credit.

I guess your argument is that Ireland should get NO credit because he hadn't drafted a QB since maybe Henne and one should assume that he would not have done so had Philbin not been here. That may or may not be true but let's just suppose for the moment that it is true.

I think that everyone was screaming for us to draft a QB so that we were going to draft SOME QB but let's let you have that one.

Okay lets get back to the discussion.........................

You said that Philbin and Tannehill go hand in hand and if we fire one we should get rid of the other.

My point was that I STRONGLY DISAGREE.

Even if one concedes that Philbin brought Tannehill here (and again I'm not that sure) does that mean that Philbin can not properly use Tannehill's natural talents, try to force him to be a pocket qb, try to force him to keep throwing the long ball where he is not good at it?

All those things? Do you blame the quarterback for that use of himself?

Let me make it plain and simple. Suppose we TRADE Tannehill after RGIII goes down with a career ending injury and the Redskins take Tannehill and he ends up winning five SuperBowls in a row....just want your answer.....suppose Tannehill goes on to the Hall of Fame.

You still gonna say that "Philbin is NOT the ONLY ONE to blame"?

Date: December 05, 2013 09:56AM

Chren look at it this way.............Forget about philbin for a second....................

If iam the QB and the rush is coming and i scramble and make a good throw......

then i do it again.......(Because he has done numerous times) succesfully.

Then my question is why not do it again.....

I doubt the coaches tell him to sit there and take the sack like he keeps on doing.

Maybe he doesnt have the ability to make plays on the run....Improvise? on a consistent basis.

Like whats his name the seattle QB?

Date: December 05, 2013 10:05AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Chren look at it this way.............Forget about
> philbin for a second....................
>
>
> If iam the QB and the rush is coming and i
> scramble and make a good throw......
>
>
> then i do it again.......(Because he has done
> numerous times) succesfully.
>
> Then my question is why not do it again.....
>
>
> I doubt the coaches tell him to sit there and take
> the sack like he keeps on doing.
>
>

RESPONSE TO ALL YOU SAID ABOVE: Exactly.

If the guy doesn't have the talent, don't have him doing it.

If the guy does not have the sense to throw the ball in the cheap seats, it's either because he's stupid OR MAYBE he's trying to satisfy the coaches and keep his job OR MAYBE because he does not have the natural ability to avoid a sack in the pocket as most pocket QBs do. But no matter what, it's on the coaches when you keep trying to force a square peg into a round hole.

> Maybe he doesnt have the ability to make plays on
> the run....Improvise? on a consistent basis.
>
>
> Like whats his name the seattle QB?

They have run some read option plays for him sporadically in the first quarter of a few games and Tannehill has excelled at them.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.