HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins view of game.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Dolphins view of game.
Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: December 02, 2013 04:11AM

I'm afraid fans will be fooled by this win. The Jets are HORRIBLE, they could have lost just by showing up.

Tannehill again missed 3-4 wide open receivers deep. The 2 TD's he had were great plays by the WR and horrible tackiling by the defense. He is just not very good at all.

The defense gave up 3 points, but that is only because the Jets QB sucked. A couple times the receiver was wide open and Geno missed them by 5 yards, otherwise the coverage was brutal.

Go back and watch the tape on Tannehill even Marino and Cowher were talking how bad he is.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins view of game.
Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 02, 2013 04:33AM

I don't think anyone's going to give Tannehill a Nobel prize for his performance yesterday.

But the Jets are a team that have haunted us so terribly over the years, that any win over them shouldn't be taken for granted, yet it's always an accomplishment in an of itself.

Even with mediocre to bad quarterbacks.. for example Richard Todd used to beat us on a regular basis and he stunk against almost every team in the league other than us. The Monday Night "miracle" alone was reason enough to be happy any time we beat them. And that's not even mentioning their fans.

I'm not fooled, just happy to beat that repulsive team.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: December 02, 2013 04:38AM

I am not taking anything from yesterdays game. No pride in kicking someones ass that stinks worse than you. We are bad the Jets are pathetic.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 02, 2013 04:38AM

Yes, it's very easy to become too impressed by the win against the hapless Jets. Geno Smith is well over his head right now and his replacement Matt Simms didn't have enough "practice" during the week according to commentators, so, he was in it to finish off a lousy Jets effort.

As to Tannehill, he does show promise in the short game, hitting WRs pretty regularly, moving the ball with running effort by the receiver after the catch. Part of WR success was the weak secondary play, no doubt, but plays were made--can't take that away from our WRs. On long throws, Tannehill's timing isn't there, nor is his accuracy. He may be able to fling the ball out there, strength may be there, but hitting a moving target is another thing. Throwing the deep pass is not his strong suit.

We all believe that Tannehill needs time to throw a deep pass, yet, when there is time, his throws have been short, or if long, left or right of the WR's route. Let's hope this improves.

What do you guys consider a long throw? Over 20, 30 + yards?

Date: December 02, 2013 05:05AM

If he improves on the long pass, the team could do some damage.

Any pass where the guy is wide open on a streak he cannot throw. does not matter if it is 15 or more, he just cant do it. it does not matter the receiver as he missed Moore yesterday.

very few throws are 30 plus yards most of the time the time the guy is open by then.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: December 02, 2013 05:12AM

Tannehill's passes over 20-25 yards are just poor, no way around it. As colonel said, the arm strength is there, the timing and (most importantly) ACCURACY isn't. That said, with the O we are trying to run, the deep ball isn't a MUST. TO me the lack of pocket presence/awareness is MUCH more troubling...say what you will, the pocket collapses a dozen times a game on Manning, Brady, Brees, Wilson, etc. They seem to instinctively step away from the pressure or get rid of the ball.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: December 02, 2013 05:24AM

Maybe they can get Marino in for some deep ball passing lessons...

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: December 02, 2013 05:45AM

dolphin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If he improves on the long pass, the team could do
> some damage.
>
> Any pass where the guy is wide open on a streak he
> cannot throw. does not matter if it is 15 or more,
> he just cant do it. it does not matter the
> receiver as he missed Moore yesterday.
>
> very few throws are 30 plus yards most of the time
> the time the guy is open by then.

he was getting pounded as he threw that pass.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 02, 2013 05:55AM

Tannehill isnt going to the pro bowl because of this performance but this win is so sweet.

It makes every dolphans christmas much better.

And it will get even more enjoyable when they come play at miami.

Just that makes for a wonderfull season.

I love it.

But you have to be a fan to realize and live what we dolphin fans are living right now.

In my book we just beat the jets in the superbowl 23-3.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: December 02, 2013 06:07AM

Date: December 02, 2013 06:43AM

There are always idiot fans of other teams infiltrated here.

Date: December 02, 2013 09:32AM

I'll not get excited about beating a horrible team that probably would have lost even if the Dolphins did not show for the game.

eesti is freaking clueless. Tannehill throws a 5 yard pass to hartline who breaks tackle and out runs the defense and does all the work ,but tannehill is the best!!! uh wrong.

he seems to forget that he under threw hartline by 10 yards when he was wide open, or that he didnt even throw to hartline running wide open towards the endzone. or that he missed Moore streaking wide open 10 yards past the defender. or over threw Clay in the endzone. missed clay wide open down the middle or missed, well he should get the picture by now, but does not.

Date: December 02, 2013 10:08AM

Dolphin you seem awfull depressed because of this win....LMAO...

And the other blowhard yawning smileydolphin1 has gone fishing or is on a bussiness trip.

He nowhere to be found.

BWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Date: December 02, 2013 10:20AM

dolphin Wrote:
> I'll not get excited about beating a horrible team
> that probably would have lost even if the Dolphins
> did not show for the game.
>
> eesti is freaking clueless. Tannehill throws a 5
> yard pass to hartline who breaks tackle and out
> runs the defense and does all the work ,but
> tannehill is the best!!! uh wrong.
>
> he seems to forget that he under threw hartline by
> 10 yards when he was wide open, or that he didnt
> even throw to hartline running wide open towards
> the endzone. or that he missed Moore streaking
> wide open 10 yards past the defender. or over
> threw Clay in the endzone. missed clay wide open
> down the middle or missed, well he should get the
> picture by now, but does not.

Sow you are expecting a 95% completion rate? Those plays you talk about make up about 1% of his attempts. No one ever said RT wasn't having trouble with the deep ball. It's just that you want to try and convince everyone that he has been doing this for 20 years and that you have some insight the rest of the world cannot see. It's pretty comical!

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Sickofit+1 ()
Date: December 02, 2013 10:32AM

Tanny has been a qb for what four years? Enough said drop it enjoy the @#$%& win.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 02, 2013 10:54AM

You know, a deep bomb passing game is really NOT ESSENTIAL to a consistently winning football team. When Brees was at Purdue, he used to KILL the opposition with the short passing game.

Just because you have a Wallace or a Brandon Marshall does not mean that you should be disappointed that they are catching 2 or 3 touchdown deep ball passes EACH game.

The fact that they draw attention away from your shorter passes is enough.

and remember a completion of 15 yards IS a first down.

My problem is that they are devoting so much attention to long passes (and I agree Tanny does not have the deep ball gene in him) and trying to force it to justify Wallace's salary, that we are ending drives prematurely instead of doing what we can do and controlling the ball and extending drives.

Stop dreaming and do what you do best.

Date: December 02, 2013 10:56AM

Sickofit+1 Wrote:
> Tanny has been a qb for what four years? Enough
> said drop it enjoy the @#$%& win.

Almost 2 years in the NFL and about 3 days work in college. Not even close to 4 years.

Date: December 02, 2013 10:56AM

I say he is doing really well for the time hes had to prepare and the Oline woes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.