HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          RT and Wallace
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
RT and Wallace
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 18, 2013 11:46AM

Yep, RT missed Wallace on a deep streak yet once again.

Now, since that seems to be a problem for RT, why not have Wallace run deep post patterns (ensuring, of course, that the safety isn't sitting in the middle of the field)?

If Miami insists on running those streaks down the sideline, then get RT in the mode of stepping back and letting the ball fly well before Wallace even gets close to being downfield and let him run under the ball.

The key is an early release by RT. If he does that, then there would be a good percentage of those throws being completed.

RT has a strong arm. Not getting it to Wallace is because he is in a hurry to get the ball out because his line can't hold the defenders long enough, or does Wallace just have too much speed and RT doesn't have that "cannon" for an arm?

I would think that with Wallace beating the defense as often as he has that the coaches would be working with RT and Wallace to get those plays down to where it would be an easy throw and completion. I asked before, but who in hell is the QB coach for the Dolphins?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: RT and Wallace
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 18, 2013 12:39PM

Cap, RT has a strong arm but not an accurate one for the deep ball.

His accuracy range is 15 to 20 yards and he is deadly there but pass 20 yards his accuracy is more like hitting the lotto.

He can be deadly effective in his range but out of it, he is lost.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 18, 2013 01:35PM

He doesn't seem to have a very accurate throw on the crossing routes either. It seems that a lot of his throws are behind the receiver. In fact, if you look at the replays both Keller and Gibson were hurt trying to catch poorly thrown balls, getting hit and then landing awkwardly.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: November 20, 2013 04:02AM

Tanny's consistently under throwing his target, which to me says he has accuracy...but just doesn't push the ball out of his hand with enough strength. Whether this is mental or physical is the question.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: November 20, 2013 07:06AM

Isaid the signing would be a waste because Tannehill cannot throw the deep ball. Imagine how great Wallace's stats would be with Moore who can throw the deep ball. I heard today Tannehill has missed him over a dozen times.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 20, 2013 09:36AM

dolphin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Isaid the signing would be a waste because
> Tannehill cannot throw the deep ball. Imagine how
> great Wallace's stats would be with Moore who can
> throw the deep ball. I heard today Tannehill has
> missed him over a dozen times.

I think i would have to agree.

I think moore would take us to the promise land.

I think moore is a pro bowler in the works. He is just playing possum for when the right time comes.

I think we can win a superbowel with moore.

I think moore is all that and a bag of marvels. Crocket marvels at that.

I think moore would do an even better job quaterbacking the grill at mickey Ds.

MOORE AKA the future of the miami dolphins. ASS a clipboard reading journymen.

Date: November 20, 2013 09:46AM

This coaching staff will continue to MIS-use Tanny and his God given assets until they finally "declare" him a bust and trade him to another team who will properly use him and he will become another RGIII, Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick and will be an All Pro.

...........and Philbin will throw up his hands and say "He never played that way for us."

Date: November 20, 2013 09:49AM

chren you mean RG3 before the injury right?

Because the current RG3 is nothing with out the legs.

Date: November 20, 2013 09:59AM

That's the price you pay but with RGIII that happened while he was open field running and could have happened to ANY running back or even any POCKET quarterback who scrambled out of the pocket and had to run for it.

In fact, I've seen FAR MORE quarterbacks suffer career ending injuries while foot planted in the course of passing and getting hit on the legs.

Date: November 20, 2013 10:11AM

marino wouldnt scramble if his life depended on it. and he was injured many times and had many surgeries.

His last surgery was an archiles tendon injury he suffered while he was moving in the pocket. he didnt even get hit.

Injuries are part of a game and they can happen to anybody.

RG3 has just not been the same after the injury and i think i rather have tannehill at this point than RG3.

And it doesn end there...either...

I knew RG3 was not going to last in this league the way he plays...

He will continue to run until he really gets hurt.

I can understand scrambling and trying to buy time to find a receiver but the way he plays like a RB type slash.....wont last in this league.

Unfortunately thats his game.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: November 20, 2013 07:22PM

Reason why RT & Wallace are struggling to hook up deep is because Mike Sherman doesn't call a deep fly route often enough for them to build that chemistry. Wallace's speed is being totally under-utilized. Screw having him here to be a "decoy"...WTF kind of pathetic coaching mentality is that? Keep throwing him the damn ball until these two are on the same f-ing page!!!

I'd be chucking it deep all night long in hopes of at least getting a PI penalty (what the Pats do ALL THE TIME). RT simply doesn't have enough deep plays called to Wallace often enough. Chucking it to him deep only 1-2 times per game isn't going to get the job done, and any armchair coach at home can see that. Sherman has no balls whatsoever.

This team is under-coached. If Brady had a speed guy like Wallace on his team he'd probably have 10 TD's with him by now, and if Calvin Johnson were here he'd have nowhere near the numbers he has in Detroit. This coaching staff sucks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2013 07:24PM by 808phan.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: November 21, 2013 04:04AM

I don't see why people are so down on Tannehill. He is having a pretty good season and is ranked higher than anyone thinks. He is going to be fine and continue to improve. I have littel doubt.

We were all down on Sherman but he called a good game last week.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: sickofit ()
Date: November 21, 2013 11:27AM

My pest control guy came today. He is a Dolphins fan. Mind you we live in DC.

He knows I love the Dolphins too. He says to me, "I don't know why the dolphins never wanna spend money to get a good QB". He then goes on to tell me that's why the other players are playing like crap, because they don't think Tanny is it. And they don't wanna play for him. I am increasingly hearing from every Miami fan I know that They've lost confidence in Tanny.

Date: November 21, 2013 12:03PM

Tanny doesn't have time to throw many deep balls.

Plus our opponents are not idiots. They know what a threat Wallace is and make sure he is covered short and long.

The thing you gotta do however, is keep burning them with Hartline, burning them with Hartline, burning them with Hartline, burning them with Hartline and burning them with Hartline until they get SICK of that and let up on Wallace.

This is what John Wooden would have done, it's what Shula would do, but you think our brain dead "FORCE-THE-SQUARE-PEG-IN-THE-ROUND-HOLE" coaches will???? Of course not. Philbin got to be a head coach after 20 other inferior positions and he's gonna show that he's gonna win HIS WAY (with apologies to Frank Sinatra).

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: November 22, 2013 04:41AM

sickofit Wrote:
> My pest control guy came today. He is a Dolphins
> fan. Mind you we live in DC.
>
> He knows I love the Dolphins too. He says to me,
> "I don't know why the dolphins never wanna spend
> money to get a good QB". He then goes on to tell
> me that's why the other players are playing like
> crap, because they don't think Tanny is it. And
> they don't wanna play for him. I am increasingly
> hearing from every Miami fan I know that They've
> lost confidence in Tanny.

Far be it for me to criticize the intellect of the highly educated "pest control guy" but his are probably the dumbest couple of statements I have heard in a very long time.

There are two position groups that are to blame for multiple losses of this team....O-line and LBer...PERIOD.

Tannehill has had his bad moments with pick 6's and such but he also has been resilient and usually came back and put the team in a position to win.

It was the LB'ers who let the opposing offenses run the ball down our throats at the ends of games AND the o-line who gave up sacks at key times in games that ended our chances....not to mention they have made the offense one dimensional in most games because they couldn't run block to save their lives.

Tannehill has carried this offense to any success it has had. Anyone who cannot see that needs to go back and watch the games again.

He had poor OVERALL performances vs NOLA, Buffalo and SD. That counts for two losses and just barely to Buffalo.

If you remember correctly, we were up 21-17 in the 3rd quarter after the first (3rd quarter) drive ended with a TD pass to Gibson.

Then Buffalo grinded 8 minutes off the clock by running the ball down the defenses throat play after play but it ended with a FG.

Now 21-20 Miami

4th quarter with 3 minutes left on 2nd play, RT was blindsided and lost the ball. (NO BLOCKING)

Buffalo takes over with 2:48 left and marches down the field IN ONLY 6 RUNNING PLAYS...kicks a FG...game over.

There were other games where his "numbers" (comp %) were not good but don't forget those game with multiple, consecutive, drive ending DROPS and allowed sacks.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 22, 2013 06:07AM

And a plethora of injuries...and the scandal which definately cost us the Buc's game.

Despite these things we've been competitive in every game so far.

We have a lot to build upon and the team will get things together...if we keep our continuity.

If we start over we'll be in the cellar again fighting to win one or two games each year.

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: November 22, 2013 10:50AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> This coaching staff will continue to MIS-use Tanny
> and his God given assets until they finally
> "declare" him a bust and trade him to another team
> who will properly use him and he will become
> another RGIII, Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick
> and will be an All Pro.
>
> ...........and Philbin will throw up his hands and
> say "He never played that way for us."

For the record, Tanny beat the Seahawks and Russell Wilson head to head last year. I recall a perfectly thrown wheel route to Charles Clay being the dagger

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 22, 2013 10:55AM

sickofit Wrote:
> My pest control guy came today. He is a Dolphins
> fan. Mind you we live in DC.
>
> He knows I love the Dolphins too. He says to me,
> "I don't know why the dolphins never wanna spend
> money to get a good QB". He then goes on to tell
> me that's why the other players are playing like
> crap, because they don't think Tanny is it. And
> they don't wanna play for him. I am increasingly
> hearing from every Miami fan I know that They've
> lost confidence in Tanny.

a fellow DC phins fan. at least we live in a town where the local team sucks too (glad I no longer live in Boston)

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 22, 2013 02:06PM

808phan Wrote:
> Reason why RT & Wallace are struggling to hook up
> deep is because Mike Sherman doesn't call a deep
> fly route often enough for them to build that
> chemistry. Wallace's speed is being totally
> under-utilized. Screw having him here to be a
> "decoy"...WTF kind of pathetic coaching mentality
> is that? Keep throwing him the damn ball until
> these two are on the same f-ing page!!!
>
> I'd be chucking it deep all night long in hopes of
> at least getting a PI penalty (what the Pats do
> ALL THE TIME). RT simply doesn't have enough deep
> plays called to Wallace often enough. Chucking it
> to him deep only 1-2 times per game isn't going to
> get the job done, and any armchair coach at home
> can see that. Sherman has no balls whatsoever.
>
> This team is under-coached. If Brady had a speed
> guy like Wallace on his team he'd probably have 10
> TD's with him by now, and if Calvin Johnson were
> here he'd have nowhere near the numbers he has in
> Detroit. This coaching staff sucks.

That is partially true.

RT admitted that at times the play is called but RT often times doesn't have the time to set and fire, so he goes to a check down. Also, when he doesn't have that time and tries to go to Wallace anyway, he can't set his feet and the pass is off. But, RT has also admitted that he has to do a better job of getting the ball to Wallace on those deep routes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.