HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Thank You Jonathan Martin
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Thank You Jonathan Martin
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: November 11, 2013 04:40PM

You petty scared biatch routine screwed up this team for years. You good for nothing fat big crying ass baby. I hope your happy you fat LOSER. Stay away from this team because you have screwed it up more than you'll ever know. You're a coward for taking the easy they picked on my card. You quit on your team the fans, and mostly yourself. Bye Bye you big baby.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thank You Jonathan Martin
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 11, 2013 05:20PM

but what I want to know, Finshady, is which one do you hate the most? Him or Scam Newton?

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: November 11, 2013 06:58PM

Thats on Ireland for drafting that pu$$y! Plus he was a barely serviceable starter at that.
At this point, I'm totally over Ireland's ass! In 4+ years he's assembled a just below average team. NEXT!!!!

Posted by: angryseas2000 ()
Date: November 11, 2013 07:05PM

either Martin has serious mental issues or he is a coddled spoiled biatch. the more i think about it the more it pisses me off. Incognito never physically assaulted him yet he needed to quit on his team and take down another offensive linemen with him. Either bow out cuz you cant handle it or call out Incogito and stay with your commitment to your team. Hope the man figures things out and all but selfish decision IMO

Posted by: gofins60 ()
Date: November 11, 2013 07:25PM

Thank you, Jonathan Martin, you may have done one good thing; maybe now Mr. Ross will see that his GM and coaching staff need to be replaced!

Date: November 11, 2013 08:12PM

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 12, 2013 02:06AM

Date: November 12, 2013 02:12AM

Chyren 1st what does Scam Newton have to do with this pathetic franchise? Let me answer that nothing. Secondly Martin is the reason this team played like shit. Think of all the distractions, and having to replace half of your starting offensive line really? I stand by what I said previously this team is DONE, and I am through watching this B. S. of a train wreck for this year. The G. M., and head coach hell even the concession stand employees will all be fired, but for what this team will never ever win until we find a hard ass no nonsense coach that eats steel and shits nails. Until then this no discipline team will continue to choke each and every season. The Bucs new they were going to come back against us, and what does that tell you PATHETIC ONE AGAIN REALLY.

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: November 12, 2013 05:17AM

Is it all the fault of JM/RI or are they just one more rock on the anchor that is dragging the Dolphins down?

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 12, 2013 06:40AM

I'll blame Martin. Incognito is NOT to blame for the team falling apart. If anything, I blame the coaching staff for letting Incognito be voted as a team captain. Regardless, none of this would have blown up if Martin would have just left quietly and professionally.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: November 12, 2013 06:43AM

montequi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'll blame Martin. Incognito is NOT to blame for
> the team falling apart. If anything, I blame the
> coaching staff for letting Incognito be voted as a
> team captain. Regardless, none of this would have
> blown up if Martin would have just left quietly
> and professionally.

Maybe Martin works for bellacheat.

Posted by: CKBLADE21 ()
Date: November 12, 2013 07:01AM

Bottom line...Ireland, Philbin and the coaching staff are to blame for not having the pulse of the team, and not be engaged with what was going on in their locker room. This kind of stuff happens on all teams, but never gets out of hand to this extent...because the issues are identified and dealt with internally. Not in Miami.

Date: November 12, 2013 07:10AM

I have too feel sorry for all of the fans who thought this team was going to be good, and that we had the right coach, and GM. It all starts with the coach. Every thing else comes in 2nd to the coach who has complete control of the team including the locker room. I think we need a hard ass coach who will fight a player who questions his authority. Somebody like Ditka or Lombardi. Any suggestions anyone because Philbin it not cutting it dammit.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: November 12, 2013 07:17AM

This whole thing is coaching, Sherman coaching, lack of leadership coaching, bad leadership coaching, Incog coaching, oline sucks coaching.

What's not coaching is the GM, drafting, f/a signings and losing good players etc

Martin had the nuts to say screw this.Just like Elway had the nuts not to want to go to the Colts.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 12, 2013 01:47PM

Finshady Wrote:
> You petty scared biatch routine screwed up this
> team for years. You good for nothing fat big
> crying ass baby. I hope your happy you fat LOSER.
> Stay away from this team because you have screwed
> it up more than you'll ever know. You're a coward
> for taking the easy they picked on my card. You
> quit on your team the fans, and mostly yourself.
> Bye Bye you big baby.

The play on the field was already bad before this drama started.

The only thing this did was bring embarrassment to the Dolphins organization.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: November 12, 2013 01:57PM

If we get the conversion, another touchdown and conversion tie us at 15. With just an extra point, another touchdown and extra point put us down one. Miss it, and we're down less than a field goal. Get the 2 point conversion when they're not expecting it.

Rick

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 12, 2013 02:00PM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
> If we get the conversion, another touchdown and
> conversion tie us at 15. With just an extra point,
> another touchdown and extra point put us down one.
> Miss it, and we're down less than a field goal.
> Get the 2 point conversion when they're not
> expecting it.

By "not expecting it" I take it you mean line up as if kicking it then going for a trick play?

Date: November 12, 2013 02:01PM

" I blame the coaching staff for letting Incognito be voted as a team captain."

I doubt the HC can manipulate the voting as you suggest he can.

Rick

Date: November 12, 2013 02:03PM

Martin is nuts, all right.

Rick

Date: November 12, 2013 02:14PM

captkoi Wrote:
> dolphan4545 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If we get the conversion, another touchdown and
> > conversion tie us at 15. With just an extra
> point,
> > another touchdown and extra point put us down
> one.
> > Miss it, and we're down less than a field goal.
> > Get the 2 point conversion when they're not
> > expecting it.
>
> **************************************
>
> By "not expecting it" I take it you mean line up
> as if kicking it then going for a trick play?

No what he means is that it was so early (3rd Quarter not first half as I first said) that you line up quick to do the two point conversion when traditional wisdom says go for 1 at this point, and the sheer fact that you are doing the unusual will so unsettle them that the chance of converting is much better than late in the 4th quarter when you are behind by two AFTER the touchdown but before the conversion.

Now, this is my editorial that follows. This is SO LIKE PHILBIN. He does stupid things that only have ANY chance of success because no one is expecting anything that crazy! So far this year, it has never worked.

Philbin is basically trying to imitate (in effect) the famous "Dan Marino spike." But he just comes off as being silly.

Date: November 12, 2013 02:20PM

Not sure it was all that crazy, but that IS what I meant.

Rick

Date: November 12, 2013 02:33PM

LOL. Like I clearly stated, that which followed was my "editorialization."

Date: November 12, 2013 02:33PM

Can't be mad at Martin. I truly think he has some deep issues and dug a hole he couldn't get out of. Its Irlends fault for not seeing it when he drafted him. All he saw was Harvard educated parents , and a Stanford Graduate. But on a kid like Dez Bryant from the hood, he's asking questions about his mom.

He's a dipshit. This is squarely on his shoulders .

Incognito is probably not at fault here, but his past has caught up to him this time.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 12, 2013 02:53PM

I think you got it right Treasure. I still think the Lovers theory but if not, this is it.

Date: November 12, 2013 07:10PM

That might be a part of his issues. Martin may very well be a Homosexual and that's what causing him so much anxiety . But are you suggesting Iggy and him? eye popping smiley No way on that one. Na da. I have reasonably reliable Gaydar and I get a spidy sense off Martin but Iggy No way. That would blow my mind.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 12, 2013 08:24PM

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 13, 2013 03:18AM

Ireland didn't have to ask Martin if his mammy was a HO. She's a lawyer so, Ireland already knew the answer.
BUTT seriously, I totally blame Philbin and the coaches. Harbaugh didn't have any problems grooming Martin to be an all-American at Stanford. Philbin, on the other hand, got rid of all the veteran leaders in the locker room and this soap opera filled the vacuum.
Philbin just doesn't have the type of personality that a team needs to rally around. He's always reminded me of Cam.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: November 13, 2013 04:07AM

The signs could of easily been missed before Martin was drafted, but it's almost criminal that his softness was ignored and he was being handed the starting LT spot with no viable "plan B" this off-season. They could of made a better offer to keep Jake Long, they could of pulled the trigger on the Brandon Albert trade, they could of drafted another LT, they had alot of options. How in the hell could they just ignore the obvious signs? (obvious if you believe that the coaches asked Ritchie to toughen Martin up). By ignoring the O-line, now we still have the "what if" questions about Tannehill instead of knowing for sure if he's worth investing more time in or not, same thing last year when Ireland ignored the WR spot.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: November 13, 2013 04:34AM

good point harbough said Martin was a good guy, good player. Somehow the dolphins ruined him

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: November 13, 2013 04:57AM

The Dolphins could have brought Martin into an environment where he could have thrived and developed. Instead they threw him into a cesspool.

From the SI Vault April 22, 1996:

'The one knock to which critics cling is that X is a tad soft, that he lacks the toughness, the nastiness, to manhandle opponents. The videotape indicates otherwise, and Devaney believes the criticism may be a by-product of X's unassuming off-field nature and record as a solid citizen.'

Pre draft analysis of player X
X is in the Hall of Fame the team that drafted him knew how to develop there players

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.